NECA Aliens

Started by DerelictShip, Jul 07, 2013, 12:50:59 AM

Author
NECA Aliens (Read 853,716 times)

The Old One

The Old One

NECA AVPR PredAlien?

The cheapest on eBay in the UK is; £150.
So, considerably more than $10 then.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

The Predalien is worth 150GBP? Holy christ. I've got one kicking around in a box right now.

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

Quote from: The Old One on Oct 28, 2018, 07:17:56 AM
NECA AVPR PredAlien?

The question is though are they moving at that price or have been sitting there for a while

The Old One

The Old One

Unknown.

dHunter333

dHunter333

Happy day, glad these Neca factory errors are finally over! Series 11 was released on 8/12/17...its been a long while since a traditional Alien wave...and we are still waiting for series 12. These figures should've been released over a year ago.

Still Collating...

Still Collating...

Damn, you're so lucky to have them this early! Nice number of aliens, you can never have too many aliens  ;)
How does Broken Tusk look in person?

Keyes

Keyes

Quote from: The Old One on Oct 28, 2018, 07:17:56 AM
NECA AVPR PredAlien?

In the process of moving house and I found my PredAlien Neca box with the original price label on it... £10.

Did I miss why new Neca Alien/Predator figures cost around 3 times that now?! :o

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

Around here they went from €18 to around €32 in some cases...

windebieste

windebieste

Price is often based on what the market will tolerate. 

The NECA items are marketed as 'Adult Collectibles' and not toys.  As such, adults will spend money on them.

It's the same problem with video games.  They cost the same as a movie to make and yet cost 3-4 times more to the consumer market.  The price is determined by what that market is prepared to pay for it.  Some people will argue it's in the game play but that's not true.  Everyone I know who plays games says the same thing, "I Paid way too much for this item and only played it for an hour."

The point isn't how much you played it - but how much you paid for it.  You still contributed to the market expectation it was worth way more than a movie ticket by buying it in the first place.

-Windebieste.

The Old One

The Old One

Triple A- Videogames cost FAR more to make than films.
Their price is more than reasonable, just don't spend your money on shitty ones.

SiL

SiL

Their price ain't reasonable in Australia... :'(

The Old One

The Old One

True, or Canada.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: windebieste on Nov 08, 2018, 09:30:03 PMIt's the same problem with video games.  They cost the same as a movie to make and yet cost 3-4 times more to the consumer market.  The price is determined by what that market is prepared to pay for it.  Some people will argue it's in the game play but that's not true.  Everyone I know who plays games says the same thing, "I Paid way too much for this item and only played it for an hour."

I haven't bought a game on release for about a decade now.

I don't see the point when I can wait six months, or for the Game of the Year edition, and get it for half the price.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

From chatting to my local store, the import fees have also gone up something rotten - at least in the UK. I remember paying £30 for McFarlane's Queen. Now it's £100 for NECA's.

gabgrave

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed