Started by BA79, Dec 02, 2016, 12:47:42 AM

Which do you prefer? A:TV or A:DC?

Aliens theatrical version
15 (31.9%)
Aliens director's cut
32 (68.1%)

Total Members Voted: 47

Author
Aliens theatrical version vs Aliens: Director's cut (Read 12,660 times)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Kradan on Jun 17, 2019, 04:43:47 PMI just go with mentality "director's cut is always better" (due to all additional footage, you know).  :)

Well technically the Alien DC has less footage, given that it's shorter... :P

Not to mention Scott's said a few times he only did it because the studio asked him too, and he still thinks the original is better.

Quote from: Kradan on Jun 17, 2019, 04:43:47 PMWait, I actually have a problem with DC! I miss "What are my chances" scene  :'(

That alone is basically why I prefer the theatrical. My favourite scene (along with the subsequent vent sequence), a fantastic bit of foreboding, and Scott ditched it.

Kradan

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jun 17, 2019, 04:51:01 PM
Quote from: Kradan on Jun 17, 2019, 04:43:47 PMI just go with mentality "director's cut is always better" (due to all additional footage, you know).  :)

Well technically the Alien DC has less footage, given that it's shorter... :P

"I know!"

The Old One

The Old One

> All the added "DC" stuff.

Kradan

Even if it placed really terribley in DC i'll always give extra point for eggmorphing sequence.  :P

The Old One

The Old One

It's good, but "What are my chances" is a superior scene.

Kradan

Well, i guess it's a matter what you're looking for while watching Alien. If it's solid character's development, yeah scene with Dallas in Mother's room is great. But if you want something unknown, something mysterious, something really Alien (which i really do, i don't care for the characters much) eggmorphing sequence is better one.

HuDaFuK

The thing that bugs me about the eggmorphing scene in the DC is, much like the earlier added scene where they listen to the signal, Ridley felt the need to mess around with it and it winds up being inferior.

The original version of the scene is much longer and, in my eyes, much creepier.

Elmazalman

I never liked the cocoon scene (as filmed), the truncated DC version I like even less.
Replacing the Ben Burtt transmission audio with something less effective was a mistake, imo.

The Old One

The Old One

Yeah, definitely agreed regarding the transmission.

Kradan

I'm gonna to break that idyll of Alien TC lovers reminding you all that this topic is about Aliens  ;)

The Old One

The Old One

Ah yes, fair enough lol.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed