Prometheus : The Art of the Film (book)

Started by ThisBethesdaSea, Jun 05, 2012, 02:30:54 AM

Author
Prometheus : The Art of the Film (book) (Read 77,621 times)

Gazz

Quote from: orchidal on Jun 06, 2012, 02:50:50 PM
Damn...awesome link, man.

Does Fifield really go through those different forms?
Or is this all scrapped conceptual materials?

No, he's at the point in the set picture by the time we see him. It looks like he was supposed to be xeno-fied on paper but they dialled it back in execution. 

jezworld

Fifield turning xeno...

Damnit! Thast the kind of stuff we all wanted to see - and make a little more sense now (well kinda)

Rockybear

Quote from: ripley161 on Jun 06, 2012, 02:33:18 PM
http://www.trictrac.net/jeux/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1591422

Stumbed across this . Pics from the book !? I think French but a few rather interesting pictures  :). SPOILERS
8)

orchidal

orchidal

Quote from: Gazz on Jun 06, 2012, 03:06:50 PM
Quote from: orchidal on Jun 06, 2012, 02:50:50 PM
Damn...awesome link, man.

Does Fifield really go through those different forms?
Or is this all scrapped conceptual materials?

No, he's at the point in the set picture by the time we see him. It looks like he was supposed to be xeno-fied on paper but they dialled it back in execution.

Wow! Really?! What a missed opportunity!
Wishing he had went xeno or partially xeno, rather than what actually happened in film regarding the xeno.
I think the audience would have appreciated that so much more

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

That alternate protoxeno is... interesting... but i prefer the one they ended up with. (It's also way more similar to Giger's excellent mural.)

The xeno-fied fifield concept art is just soo silly looking though...

.... he looks like he's permanently doing a ":(" face... i would too if i had that face..

jezworld

I love those designs!

There's far more of a connection there to the 'universe'  ???

Berserker Pred

Cvalda

Quote from: Blacklabel on Jun 06, 2012, 03:48:27 PM
That alternate protoxeno is... interesting... but i prefer the one they ended up with. (It's also way more similar to Giger's excellent mural.)

The xeno-fied fifield concept art is just soo silly looking though...

.... he looks like he's permanently doing a ":(" face... i would too if i had that face..
Looks like the Newborn crossed with one of those aliens from Fire in the Sky.

armageddon

Quote from: jezworld on Jun 06, 2012, 03:12:14 PM
Fifield turning xeno...

Damnit! Thast the kind of stuff we all wanted to see - and make a little more sense now (well kinda)

You know what people here would have said?

"But, we already know that the xenos come from facehuggers! Scott is contradicting himself!RUINED!!"

harlock

Fifield doing the whole 'xeno crouching infront of Lambert' stance when that merc found him before his rampage reminded me of a xeno and it is clear to see he was supposed to be in some sort of transformed state into a xeno in that. Early footage even had him with elongated arms and a slightly different face, so they seemed to have wanted to go down that road but pulled it back, or at least I didn't notice because the shots of him rampaging were so quick.

I would like to know exactly why he went xeno when Charlie seemed to go the way of the Sacrifice Engineer in the end, even if his sperm was infected with alien dna. I guess what I'm trying to actually say is how are the crew turning xeno, along with the worms, when the Engineer just crumbles away. I guess his dna does reconstitute into the primordial soup, so what the hell does that mean? Life evolved from xeno cells?

Gah!

Rockybear

it's really a correct choice for the filmmakers to finally give up the ridiculous  :( xeno-fied fifield concept art design

Game_Over_Man

NONONONONONONO!!

WE MUST HAVE THAT DIRECTOR's CUT!!

This is WHAT I WANTED TO SEE!!

I know there's a better film in there - and just seeing this makes me think Rothman is actually the guy we should be pointing fingers at for what was actually cut out. We've got "90120 in Space" instead of a true hard sc-fi horror I believe Ridley REALLY wanted to make.

ThisBethesdaSea

PLEASE WRAP ANY SPOILER TEXT OR IMAGES IN *SPOILERS*!!!!!!

Valaquen

Quote from: Blacklabel on Jun 05, 2012, 07:06:31 PM
Quote from: Valaquen on Jun 05, 2012, 06:14:50 PM
If Giger did anything it was (quite limited) consulting, and he designed 4-5 murals for the film (we see one or two?)

What's the source for this? I vaguely remember an interview in wich Ridley said that Giger was working on murals ... but i got the impression that "Rids" simply didnt want to reveal Giger was working on other stuff too.

We'll see.
Ridley himself and [name redacted]  :laugh: I'm hoping they'll all be on the DVD/BD or art book.

Quote from: Promethean Fire on Jun 05, 2012, 07:31:47 PM
Its probably all bullshit.
It's not.

Blacklabel

name redacted lol Check the art book thread. some new stuff in there. Big close up on the Giger mural.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed