Question about Alien 3 to A:R

Started by littlesprout, Aug 03, 2023, 06:21:05 AM

Author
Question about Alien 3 to A:R (Read 2,967 times)

littlesprout

littlesprout

So I remember reading somewhere that the reason ripely is killed off in Alien 3 was to put an end to the trilogy at the time to make way for an Avp film since it was also insinuated (not purposefully) in Predator 2

What ever happened to that? And why did A:R get made once weaver new her character was killed off for the possible Avp film?

I wonder what her thoughts were at the time if she was told that the reason her character would end was to make room for future movies, only for her to come back

SiL

SiL

You heard very, very wrong.

Ripley was killed because Sigourney wanted to put it to rest. She was happy with what she'd done with the character and wanted the story to finish.

AvP wasn't first proposed until about 1994 and was shot down by the Alien producers.

They brought Ripley back because they thought they could make more money -- and if anything, to stop an AvP from happening.

oduodu

oduodu

can t find the link but there was an article where she quite clearly stated she just wanted ripley s character to die. maybe that s why she wanted no guns in alien 3.  that was apparently one her pre requisites for being in the movie and a quite hefty pay check if memory serves correctly.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: oduodu on Aug 03, 2023, 11:54:48 AMmaybe that s why she wanted no guns in alien 3.

That was more due to Sigourney's own real life aversion to guns. It didn't really have anything to do with her totally separate decision to want to die in the film.

SiL

SiL

She reportedly had three requests for Aliens - no guns, die, have sex with an Alien.

She did the first two in Alien 3 and there's that weird scene in AR.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: SiL on Aug 03, 2023, 12:22:18 PMShe did the first two in Alien 3 and there's that weird scene in AR.

Being producer comes with its perks.

oduodu

oduodu

what made her take the roll in AR?

other than the almost perceivable alien "sex" scene?

the scene where the newborn was touched by her felt more sexual than motherly.

or is my interpretation incorrect?

Jonjamess

Jonjamess

Quote from: oduodu on Aug 03, 2023, 12:36:52 PMwhat made her take the roll in AR?

other than the almost perceivable alien "sex" scene?

the scene where the newborn was touched by her felt more sexual than motherly.

or is my interpretation incorrect?

Money likely! She got paid a lot of money to make AR.

SiL

SiL

She got millions. Pretty good incentive.

SM

SM

She liked the fact she could do a different take on a familiar character.

And the money was probably a big factor too.

BISHOP 93

BISHOP 93

Quote from: SM on Sep 25, 2023, 11:12:37 AMShe liked the fact she could do a different take on a familiar character.

And the money was probably a big factor too.

Yeah if I recall correctly Sigourney ended up with a lot of sway as producer, she wanted it filmed (A:R) in America ( A first for the series) so she could be closer to family and I'm pretty sure her paycheck was more than the entire budget of Aliens

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed