Alien3's Runner behaviour

Started by Valaquen, Jun 07, 2010, 07:12:30 PM

Author
Alien3's Runner behaviour (Read 9,068 times)

SM

Alien³

Alien³

Quote from: SM on Jun 07, 2010, 11:11:45 PM
QuoteOh and who's to say the alien didn't know about the queen embryo before Clemens death? It could have known via instincts passed over from the facehugger.

It's a bit silly.  I can buy the Alien killing threats to the Queen's host AFTER it encountered Ripley, but using it as an excuse beforehand is stretching things.

I like to think that the aliens can enforce their expansion methods by means of knowing what each individual xenomorph is doing. I can't see how it is silly that the runner could know of the queen before it meets Ripley, if anything it helps define the aliens as the perfect organism. It's also backed up by the fact the Runner came after the queen which was laid by the same facehugger.

Quote from: SM on Jun 07, 2010, 11:24:33 PM
Trying to predict Alien behaviour is a bit futile to be honest

Trying to predict anything in these films is futile, but it sure is interesting to hear other's take on things.

Valaquen

SM

SM

Never resist a free plug.  ;D

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: SM on Jun 07, 2010, 11:35:43 PM
Never resist a free plug.  ;D
;)

QuoteAgain, like Brett we see the Alien carrying off a dead victim. With the absence of the Queen, this Alien seems to be systematically killing the local populace off. For what purpose? Possibly for food, but yet again - unknown.

Maybe right - the Alien is seen to be repeatedly gnashing at its dead victims.

SM

SM

I carefully choose words such as "possibly" and avoid making hard and fast statements.  Another one is "unknown" - 'cos it is.

Compare Vincent and Rains.  It's nomming Rains while he's still alive (possibly similar to what happened to Lambert).  With Vincent, Kevin is drawn to his screams - possibly suffering the same fate as Rains, but when he gets there, Vincent's screaming has stopped.  If it's only been stopped for a matter of seconds, we have a very similar death to Lambert and Rains, rather than the more popular view of eating him.

Or it could be something different entirely.

Darkbladepred2.0

Darkbladepred2.0

I always just chalked the runner's confusing murderous behavior up to the dodgy, chopped up writing and editing of the film as opposed to looking for logic in something that was probably just not thought about a whole lot during the process of making the film.

Private Hudson

Private Hudson

Personally I've always thought Spike wanted to create a safe environment for the Queen to lay eggs, then they'd lie dormant for years until some other creatures disturbed them (ie: Kane on the Derelict), which could possibly lead to larger expansion of the Hive like at Hadleys Hope.

SM

SM

Thaat works as long as the Alien knows the Queen is coming.  When it killed Boggs, Rains and (arguably) Clemens - it didn't know there was a Queen yet.

As per my earlier point - what was the Alien going to do with the hosts?  By the time the Queen was born and producing, any coccooned prisoners would be suffering from severe dehydration.

Alien³

Alien³

Quote from: SM on Jun 08, 2010, 01:10:55 AM
It didn't know there was a Queen yet.

It's still up for debate.

SM

SM

Only if one accepts that the hugger told the burster bedtime stories about it's glorious fate serving the coming Queen.

;)

Really stretching things almost into the realms of fantasy.

Alien³

Alien³

Quote from: SM on Jun 08, 2010, 01:19:36 AM
Only if one accepts that the hugger told the burster bedtime stories about it's glorious fate serving the coming Queen.

;)

Really stretching things almost into the realms of fantasy.

That makes out like what I said was ludicrous and down right stupid, but it wasn't. What is wrong with the idea that the facehugger can instinctively encode the runner with it's (lets put it this way) mission and what it has to do via it's D.N.A or genes? How is that "silly" or a "bedtime story?"     

And as for "stretching things almost into the realms of fantasy." well I'm not saying anything more than, they're ALIEN and this is fictional.

SM

SM

I draw your attention to exhibit A, M'lud.  A winky smiley also known as  ;) .

Please.

Alien³

Alien³

Yep.

SM

SM

Simply my opinion that the Alien knowing about the Queen embryo prior to encountering Ripley is nonsense.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed