NECA Aliens

Started by DerelictShip, Jul 07, 2013, 12:50:59 AM

Author
NECA Aliens (Read 853,610 times)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Russ840 on Dec 01, 2016, 10:37:14 PMSo I wonder why will are still yet to see a 'Resurrection' Alien.

They did a whole Resurrection series back when the film came out.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I think he means from NECA.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Was that not NECA?

windebieste

windebieste

The 'ALIEN: Resurrection' series of action figures was made by Kenner; who at the time was owned by Hasbro.  It was the last time Kenner made any Alien figures.   Hasbro shut down Kenner in 2000.

-Windebieste.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

McFarlane's did a Resurrection figure back around 02 as well.

windebieste

windebieste

Doesn't surprise me McFarlane made one.  Has there been an 'ALIEN: Resurrection' figures since then?  Kotobukiya, maybe..?  I really haven't paid any attention to merchandise based on that movie. I'm guessing we're long overdue for some to appear.  NECA may do so one day.

-Windebieste.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I think they've said they will be.

windebieste

windebieste

I'd be surprised if they don't.  After all, 'ALIEN: Resurrection' is the only 'ALIEN' movie not represented in their line up and it's easily more popular than 'AvP-R' whose figures are ridiculously expensive now.  Wow... Try and buy an unopened Alien Hybrid for under $100! 

-Windebieste.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

They've done the AvP Aliens and they're essentially the same mold so...

I still have my Alien Warrior and PredAlien from NECA's first wave of AvPR figures.

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

Speaking of AVP-R, I'd love an updated Predalien with better articulation.

I'm really hoping once they've finished with the movies they'll go on to AVP2010. That Predalien was great looking imo

Gridseeker

Gridseeker

Quote from: JokersWarPig on Dec 02, 2016, 01:23:13 PM

I'm really hoping once they've finished with the movies they'll go on to AVP2010. That Predalien was great looking imo

The trouble with the Predalien figure is the pose is so awkward it´s a pain in the ass to leave it fixed without falling and yes, I hope someday NECA would release a decent model of the predalien. Great looking but awful articulation and pose.

PRJ_since1990

PRJ_since1990

With all due respect fellow fans, Randy Falk of NECA runs their Twitter account and is always answering fan questions. "Are you remaking the AvPR Wolf/Predalien/figures?" comes up practically once every other day. YES they are remaking them. YES they will have the newer body types with lots of articulation. WHEN? Probably not until 2018.

If you don't already have a Twitter, I would say sign up for an account JUST to follow NECA if nothing else. https://twitter.com/NECA_TOYS

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: windebieste on Dec 02, 2016, 11:36:20 AMThe 'ALIEN: Resurrection' series of action figures was made by Kenner; who at the time was owned by Hasbro.

Ah right! Mixing up my manufacturers. Thanks for correcting me!

Master

Master

Both Hasbro and McFarlane did A:R alien. I have one from McFarlane, it was my first alien along with P2 predator. I love them both, yet the difference is visible when compared to NECA product.

windebieste

windebieste

Quote from: JokersWarPig on Dec 02, 2016, 01:23:13 PM

Some time back, NECA tweeted an image of a figure for people to guess.  It was an extreme close up of Predalien 'dreadlocks'.  It's a hint of things to come. 

Quote from: Gridseeker on Dec 02, 2016, 01:57:53 PM
The trouble with the Predalien figure is the pose is so awkward it´s a pain in the ass to leave it fixed without falling and yes, I hope someday NECA would release a decent model of the predalien. Great looking but awful articulation and pose.

Great looking figure but, yes.  Unfortunately, the default stance of their first Hybrid was pretty bad.  It was more or less locked into that stance by the bog standard articulation of the rotating hips and cut joints at the thighs.  Nothing below that.  No movement at the knees or ankles so its posability is very restricted.  The arms were ok but it always amazed me that there was no articulation at the elbow.  lol.  The tail was the most movable part due to its flexible wire core.

Definitely  a figure I would buy again if it was reissued with updated points of articulation. 

Quote from: PRJ_since1990 on Dec 02, 2016, 03:03:58 PM
With all due respect fellow fans, Randy Falk of NECA runs their Twitter account and is always answering fan questions. "Are you remaking the AvPR Wolf/Predalien/figures?" comes up practically once every other day. YES they are remaking them. YES they will have the newer body types with lots of articulation. WHEN? Probably not until 2018.

If you don't already have a Twitter, I would say sign up for an account JUST to follow NECA if nothing else. https://twitter.com/NECA_TOYS

I figure NECA have their work cut out for them during 2017.  They'll be heavily involved in pumping out merch for 'ALIEN: Covenant' so 2018 sounds like a reasonable time frame to return their attention to other movies.

I can wait

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Dec 02, 2016, 03:22:38 PM
Quote from: windebieste on Dec 02, 2016, 11:36:20 AMThe 'ALIEN: Resurrection' series of action figures was made by Kenner; who at the time was owned by Hasbro.

Ah right! Mixing up my manufacturers. Thanks for correcting me!

Easy to do.  Especially when one company is owned by another.  Kenner is actually great example of how confusing it can get.  The company was owned at different times by General Mills, Tonka and Hasbro; and manufactured varied ranges of 'ALIEN' products during the ownership of each of these different parent companies.   

-Windebieste.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed