My Critique of IGN's Review

Started by NickisSmart, Oct 05, 2014, 10:55:01 PM

Author
My Critique of IGN's Review (Read 3,934 times)

NickisSmart

NickisSmart

I read IGN's review and decided to post my two cents about it in the form of a video critique:

Xhan

Xhan

The fact that gamersgate exists and you're bothering to attempt to "correct" one of the most biased and pay/pander-for-review sites in existence is much akin to tilting upon a windmill armed with a donkey.

Spoiler
Also, you can't correct an opinion, it's a f**king opinion, multiparagraph form or otherwise.
[close]

Quarax

Quarax

"This video contains content from Studiocanal, who has blocked it on copyright grounds."  :(

SM

SM

FarCanal!

NickisSmart

NickisSmart

Quote from: Xhan on Oct 05, 2014, 11:05:52 PM
The fact that gamersgate exists and you're bothering to attempt to "correct" one of the most biased and pay/pander-for-review sites in existence is much akin to tilting upon a windmill armed with a donkey.

Spoiler
Also, you can't correct an opinion, it's a f**king opinion, multiparagraph form or otherwise.
[close]

It's just for fun. Cheers. : )

Well, I've submitted a claim, because according to US law, this video falls under fair use. I will upload it onto Vimeo as well, in case Youtube decides to ignore my claim. Will post the link for that in a bit.

Xenoscream

Xenoscream

Having now played over half the game I can categorically say IGN got it wrong on this one.

Yes the game can be brutally hard, but to give this game less than an 8 I think is wrong, there is so much there that is done exceedingly well.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Spoiler
[close]
You can if their opinion is wrong.

Le Celticant

Quote from: Cal427eb on Oct 06, 2014, 02:23:13 PM

Spoiler
[close]
You can if their opinion is wrong.

But to him your opinion of his opinion will be wrong so he'll correct the opinion of his opinion forcing you to make an opinion of his opinion on your opinion about his opinion.

Some doode just want to waste their time  ;D

Opinions are as good as their constructive deployment capable of transcending the simple binary system of "positive" or "negative".
In other terms, if you don't give something more than a review (if you don't produce anything after that) it's a waste of time for everyone including for yourself.

NickisSmart

NickisSmart

wtf are you talking about? lol

Effectz

Effectz

My friend and I finished the game,took us about 14 hours.First of all the game looks beautiful and the sound is amazing.You can't be rushing around or the Alien will punish you so you have to sneak around,I dunno how many times it grabbed me and pulled me into a ceiling cent because I was running and not paying attention.
The Alien AI is really REALLY well done although there was the odd time I'd load up A save and its right there.

Now the bad stuff.There's parts to this game thats really repetitive,go here,get a keycard,go there do this.You're going to be doing alot of that.There's also parts that feel really drawn out.

I was going to give this game an 8 out of 10 then the ending happened,they pull a Shadow of Mordor,it just ends and you're like wtf?.Guess i'll have to wait for the DLC!So yeah I'm giving it A 7.

NickisSmart

NickisSmart

Tinkered with the video and reposted it. Does it work?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIC7wgNO3U4

Darth Rinzler

Quote from: NickisSmart on Oct 05, 2014, 10:55:01 PM
I read IGN's review and decided to post my two cents about it in the form of a video critique:

Yeah they basically do a bad job when it comes to reviewing Alien games.  Complete bs they said this is the only game that stays true to the alien itself, its like the most unauthentic alien.

Just talking about the Alien itself going by lore, the most authentic aliens would be from A.C.M., then AvPE, then A.INFEST., then AvP2.

They flat out lied about stuff in there ACM review, like saying "there no easter eggs in ACM for the counsels" despite the fact there awards for finding said easters eggs.

I would give Isolation a 8 or 9 BUT since they f**ked up the alien, made it so you can hide from it or distract it with what amounts to a rubber ball, AND on top of that made reviewers believe this IS the correct way a alien should be, going by there reviews, I would give this game a 2 or 1. 

Sega should have made this game but without the ALIEN nor anthing from that universe, fix up the plot to account for this change, and it would have been great. 

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: Darth Rinzler on Oct 07, 2014, 09:07:00 PM
Quote from: NickisSmart on Oct 05, 2014, 10:55:01 PM

Yeah they basically do a bad job when it comes to reviewing Alien games.  Complete bs they said this is the only game that stays true to the alien itself, its like the most unauthentic alien.

Just talking about the Alien itself going by lore, the most authentic aliens would be from A.C.M., then AvPE, then A.INFEST., then AvP2.

They flat out lied about stuff in there ACM review, like saying "there no easter eggs in ACM for the counsels" despite the fact there awards for finding said easters eggs.

I would give Isolation a 8 or 9 BUT since they f**ked up the alien, made it so you can hide from it or distract it with what amounts to a rubber ball, AND on top of that made reviewers believe this IS the correct way a alien should be, going by there reviews, I would give this game a 2 or 1. 

Sega should have made this game but without the ALIEN nor anthing from that universe, fix up the plot to account for this change, and it would have been great. 
I have no f**king clue what you're even saying.

SM

SM

Particularly

QuoteJust talking about the Alien itself going by lore, the most authentic aliens would be from A.C.M., then AvPE, then A.INFEST., then AvP2.

Quotemade it so you can hide from it

Newt hid from not just one - but lots of Aliens.

Darth Rinzler

Quote from: SM on Oct 07, 2014, 09:22:08 PM
Particularly

QuoteJust talking about the Alien itself going by lore, the most authentic aliens would be from A.C.M., then AvPE, then A.INFEST., then AvP2.

Quotemade it so you can hide from it

Newt hid from not just one - but lots of Aliens.

She was nowhere near them so that kinda helps.  In thwe case of this game its in the same room it should see through what your hiding behined, smelled you, heard you or any combo of the three.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed