New photos from set (warning, spoilers!)

Started by Machionic, Jan 16, 2010, 05:13:34 AM

Author
New photos from set (warning, spoilers!) (Read 306,999 times)

Hybrid PM

Quote from: Warghost on Jan 17, 2010, 02:46:44 AM
These suits are very likely NOT the "Hero" suits used for the close-ups, etc. The pictures nearly always look this bad when taken like that. I remember when people would see pictures from the various Aliens movies of the Alien costumes which Tom would wear, and no shit it looks completely funky. Just like with the script, I wouldn't judge their take on the Predator costumes based on these crappy photos.
Exactly, even so I think they look quite good. Specially the one with the animal jaw bone. But just wait til we get a better pic.

carnotaurus1350

Having read the script I have to say that I am pleasantly surprised by these pictures. I really hope this movie can continue to look good. Its nice to see the BSPs arent... BSPs. They look pretty decent, but if anything a tad pale. I hope the acting in the movie is solid and not too slasher/campy.

Heres hoping for some more media.

dallevalle

yes from a couple of set pics snapped they are actully extremly positivly good :)

SiL

Quote from: Warghost on Jan 17, 2010, 02:46:44 AM
These suits are very likely NOT the "Hero" suits used for the close-ups, etc. The pictures nearly always look this bad when taken like that. I remember when people would see pictures from the various Aliens movies of the Alien costumes which Tom would wear, and no shit it looks completely funky.
An Alien requires angles and lighting to look right.

A Predator doesn't.

Even looking at the behind-the-scenes shots of stunt suits from Predator 2, it looks great. These look unimpressive, especially design-wise.

And the suits Tom wore looked off because the ADI designs were shithouse to begin with.

Hybrid PM

Quote from: SiL on Jan 17, 2010, 03:15:34 AM
An Alien requires angles and lighting to look right.

A Predator doesn't.
A predator still requires good lighting...

SiL

Not really. Look at the behind the scenes stills of Predator - When the suit's done up fully, it still looks every bit as good as it does on-screen.

Hybrid PM

In certain pictures, not all.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I have to say that the set images look great  :o, and the Preds look great too. I'm not still not 100% hype up yet though.

Pvt. Hicks

I don't care WHAT it looks like in some behind the scenes photos, if it looks brilliant onscreen in the actual movie, then friggin' great I say.

SiL

Quote from: Hybrid PM on Jan 17, 2010, 03:21:30 AM
In certain pictures, not all.
Show me one where it looks bad, by all means.

LukaKovach

This:

vs this (look at the massive size):

vs this crapturds

Sorry, just really underwhelmed at how antisuper this preds are...

CANNON

They got the same skin color as the Vampires in dusk to dawn

Requiem28

wow! i got close with some of the characters!

Inverse Effect

Yeah the setting, reminds me alot of the first predator movie. This movie is gonna be awesome.

Xenomorphine

There was a legitimate reason for the first creature being so tall: Everyone knew Arnie, which meant they deliberately played on that and gave the audience an enemy which looked like it made the Austrian Oak look small. It was a clever sort of psychological ploy on popular culture.

Remember that shot where it slams Dutch back agaisnt a tree by the throat? It looks real and feels real, because the whole thing is physical. All that exotic combination between tribal and industrial worked really well in that jungle setting, because you got the close-ups of metal clunking into water, looking like it had the kind of weight which only a man or creature of immense strength could just effortlessly walk around with. You saw that neon green paint dripping into the mud and sludge.

You saw it and thought, wow, this shit ain't 'Star Wars'!

It's the same quality the viewer picks up on in 'Aliens' and the aesthetic between them which amde so many people want to see the two creatures go up against one another.

And when you have two opponents who will beat and tear the living shit out of anything which moves, you automatically start bracing for what you know to be inevitable when they eventually meet up. Which, of course, could end up being anti-climactic, but if it's done right, like in 'Predator', the whole thing is a cinematic experience you want to watch again: It lives up to the hype the story projects within itself.

It's also why certain props, like the mask and gauntlets, can look a bit out of proportion when worn by a smaller person who's in that suit. :)

As for these ones, I will say that white tusks on a dark mask don't look like a great combination. The things look more slender, which is good, but the net does serve a psychological purpose. People automatically think back to tribal things when you see them worn. It makes them look primal.

But what'll work much better is if they remember to give them the little skulls to wear.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed