Started by BA79, Dec 02, 2016, 12:47:42 AM

Which do you prefer? A:TV or A:DC?

Aliens theatrical version
15 (31.9%)
Aliens director's cut
32 (68.1%)

Total Members Voted: 47

Author
Aliens theatrical version vs Aliens: Director's cut (Read 12,661 times)

BA79

For me it is a no brainer. Director's cut with zero doubt. However some actually like the original version due to pacing... (and not having to hold a poss for 2 hours and 40+ minutes.

Local Trouble

Theatrical across the board.

The Alien Predator

Definitely Director's Cut, I love the extra scenes.

Local Trouble

SM

I end up watching the Special Edition more often, even though it doesn't actually add anything to the narrative.

SamuelDL

I love the scene of the cocoons. Only for that, the director's version.

SiL

Aliens, not Alien.

SamuelDL

Quote from: SiL on Dec 02, 2016, 03:04:45 AM
Aliens, not Alien.

Oh, sorry, I did not read well. I also choose the director's for seeing the alien ship again and the turret scene, of course.

Lonely Universe

I prefer theatrical but do regret it missing the derelict & turrets. I think maybe if you cut out Simpson & the lame holodeck you would have the ultimate edition.

Ha, it's just a big TV on the wall!

It does add something to Ripley & Newt's relationship for Amanda to be mentioned though... hmm.

SM

Nah, it just makes it convenient.  'Oh you lost your daughter? Nevermind, here have another one'.

The theatrical version makes Ripley a little more selfless, rather than being given a surrogate Amanda.

Lonely Universe

Yeah I guess you're right. If it had been established that Ripley had a daughter in the original it would be super meaningful, but by the sequel it is kinda cheap.

If that's the case you would think in Alien she would have been like, "You are not bringing that thing on board, I have a daughter I need to get home too!" or any other of the times she would have a good reason to mention it.

SM

Nah, it's clichéd.  As soon as you mention you have someone to go home to, a target appears on your forehead (like Aaron in Alien 3 or any number of war films).  If Ripley did it in Alien, it makes her sound like "I'm more important than you" and selfish.

Elmazalman

I took it for granted that each Nostromo crew member had someone to go back home to.

I prefer ALIENS D.C.

BonesawT101

Haven't voted yet, I'm debating which to decide upon  ??? One the one hand I definitely prefer the theatrical cut for pacing reasons. Once it gets going, it never let's up. However I really love the scenes the Director's cut adds. 

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed