Why don't they make an Aliens game like this with the entire cast?

Started by LastSurvivor92, Sep 02, 2014, 01:13:15 PM

Author
Why don't they make an Aliens game like this with the entire cast? (Read 2,684 times)

AcrossExistence

I commented about this on their Facebook page. After playing Isolation, which is A+ fantastic, I went on and asked CA if they'd consider doing what Aliens: Colonial Marines was SUPPOSED to be or something more fast paced (not that I'm criticizing A:I). That, plus A:I, would satisfy my Alien(s) gaming experience for a LONG time, and (almost) make up for the past 20 years of canon garbage.

razeak

I actually liked the weapon customizaton(not a CoD fan at all).

On topic

I would like to see them try, but with extremely limited ammo. I like SM's idea a lot also.

If I could choose anything involving Hadley's Hope, it would be an A:I game with the colonists trying to survive the initial infestation and I think it would be neat to play as Newt at some point. I don't know how much length they could get out of a game based on that.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: razeak on Oct 16, 2014, 03:24:54 AM
I actually liked the weapon customizaton(not a CoD fan at all).

Me too. The best thing about ACM was the modernized MP IMHO. I liked the tracker being separate and the customization - but I don't think it was deep enough.

QuoteI would like to see them try, but with extremely limited ammo. I like SM's idea a lot also.

If I could choose anything involving Hadley's Hope, it would be an A:I game with the colonists trying to survive the initial infestation and I think it would be neat to play as Newt at some point. I don't know how much length they could get out of a game based on that.

Shevvie, RidgeTop and I talk about this in the next podcast. What I'd love to see would be an Aliens-ish style game but more(small amount) Xenomorphs that can be killed/injured and things like the destructible scenery so the where of when you engage them matters - acid blood.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 16, 2014, 08:20:24 AMMe too. The best thing about ACM was the modernized MP IMHO. I liked the tracker being separate and the customization - but I don't think it was deep enough.

The weapon mods - like most of the game - just felt really half-assed and tacked-on solely to appeal to the Call of Duty crowd without any serious thought put into it. And while I like them in multiplayer, they shouldn't have had them in singleplayer. Singleplayer should've predominantly been about using the gear from the movie, not some hyper-modified new Pulse Rifle painted with an American flag that's suddenly come into service a couple of weeks after everyone was using the standard M41A.

blood.

As good as it sounds, it'll never happen. It will always start drifting too far into Action category and away from horror / suspense inevitably turning the xenos into cannon fodder.

The alien isolation formula is a fine foundation though imo if they were to attempt it. I'd even settle for a colonial marines dlc that has multiple aliens all randomly seeking you out, all as dangerous as the one in the single player campaign, and they actually work together to flank you etc... You get your hands on some cm firepower... however using it attracts multiple xenos and they are still hard to kill. You need to strategize your attacks etc...

Jango1201

If an Aliens game is to made, I would like some moments of A:I type of encounters but bringing your team together to find a way to kill it without the use of their weapons. An example would be like being in an atmosphere processor and they cant use their guns or on a ship where if you shoot you could rupture the hull. Also, rare, random alien horde attacks that makes your brain fire on all cylinders to figure how to hold up your team in a safe place and prepare for epic fights. These areas could allow fire power but may not be advised. 

razeak

I think there was some depth to the mods.

You had to chooses between different bonuses such as damage, magazine size, reload time, muzzle climb and accuracy as well as different sight options. The biggest.offense was omitting a movie accurate M41A. Otherwise, you don't have to use the mods so no harm no foul imo. The marines did customize their gear and loadouts in the movie, so there is that point also.

The skins were just that, skins. They didn't affect gameplay.

Xenomorphine

I'd much rather see a game where we played from the Alien's point of view (which still hasn't been done right after all those AVP titles, IMO), than yet another humans-running-around-with-guns shoot 'em up. Even back when 'Colonial Marines' was still being hyped as something to look forward to, I was warning that, at best, it would just be one more 'Doom' clone with some token references thrown in.

Xhan

Bald Gringo

Squad dynamics and huge battles sound like terrible ideas. Coop ruined dead space and resident evil, it's totally unnecessary in survival horror games. I would love a game where I get to wield a pulse rife but in moderation, very limited ammunition and severe consequences, acid spray, environmental damage, noise which could attract more aliens etc. Also keep the environments claustrophobic like the movies, it's much more terrifying when you've got nowhere to run.

The problem with  trying to make James Cameron's Aliens into a videogame is the lack of variety, you've got aliens and facehuggers, that's it. Dead space works well because you have a variety of enemy types and different ways to dispatch of each one. It's also a new IP, you don't know what to expect unlike alien. Alien isolation works because your not blasting you're way through it, there's tension and fear. Find a balance between occasional set pieces where you can shoot your way out and only using it as a last resort could work.

I think alien games in the future need to avoid hadleys hope and colonial marines. Take design inspiration like creative assembly have done but have fresh environments which look familiar. There's no reason why a space station or colony security wouldn't have access to military weaponry.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed