Predator: If It Bleeds - New Predator Anthology

Started by Corporal Hicks, Aug 02, 2016, 03:47:44 PM

Author
Predator: If It Bleeds - New Predator Anthology (Read 121,740 times)

BryanThomasS

May not be done with Garber...or his relatives...

Corporal Hicks

I'd love to see OWLF expanded on some more in some fashion.

happypred

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 07, 2017, 09:23:16 AM
Comeon, happy, stop being obstinate. It's general politeness to actually have tact during conversation, especially when discussing a subject with someone that actually had a hand in working on it. It's attitudes like that that often given fandom a bad rep. Tone it down.

Hicks, I'll leave Bryan to his own devices. Fans should certainly refrain from personally attacking authours, but I don't think we should water down our genuine criticisms of their work. An online review shouldn't have to pull its punches for fear that it might offend the authour/editor. Too much "tact" will nullify the core criticisms.

Enforcing a minimum level of "tact" is an exercise in controlling tone. As you are a mod, I'll respect your call in this area.

So that people don't think that I'm saying the anthology is bad overall, here is the position I stand by:

Quote from: happypred on Nov 02, 2017, 05:01:15 AM
Just finishes the whole thing...a mixed bag IMO but overall more good than bad .

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: happypred on Dec 07, 2017, 10:16:09 AM
Too much "tact" will nullify the core criticisms.

No, it really wouldn't. And I feel sorry that you even feel way.

Quote from: happypred on Dec 07, 2017, 10:16:09 AM
Enforcing a minimum level of "tact" is an exercise in controlling tone. As you are a mod, I'll respect your call in this area.

You're right, it is an exercise in controlling tone. I want an environment that people would be interested in getting involved with. Not to look like just another place where rude fanboys exist. But thank you, I'd like to see you respect that call in all areas of this forum.

Anyway, I think enough have been said on how I expect people to conduct themselves and interact with others.

happypred

Hicks, what is the correct amount of tact and how that affects the underlying message is deeply subjective. As you've made your call, I'll show myself out. I hope you guys have a fruitful discussion going forward...no malice on my end.

BryanThomasS

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 07, 2017, 10:00:21 AM
I'd love to see OWLF expanded on some more in some fashion.

This is a very good idea.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: BryanThomasS on Dec 07, 2017, 05:53:34 AM
I have no game console and a simple laptop. Not even sure I can play CJ but will investigate.
I believe the game was console-only, unfortunately.

Another option (while perhaps not as engaging as playing the game yourself) is a Let's Play on youtube:

Quote from: BryanThomasS on Dec 07, 2017, 09:28:20 AM
I will move on, Hicks, as promised.  Now, you all mentioned the named Predators you would like to see return in more stories. What about human characters?
To be honest, while interesting and engaging human characters are important in Predator stories, I can't really think of many I'd want to see revisited in future stories, but that's more of a testament to how human characters are often handled in Predator media. The recent 'Predator: Hunters' comic had a grab-bag of survivors from prior Predator comics and I thought that was a neat fist-bump for long-time readers of the comics. There's a bunch of human characters who I'd like to see maybe make a cameo or have a name-drop, but I don't know that they could support their own "sequel" story.

I know that's pretty much a non-answer, I just see it as an inherent problem of making stories that focus on returning characters - it's a balancing act where you have to come up with a contrivance to have the character face Predators again and that can be easier with some characters than others. The 'Turnabout' sequel in 'If It Bleeds' works because the Predators have a grudge against a skilled opponent, but the "grudge, rematch" premise can get played out real fast.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: BryanThomasS on Dec 07, 2017, 09:55:21 AMMay not be done with Garber...

I can think of a few characters from Predator stories I'd like to see expanded upon with stories not featuring actual Predators, but I'm not sure that would fall into the remit of a Predator anthology. Kinda like that Royce prequel comic where he's just being a merc in Africa before he's captured and taken to the planet in the third film. I'd really like to see more stuff like that - cool stories featuring characters we know, but without the stretch of them running into Predators time and again.

Russ840

I would love a follow up on Dutch but I am sure that's not possible.

Perhaps a story about Nolan and his time on 'Gameworld'. Show his decent into madness, all his previous kill, scavenging from others and perhaps some cool alien species.

Bryan. I am just really happy you went there with Harrigan and seem to want to further that. Can't wait to get the your story in 'If It Bleeds'

Broken Tusk adventures in his youth would be great. I know not a Human.  ;)

BryanThomasS

BryanThomasS

I actually think the door for Dutch might be opening again and I'd love to explore him. I tried to get one of my writers to take on Nolan this time but they wanted their own idea so I may take that on if I get to do another antho.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Dec 07, 2017, 12:19:04 PM
I can think of a few characters from Predator stories I'd like to see expanded upon with stories not featuring actual Predators, but I'm not sure that would fall into the remit of a Predator anthology. Kinda like that Royce prequel comic where he's just being a merc in Africa before he's captured and taken to the planet in the third film. I'd really like to see more stuff like that - cool stories featuring characters we know, but without the stretch of them running into Predators time and again.

Quote from: Russ840 on Dec 07, 2017, 12:41:11 PM
Perhaps a story about Nolan and his time on 'Gameworld'. Show his decent into madness, all his previous kill, scavenging from others and perhaps some cool alien species.

I second the idea of more Predators related stories. A different continuation of Royce and Isabelle after the events of Predators would be nice too. I wasn't really a fan of the sequel comic. *shudders in memory of the four armed Predator*

Quote from: Russ840 on Dec 07, 2017, 12:41:11 PM
Bryan. I am just really happy you went there with Harrigan and seem to want to further that. Can't wait to get the your story in 'If It Bleeds'

If you enjoyed the tone of Predator 2, you should dig it!

Quote from: BryanThomasS on Dec 07, 2017, 12:43:08 PM
I actually think the door for Dutch might be ooening again and I'd love to explore him.

That'd be brilliant!

BryanThomasS

All right. Who wants to have me over to play... lol

Russ840

Quote from: BryanThomasS on Dec 07, 2017, 12:43:08 PM
I actually think the door for Dutch might be ooening again and I'd love to explore him. I tried to get one of my writers to take on Nolan this time but they wanted their own idea so I may take that on if I get to do another antho.

I really hope you get picked up for that 2nd Anthology.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 07, 2017, 12:44:19 PM
I second the idea of more Predators related stories. A different continuation of Royce and Isabelle after the events of Predators would be nice too. I wasn't really a fan of the sequel comic. *shudders in memory of the four armed Predator*

Lol. It was not the best.

BryanThomasS

Fingers crossed for January. Also Fox is hosting me for a Live AMA Q and A on the Predator app at 12 pm CST U.S. on Dec. 15. They seem pleased with the book and want to share content via the Pred app, giveaways, etc. so that may open doors. Fingers crossed.

Xenomrph

Quote from: BryanThomasS on Dec 07, 2017, 12:45:31 PM

All right. Who wants to have me over to play... lol
I got you covered, haha.

If you get to do a Dutch story in the future, bonus points if you connect it back around to his brother Schaefer from the early Predator comics - his storyline kind of trailed off in the comics and never really got resolved.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed