Scrap Prometheus sequels for Alien 5?

Started by LastSurvivor92, Jun 10, 2014, 07:31:34 PM

Should 20th Century Fox scrap Prometheus sequels for an Alien 5?

Yes
13 (39.4%)
No
20 (60.6%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Author
Scrap Prometheus sequels for Alien 5? (Read 9,254 times)

Ghostface

I'd rather Prometheus2 with Ridley and a new Alien storyline with Neil Blomkamp. I like Ripley but her story was done at 3 as far as I'm concerned.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Ghostface on Jun 12, 2014, 09:34:11 AM
I'd rather Prometheus2 with Ridley and a new Alien storyline with Neil Blomkamp. I like Ripley but her story was done at 3 as far as I'm concerned.

Scree

Meh, I'd rather have AVP3.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Scree on Jun 12, 2014, 07:56:37 PMMeh, I'd rather have AVP3.
I hope you mean the damn video game...

Scree

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jun 13, 2014, 07:30:20 AM
Quote from: Scree on Jun 12, 2014, 07:56:37 PMMeh, I'd rather have AVP3.
I hope you mean the damn video game...
Or what? I don't care about the video games.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Scree on Jun 13, 2014, 08:28:25 AMOr what? I don't care about the video games.
And I'd rather staple my ballsack to the ceiling than sit through another one of those atrocious AVP movies.

OpenMaw

There was nothing wrong with the AVP concept. If anything it was almost guaranteed success, but Hollywood has a way with taking a great idea and taking every turn in the wrong direction.  :laugh:

HuDaFuK

As a concept I'm really open to an AVP movie. But the ones we got were crap, in the case of the first, and outright appalling, in the case of the second.

OpenMaw

Absolutely.

If you haven't had a chance, i'd recommend giving SiL's take on an AVP film a read. He did a really solid job all around on it. http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=34423.msg1631488#msg1631488

Jeeze, I pimp that script a lot...

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jun 13, 2014, 09:36:52 AM
There was nothing wrong with the AVP concept. If anything it was almost guaranteed success, but Hollywood has a way with taking a great idea and taking every turn in the wrong direction.  :laugh:

They need to scrap the existing AvP storyline and just do it properly - future, marines, zero g, etc. And I do really want this to happen eventually.

That said, I would like to see both Prometheus 2 and Alien 5. I'd love them to have a coherent script for P2 though. That'd be my biggest please.

Scree

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jun 13, 2014, 09:36:52 AM
Oh, you mean like Prometheus.  :D

OpenMaw

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 13, 2014, 11:33:25 AM
They need to scrap the existing AvP storyline and just do it properly - future, marines, zero g, etc. And I do really want this to happen eventually.

Wait, Zero G? Where did you get that idea from, Hicks? I'd love to know.  ;D

Corporal Hicks

It was the supposed opening scene from Peter Briggs' 2nd AvP draft. Some Zero G combat between Aliens and Predators. I'd love to see it.

HuDaFuK

Anyone know where you can get that second draft? I quite enjoyed reading the first, if only for how different it was to what we eventually got.

Corporal Hicks

Not a clue. It's never surfaced. I asked Peter years ago if he still had it but unfortunately that was a no.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed