AVP-REDEMPTION short film

Started by alexpj19, Feb 08, 2008, 03:30:00 AM

Author
AVP-REDEMPTION short film (Read 325,019 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

^^ Just realised I should have quoted. Was refering to Alex's screenshots.

Chris P

Chris P

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 03, 2009, 07:19:10 PM
^^ Just realised I should have quoted. Was refering to Alex's screenshots.

:D Haha, okay. Well I like my work.  Thank you me.  ;D  I am still hyped for the news when the film is launched however.

Chris P

Chris P

Excuse the double post,

I am not sure how long ago this was published, but this is my favourite trailer for the film...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1uYK3R-u2U

Any more trailers coming Alex?

Requiem28

Requiem28

i can't wait for AVP3 news! :) seriously :-[

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Wrong thread dude, a good movie is in the works here.

Chris P

Chris P

Quote from: requiem28 on Jan 04, 2009, 12:43:26 AM
i can't wait for AVP3 news! :) seriously :-[

Not me, I would much rather see an ALIEN 5 preview or a Predator 3 preview to an AVP 3 one.  Plus, Redemption should be great, all things considerred.  ;)

AVP 3 is bound to happen though, the way Requiem left off and even the Strause brothers stated so.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Followed by Davis' own statement, notwithstanding.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Topic. Keep on it.

Chris P

Chris P

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 04, 2009, 10:50:49 AM
Topic. Keep on it.

Roger that eagle one, straying off course, bring'en her back around.  8)

@ Alex, in many trailers and screenshots, it looks like there is some kinda hive on the ship.  IS that true? Or is there fighting on some planet...

alexpj19

alexpj19

yes there is a hive on the ship, in the film it will be explained how it happened, why sulaco and so on.

Chris P

Chris P

Quote from: alexpj19 on Jan 04, 2009, 09:55:49 PM
yes there is a hive on the ship, in the film it will be explained how it happened, why sulaco and so on.

Sweet.  Sounds good Alex.  Looking forward to it.  ;)

Chris P

Chris P

Excuse the double post, but....

@ Alex,

I was just thinking of this (not sure if it's been asked already) but " what inspired you to make the film?"

Was it the fact that the A/P fans needed a "good" film instead of the "FOX-published" ones?  :D

OR...

Did you just want to do it for fun?

What was it?  I was just curious today.  ;D

cloverfan98

cloverfan98

Hi I'm new here, and I'm really looking forward to this movie! I was wondering, could show us how you made everything? I would really like to make something like this, so any help would be much apreciated!

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Chris P on Jan 06, 2009, 11:33:00 PM
Excuse the double post, but....

@ Alex,

I was just thinking of this (not sure if it's been asked already) but " what inspired you to make the film?"

Was it the fact that the A/P fans needed a "good" film instead of the "FOX-published" ones?  :D

OR...

Did you just want to do it for fun?

What was it?  I was just curious today.  ;D

AvPGalaxy - Can you tell us a little of the origin of the project? Where did you get the idea to do a green-screen movie?

Alex Popov – It all began when I saw "Batman Dead End". I decided I wanted to make my own Predator fan film. The next step was making the costume. I did some research on the web about how to make cheap armor and decided to go with cardboard and duck tape. It took me about 2 month to make it and about $200. Lucky for me I finished right in time for Halloween. In 2 days I won about $800 in cash prizes. Eventually I started to think about some storylines and did some test shots. My first test called "Alex Versus Predator", you can find it on YouTube.

Originally I wanted to do all real environments. Maybe in the woods or some construction site, but after a few month playing with Maya 3D and poser I figured I just might give it a try with a green screen. I bought a few pieces of green fabric and scratched it across the hall at work on the weekends and did a few tests. It looked pretty good. After that decided to go with a green screen. So all the scenes on the green screen are shot in the hall way. However some of my friends recently purchased big space in another building and for helping them paint it blue they gonna let me shoot it there. Its much bigger. All the walls and floor will be painted blue. So from now on I'm shooting there.

cloverfan98

cloverfan98

I read in a interview, that you found the 3D Alien models for free I think, online. Can you give us the links?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed