How Alien 3 should have ended...

Started by darthSnipe, May 02, 2008, 02:45:53 AM

Author
How Alien 3 should have ended... (Read 12,537 times)

darthSnipe

darthSnipe

You know, so many people complain about how Resurrection ruined Sigourney Weaver's Ripley but really, the ending left such a cliffhanger there was no denying there'd eventually be a fourth follow-up. If they wanted to truly end the Alien series I think it should have went something like this:

My Alien 3 Ending

QuoteINT. BOILER ROOM

BISHOP II

Ripley! Think of all that we can learn from it! It's a chance of a life time! You must let me have it! It's a magnificent specimen!

It's a MAGNIFICENT specimen! These words bring back painful memories, both of ASH and the corruption that is the Weyland-Yutani corporation. She clutches her chest in pain, realizing the hatchling QUEEN is beginning to awaken. Ripley begins to lose her footing, slowly closing the point between the searing lava below and herself.

BISHOP II

Ripley!

Ripley snaps back to reality. She turns her head to the PIT below, then to Bishop II.

RIPLEY (grinning)

A perfect organism?

BISHOP II

Yes..you see don't you? Think of what can be learned from it, you'd be throwing that all away just because of some silly paranoia!

Ripley shakes her head in disbelief. She edges towards the very side of the PIT -- the soldiers draw their rifles.

BISHOP II

Don't! We can't risk using lethal force. It'll endanger her and the creature inside with it.

Ripley is about speak but stops with a painful grunt after feeling the LEERING crunch of her muscles being torn from within. She realizes time is running out. A CHOICE has to be made.

BISHOP II

You know what is right. Come with me. Please.

His words of encouragement are blocked out by the SNAPPING of her muscles. She embraces her chest with both arms. Blood BURSTS from within. Ripley finally loses her footing entirely, taking a deep plunge into the PIT.

BISHOP II

RIPLEY!

As she makes her descension TIME seems to slow as she reminisces to past EVENTS. She hears the words of those on the NOSTROMO. The chestburster QUEEN finally emerges, screaming in terror as it uses the coil of it's tail to throw itself forward. Ripley's eyes begin to close as the life quickly begins to leave her body.

NEWT (flashback)

It won't matter.

Ripley's eyes OPEN. Whether voluntary or involuntary she grabs the creature with a free hand. It screams in terror. Ripley's body is SUBMERGED in the fire, her one free arm beginning to disintegrate from the heat. The QUEEN screams in pain as every ORIFICE in it's alien body begins to pop and spew ACIDIC blood.  It bites at Ripley's lifeless hand and meets the same fate despite it's efforts.

ENT. ZOOM-IN OF SLEEPING RIPLEY ON THE SULACO

RIPLEY

This is Ripley, last surviver of the Nostromo. They say monsters don't exist. But they do. I've seen them take countless friends from me. They lurk in the darkness, waiting for just the right moment to appear. You may say monster's don't exist, but I know they do.

END OF TRANSMISSION.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I hate the dream idea.  It's daytime tv.

darthSnipe

darthSnipe

Quote from: Kimarhi on May 02, 2008, 02:47:29 AM

Dramatic ending much? Without it it'd be just another cliffhanger. But maybe it could mean an Alien 5  :D!

Edit: Oh and incase you were confused, the very reason I went with such a cliched ending is simply due to the fact movies with non-dramatic ending usually equals= FAIL with average moviegoers. I know it's crucial to concentrate on the more varied crowd but those who just like movies for the action and emotional scenes need an ending like that.

maledoro

maledoro

Yep.

darthSnipe

Quote from: maledoro on May 02, 2008, 03:04:06 AM
Yep.

And for the same reason I wrote..? Using that as a reference for a "lack in my writing skills" is being ignorant and at the same time showing you're too damn lazy to read what I edited in. Stop trying to be a hard ass and understand that just because some (ala few) avid fans don't like endings like that the general public does. You can spout off a thousand reasons why that ending is wrong and I'll agree with you but it won't make your point any clearer as I've already expressed that I don't particularly like the ending I wrote.

SiL

SiL

I think the only problem here is thinking Alien 3 ended on a cliffhanger.

She killed the last Alien, the company was foiled, and most of all, she's dead. That's pretty darned final.

darthSnipe

Quote from: SiL on May 02, 2008, 03:19:54 AM
I think the only problem here is thinking Alien 3 ended on a cliffhanger.

She killed the last Alien, the company was foiled, and most of all, she's dead. That's pretty darned final.

What caused the cliffhanger was there was no confirmation on if the Alien had survived or anything. We were to assume it died but we weren't given any visual to indicate it other than Ripley's body being turned to ash.

SiL

SiL

I assume you mean the Queen. That was kind of the point of her throwing herself into the furnace; to kill the thing. Bit like saying Aliens ended on a cliffhanger because we don't know if Hudson died or not.

darthSnipe

Quote from: SiL on May 02, 2008, 03:22:09 AM
I assume you mean the Queen. That was kind of the point of her throwing herself into the furnace; to kill the thing. Bit like saying Aliens ended on a cliffhanger because we don't know if Hudson died or not.

True, but then again we couldn't know for sure if the grenade truly killed Gorman and Vasquez either. Despite it being a point-blank range (people have survived from worst things: direct RPG shots, ect.)

SiL

SiL

...That's kind'a my point. You have to take the inference that it's killed.

Besides which, the thing being alive wasn't even what got us the 4th movie. :P

darthSnipe

Quote from: SiL on May 02, 2008, 03:38:37 AM
...That's kind'a my point. You have to take the inference that it's killed.

Besides which, the thing being alive wasn't even what got us the 4th movie. :P

Um..yes it was? The Queen is the sole reason they tried so desperately to clone Ripley in the first place. They hoped and believed that the creature would in turn, be cloned as well if they cloned Ripley.

That Yellow Alien

Oiy vey...

Alien 3 has the most conclusive ending of the series. Ripley is dead, as is the Queen inside her. Did you think that it could survive falling into a f**king furnace?

SM

SM

QuoteUm..yes it was?

Um... no it wasn't.

The point of the end of Alien3 was for Ripley to die while killing the last Alien AND deny the Company.

And for 200 years she was successful.

The "and it was all a dream" ending has not only been suggested by an endless line of disgruntled and unimaginative fans for 16 years, but is also a cheap, lazy and altogether unsatisfying deus ex machina that insults the audience.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: darthSnipe on May 02, 2008, 03:48:48 AM
Um..yes it was?
Um, no. The thing was dead. As you said, they tried to clone Ripley to get it back. Big difference.

SM

SM

And on top of that, Ripley 'losing her footing' devalues her sacrifice, turning a willful act into a silly accident AND there's no grace in Ripley trashing around in the fire.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed