Hey they Cloned Ripley...

Started by Major Alan Schaefer, Sep 16, 2007, 11:57:28 PM

Would it be awesome to have Hicks cloned?

Yes
21 (35%)
No
26 (43.3%)
who cares
9 (15%)
Can't be done without him
4 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 58

Author
Hey they Cloned Ripley... (Read 7,181 times)

Fitzley

Fitzley

There is absolutely no reason why anyone would ever clone Hicks...he's just a grunt...no offense.

The Chibi Kiriyama

It was bad enough that Resurrection even had to reference cloning, much less that they cloned a character who received an appropriate ending in Alien 3. I don't want to see the same happen to Hicks even if they explain it away. It's time we all realized- fanbase and Hollywood included- that cheap deus ex machinas do not make for good storylines.

Major Alan Schaefer

true lots of people don't like it i don't have a oppion i just thought about it and the Miltary wouldn't have to clone him, i was just thinking bout the idea and the fact poor Michael Behin doesn't get tons of work

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

I only voted yes for the hell of it. I wouldn't really have expected him to be cloned back for alien: resurrection, wouldn't be any point to it, as they only needed ripley for the alien queen in her. lol

So don't take that vote too seriously and say "who the f**k would want hicks back?" or shit like that. lol

Major Alan Schaefer

lol i wouldn't expect the miltary to clone him
More like Ripley or someone else

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

But your missing the point.  Hicks would be a vegetable, or a senseless beast if he was brought up the same way Ripley8 was.  The only reason Ripley 8 remembers anything is because she has alien dna inside her and they have genetic memory.

Hicks doesn't.  He wouldn't remember anything.  He'd just be like, "durrrrr." Or perhaps like, "growl."

Major Alan Schaefer

Quote from: Kimarhi on Sep 17, 2007, 09:02:57 PM
But your missing the point.  Hicks would be a vegetable, or a senseless beast if he was brought up the same way Ripley8 was.  The only reason Ripley 8 remembers anything is because she has alien dna inside her and they have genetic memory.

Hicks doesn't.  He wouldn't remember anything.  He'd just be like, "durrrrr." Or perhaps like, "growl."
he wouldn't be a retard after a while, and the point was bringin the charater back since this is a movie and they would defantly make him Hicks agian the man and the look

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

He WOULD be a retard.  You couldn't sit einstein down in a thirty year old clone body and expect him to be a genius because he wouldn't have ever used THAT mind to apply anything, nor would he remember experiences his original body had.

He'd be a blank slate, a computer completely clean of software. 

Just because a body and a clone body are genetically the same doesn't mean the clone body gets the other ones memories.  That isn't how it works.  They could teach Hicks things, but he'd basically be a kindergartner or a first grader in a thirty year olds body.

Its a bad idea, one that even in movieland, makes no sense.

Major Alan Schaefer

well i'm still amazed no one knows how hollywood can look at the possiblilties of if he could and knowign the genius writers of today they could make a  reason and i know he wouldn't i was just trying to let the idea be expanded beyond how

Predator_88

Predator_88

I know no one will go for this BUT i give my idea anyway. Ok befor Alien 3 the Predators(or someone) take him out of his sleep and replace him with a fake. Now they take him cause they think hes in charge and want to no more about the aliens( or what happened or some crap like that) And the never return him. So we could bring him back (not as a clone) just it would have to be in AvP 3 cause Alien 4 he would be died of old age. Now I no its kinda a dumb idea but its one way they could do it.

SM

SM

Quotewell i'm still amazed no one knows how hollywood can look at the possiblilties of if he could and knowign the genius writers of today they could make a  reason and i know he wouldn't i was just trying to let the idea be expanded beyond how

If anyone could answer not only 'how' or 'why' this might be a vaguely intelligent idea, but since no one can...

Case in point...

QuoteOk befor Alien 3 the Predators(or someone) take him out of his sleep and replace him with a fake.

Sorry that was as far as I got before tears of laughter obscured my vision.

Major Alan Schaefer

Quote from: SM on Sep 18, 2007, 12:13:59 AM

QuoteOk befor Alien 3 the Predators(or someone) take him out of his sleep and replace him with a fake.

Sorry that was as far as I got before tears of laughter obscured my vision.
yea that was pretty funny...

Predator_88

Predator_88

Hey i told you it was a dumb idea  :) but its still better then a clone.

Predator_88

Predator_88

They could bring in a twin brother. Might not be Hicks but at least it will be close :-\

SM

SM

Quotebut its still better then a clone.

No it's just as silly.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed