A3 egg

Started by rycher, Apr 01, 2008, 04:13:49 AM

Author
A3 egg (Read 11,059 times)

stephen

stephen

Firstly, whether or not it is a waste of time or energy is beside the point because the egg WAS in a different location.  The question is how it got there.

Secondly, thinking about it, if there is any threat to the egg, then it makes sense for it to be moved.  "Don't be where your enemies expect you to be."

I don't think it is a waste of time and energy at all.

As for the egg being upside down - I put it down to possibly the egg having some sort of very limited movement with tendrils or something.

How else would it get like that - the queen couldn't lay the egg upside down especially without her ovipositor?  Perhaps she could have laid the egg and then placed it there herself but she couldn't have because the egg wasn't in the dropship.

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: stephen on Apr 15, 2008, 03:27:40 AM
The question is how it got there.

David Fincher said, "Put it there." 

Seriously, trying to come up with weird theories on 'how it might just have managed to happen maybe' is like coming up with an in-universe excuse for Lance's torso coming out of his "Bishop hole".

It's pointless.

stephen

stephen

No it's not - they're two different things.

One is a story problem.

The other is a mistake.

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

Alright, let's come up with a theory on who repainted the Sulaco while it was heading back to Earth.

And who took Ripley and co. out of their hypersleep tubes and put them into different ones.

Those are the same as the egg problem.

stephen

stephen

No they're not.

They're mistakes in continuity.

The egg thing is a story problem given what we know from the previous two fillms about the aliens life cycle.

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

How is the egg not just another "mistake in continuity"?  The film just says it is there, and we're supposed to accept it.

The same people who snuck in to change the tubes put it there, how about that?

Another WY conspiracy, those wiley devils.

Jeez, I mean come on...

"Okay, so the Queen had an egg and a facehugger maybe, and possibly the facehugger moved the egg into another room, and then the egg might have climbed up under a table perhaps, with the tendrils that have never shown any sign of being prehensile, and then something else implausible might have also happened."

I think I might just slit my wrists with Occam's Razor.

SM

SM

QuoteOne is a story problem.

No, sadly, it's a mistake  As are all things not thought through properly.

My theory runs thusly.

- Dropship docks with Sulaco.
- Bishop powers it down.
- While it's powering down and they're disembarking, Queen creates acid hole in landing gear well and inserts the egg (which she brought with her from the hive) into the dropship's superstructure.
- Some of the acid drops at Bishop's feet shortly before he's kebabbed.

It's the best I've come up with after 16 years, and is still full of holes.

stephen

stephen

Well yes it is a mistake because it is not thought out.

But - One affects the plot and story, the other (like seeing Lance Henrikson's torso) does not.

SM - Well it's a theory, just like mine. In your theory I assume you're going with the superface hugger that can take two hosts?

The only thing that I can see that is wrong with it is that the acid may have caused alarms or fire extinghishers or something to go off.

The few drops at bishops feet didn't because there wasn't enough to do so.  The amount of acid that would be needed to cause a hole large enough for the queen to (at least) fit her arms & the egg through would be a great deal more (not to mention the acid would have to eat through an entire deck).

SM

SM

That's all covered by "- Bishop powers it down."

stephen

stephen

Bishop powered down the Dropship, but not the sulaco.

SM

SM

The Sulaco is not going to detect nor care about a hull breach on one of it's dropships.

stephen

stephen

Sorry, just reread what you originally typed about the egg being in the landing gear well.

That seems greatly at odds with what we see in A3.

SM

SM

Why?

(Note this is a rhetorical question.  As I said, I know the theory has holes.  I'm just want to know if you can think up any new ones.)

stephen

stephen

What we see in Alien 3 looks a lot bigger then landing gear well.

Also the structure itself seems quite different.  I'm not sure but didn't we even see the word Sulaco?

stephen

stephen

I'll see if I can have a look again at that scene tonight.

Don't worry about rhetorical questions - I applaud your thought processes.

Feel free to pick my idea to pieces.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed