Started by Predator@Alien, Jun 07, 2019, 01:15:11 PM

Author
First cut of Alien (Read 5,343 times)

The Old One

The Old One

I certainly didn't.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Pretty sure the whole set is on 1 level, so anytime someone climbs down or up a ladder its just pretend anyway.

FenGiddel

FenGiddel

Quote from: SM on Jun 14, 2019, 03:04:29 AM
Interesting that the shot they ended up using had the Alien facing the other direction when it stood up.
Right. I think the angle used in the movie is much more frightening. The elongated head is more pronounced as it swings around. To. Look. Straight. At. The. Camera!  :o :o :o

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

The Alien, bathed in blue and a much deeper orange, (compared to the almost yellow, of the previous DVD and BD releases) looks beautiful in 4K.

Nostromo

Nostromo

Quote from: xeno_alpha_07 on Jun 14, 2019, 02:41:22 AM
Quote from: Elmazalman on Jun 12, 2019, 09:28:19 PM
The outtake of the Alien in the corridor, I have no idea as to its origin but I was lucky enough to have found it with someone's help. This, definitely should have been part of the Blu-ray set.

I got that shot from an AVP: Requiem behind the scenes video which is available to download here on AVPGalaxy.  Click here and skip to the 2:35 mark. I clipped, slowed and resized the footage and uploaded it 9 years ago on Vimeo  :) below is the original video I uploaded.

https://vimeo.com/8973812

Nice.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: 426Buddy on Jun 15, 2019, 03:11:40 PM
Pretty sure the whole set is on 1 level, so anytime someone climbs down or up a ladder its just pretend anyway.

Well yes, but the fact is the med bay is supposed to be on the ship's top deck... so what could possibly be above it?

SM

SM

Airduct.

Parker and Brett knew she'd be pissed, so they locked the doors to the bridge.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Nice save!

I never even thought about which deck the infirmary was on. Feel like a casual now :laugh:

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: SM on Jun 17, 2019, 11:18:04 AMAirduct.

Parker and Brett knew she'd be pissed, so they locked the doors to the bridge.

Lol.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: 426Buddy on Jun 17, 2019, 11:25:48 AM
Nice save!

I never even thought about which deck the infirmary was on. Feel like a casual now :laugh:

I believe a good portion of the mega fans don't even get hung up on this type of minutiae. :)

The Old One

The Old One

I sure don't.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: The Old One on Jun 17, 2019, 04:22:50 PM
I sure don't.

Me neither. :)

#LambertSlapSupporter

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Lol.

Ship geography notwithstanding, I actually quite like the slappy version of the scene. One of the DC changes I might possibly keep in my hypothetical "best cut".

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed