First cut of Alien

Started by Predator@Alien, Jun 07, 2019, 01:15:11 PM

Author
First cut of Alien (Read 5,344 times)

The Old One

The Old One

Okay, I enjoy seeing more than that though, lol.

SM

SM

QuoteNeither is the tail slap to Parker - replaced by a violent facepalm. Could this have also been filmed?

Wouldn't have thought so.  It seems like a way to be more economical with panels.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

I'd like it available, as a curiousity.

Predator@Alien

Predator@Alien

Well thanl you for all of these answers ! But you can continue to discuss, it's good to have more informations  ;D

judge death

judge death

I would love to see a longer version of Alien movie, not so much for seeing the xenomorph but more with the crew and the work onboard and the crew talking etc. Makes it easier to pretend to be onboard and know there is a long way until we get to the planet and to the end of the movie :D

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

This movie is so damn gorgeous to look at, that I would happily sit and watch the longest cut ever - over and over again.

I wish the vaults would get cleaned out for the remainder of the unused material, and released in one last big boxed-set (that puts the Anthology release to shame) before physical media is a thing of the past.

FenGiddel

FenGiddel

I like that idea. Let's call it "ALIEN: The Longest Cut"

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Elmazalman on Jun 10, 2019, 09:41:44 PM
This movie is so damn gorgeous to look at, that I would happily sit and watch the longest cut ever - over and over again.

I wish the vaults would get cleaned out for the remainder of the unused material, and released in one last big boxed-set (that puts the Anthology release to shame) before physical media is a thing of the past.

I prefer it the way it is.

It's a masterpiece already. Whatever cuts were made must've been for the best.

The Old One

The Old One

Totally agreed, sometimes less is more.

rijir

rijir

I don't think a lot of people get it.  Those of us that want to see more aren't asking to change the official version to some super extended version.  The original is what we all fell in love with.  We just love the look of the visuals and characters so much that we want to see all that extra stuff that didn't make it into the film.

The Old One

The Old One

I think most people get it, they're just satisfied.
The Anthology is a extreme wealth of content as it is.

SM

SM

Quote from: rijir on Jun 11, 2019, 03:45:09 AM
I don't think a lot of people get it.  Those of us that want to see more aren't asking to change the official version to some super extended version.  The original is what we all fell in love with.  We just love the look of the visuals and characters so much that we want to see all that extra stuff that didn't make it into the film.

It's like the Special Edition of Alien 3.  Awesomely fascinating curio from a fan standpoint; often very slow and repetitive from an entertainment standpoint.

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: SM on Jun 11, 2019, 04:41:28 AM
Quote from: rijir on Jun 11, 2019, 03:45:08 AM

It's like the Special Edition of Alien 3
Awesomely fascinating curio from a fan standpoint;
often very slow and repetitive from an entertainment standpoint.
Spoiler
But Aliens to be honest.
[close]

Hudson

Hudson

Quote from: SM on Jun 11, 2019, 04:41:28 AM

It's like the Special Edition of Alien 3.  Awesomely fascinating curio from a fan standpoint; often very slow and repetitive from an entertainment standpoint.

Is the entire Alien Virtual Workprint a full 3 hours? I think I've seen it once and I would agree that it's kind of a novelty. Cool for fans, but you have to be in the mood to watch something as a study in additional content rather than something that really 'works' as a cohesive narrative that carries a lot of momentum. When I think of the removed stuff in Alien, barring extended openings and endings to shots, I'm thinking of some pretty aimless stuff. The 'planning the search' discussion in the galley which seems like an improvised rehearsal, reminds me a lot of the 'let's meet in the assembly hall' scene in Alien 3. The bit where they all come back to the infirmary after the acid burns through the decks and Brett keeps asking Ash "Is he gonna be okay? Huh?" and Ash just seems impatient and ignores him. Definitely the substitute scene for repairs where Parker and Brett are working and Ripley hassles them about it as well. "I got the hardest job on this ship!" These scenes are all different from the Dallas cocoon scene, since that's actually disturbing and horrific (even if it also slows the pace).

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

Precisely. I would never want the historic, original 1979 film to ever be replaced or lost to time.
I would like to see an alternative that offers a much more immersive viewing experience. Nothing wrong with wanting to see more of your favourite characters and environments.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed