New photos from set (warning, spoilers!)

Started by Machionic, Jan 16, 2010, 05:13:34 AM

Author
New photos from set (warning, spoilers!) (Read 308,388 times)

chupacabras acheronsis

Quote from: Requiem28 on Jan 17, 2010, 04:36:40 AM
wow! i got close with some of the characters!

yes you did :o

mace-in-the-face

This looks like shit. It's like "Sy-Fy" channel is making this movie with this dollar-store cast.

I can't believe you tools are getting your hopes up only to be screwed over by Hollywood and a Tarantino groupie once again.

Spoon

Still great to see how something made 20 years ago still looks visually alot better.  Stan Winstons predator looks absolutely amazing. 

Highland

I'm hoping that the totem pred escapes and kills Celtic predators fat kid brother (far right) and his 2 little mates (with no muscle definition).

Brody looks like he's trying to hold a turd in.

This reminds me of the first AVPR photo when everyone creamed their jocks but it really wasn't that impressive.

Haggar

About the heights, someone said Steele was 6'7, so I suppose with the added height of the suits, he and the others (the group of three all look the same height to me) are about 6'11?  They are standing further away than Rodriguez in that photo so maybe they look smaller than they should.  Still, I would prefer if they were all half a head taller than that if I'm right about the heights.

Generally, I like the feel given off by these photos, kind of reminiscent of the first film.  Even Brody looks pretty solid.  The classic Pred looks good, although I dunno if they got his teeth right, can't tell properly.  I am also relieved we don't have that plastic fat look from AVP.  The one on the right should be slimmed down a bit having said that.

Overall, fairly relieved, but they should have used genuine 7ft+ actors for the creatures.

echobbase79

Quote from: mace-in-the-face on Jan 17, 2010, 04:58:42 AM
This looks like shit. It's like "Sy-Fy" channel is making this movie with this dollar-store cast.

I can't believe you tools are getting your hopes up only to be screwed over by Hollywood and a Tarantino groupie once again.

Tools? That made me laugh.

Highland

Seriously, am i looking at different photo's?

"relieved we dont have that plastic fat look"

They are plastic and fat.... add soft and short in there also.

echobbase79

Yeah there not that impressive. Wish they wouldn't have leaked.

Haggar

Quote from: Highland on Jan 17, 2010, 05:04:39 AM
Seriously, am i looking at different photo's?

"relieved we dont have that plastic fat look"

They are plastic and fat.... add soft and short in there also.

Well they don't look that bad to me, not in the instant way I was turned off by the AVP ones..but yeah, they could probably be better.

Alienseseses

It was taken by a cellphone in REALLY harsh lighting.

Corporate Merc

Looks good so far, after reading the comic "Predator: bad blood" Ive always wanted to see two preds dukin it out.

ShadowPred

Looking good so far, please for the love of god let this thing be done right for once!

Corporate Merc

to right man

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Oh yeah and my hopes just went up from the 60's to around 75%!

Just hope that everything that is wrong with the script is wiped clean! So far that's what's happening. At least to my eyes.

No body mesh is freaking lame, but I can forgive it for now.

FrostbyteZER0

Gotta admit, I still don't have high expectations of this film. I hope that it'll be a decent summer flick at the least and not kill off my favorite badass hunters reputation for good. But after the two atrocities (AvP & AvPR) so i don't think anyone will blame me for not holding me breath on anything fox greenlights as far as Alien or Predator films.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed