NECA Aliens

Started by DerelictShip, Jul 07, 2013, 12:50:59 AM

Author
NECA Aliens (Read 854,209 times)

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

Yeah, but in film we only see Spunkmeyer and Ripley handle it.

EDIT: And on the sizes issue, NECA almost always has larger versions, protoypes, of the figures on display at Toy Fair.  The only actual sized thing here is the Powerloader, as mentioned, and the Runner Alien.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Yeah, the prototypes are 2-ups, twice the size of the normal retail-release figures.

Quote from: The1PerfectOrganism on Feb 17, 2014, 01:57:51 PM
Quote from: Xenomrph on Feb 17, 2014, 06:36:55 AM
Quoteif the Warriors in Aliens once looked like Kane's son but then shed their carapace
A common misconception. :)

Definitely want that Runner, Power Loader, and Bishop. Dallas... maybe, but I think I might have to see him in person.

How is it a mis-conception? Nothing says otherwise. (I don't take AVP or EU into account.)
There's a ton of problems with the theory. It assumes every single Alien we saw in the movie was at least like 2 days old (despite new Aliens being born right as the movie is taking place), and the molting doesn't address things like the very different hands/forearms/feet, or even the differences in the head.

I'm of the opinion that "Aliens can look different, in unexpected/unpredictable ways". Makes them more Alien in my book. :)

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

Quote from: Xenomrph on Feb 18, 2014, 03:23:12 AM
There's a ton of problems with the theory. It assumes every single Alien we saw in the movie was at least like 2 days old (despite new Aliens being born right as the movie is taking place), and the molting doesn't address things like the very different hands/forearms/feet, or even the differences in the head.

Not many problems that I can see.  I think the differences in the hands, arms, and feet could simply be another part of the growth process. 

Also, even though directors' comments aren't always canon, the growth theory isn't just some fan "misconception" - Jim Cameron himself supported it.  Yes, he removed the domes because he felt that they could break but he also he has also (later) stated that the ridged heads were a feature that developed as the Alien grew, which is why "Mary"'s chestburster still had a smooth head a la ALIEN.

I'm of the opinion that "Aliens can look different, in unexpected/unpredictable ways". Makes them more Alien in my book. :)

But if its hard to believe that every single Alien in ALIENS had to be at least two days old , why is it any easier to believe that Aliens can look different yet every single Alien in ALIENS looked damn near identical?

We can all interpret the creature however we want to, but I do not feel that the growth theory is riddled with problems.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

I guess but that doesn't work in my book as there'd at least need to be classifications of different types (All the same type in Alien, Aliens, Alien:R when it comes to adults) but yet they're all different and sometimes the explanation is lacking or isn't there at all.

Alien- Drone

Aliens- Warrior

Alien3- Runner

My theory is that it might be something to do with intelligence of the host, as we see that Runners are the same type but can come from both cumbersome large animals and fit small ones. The only commonality is animal instinct and intellgence.
The animal instinct would reason as to why the Runner is so violent, to the point of outright murder where-as the other aliens were very apt about keeping their victims alive for incubation.

Perhaps it could be that intelligence in a human decides whether a more reserved Alien is created (Kane's Son) or simply put, Warriors? Who throw themselves at the enemy.

Although when it comes to Queens, I believe a Pretorian [As I like to call them.] Egg is required.

This is what I'm going off based on the first three films.

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

I like the idea of them molting as they grow. That being said I think it'd be interesting to see a more "matured" runner.

SM

SM

QuoteThe animal instinct would reason as to why the Runner is so violent, to the point of outright murder where-as the other aliens were very apt about keeping their victims alive for incubation.

Kane's Son killed three out of four victims outright.  Was Kane's intelligence similar to that of a dog?

QuoteBut if its hard to believe that every single Alien in ALIENS had to be at least two days old , why is it any easier to believe that Aliens can look different yet every single Alien in ALIENS looked damn near identical?

Except when they change from shot to shot.  ;D

Jace Madan

Jace Madan

Looks like we are getting another '79 Alien according to this article: http://www.figures.com/forums/news/49052-tf14-neca-aliens.html

"... and there are plans for another original Alien."

Translucent maybe? Or just having the lips in a different position...

Master

Master

Maybe bigger, with a different legs based on new game.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Quote from: SM on Feb 18, 2014, 06:12:25 AM
QuoteThe animal instinct would reason as to why the Runner is so violent, to the point of outright murder where-as the other aliens were very apt about keeping their victims alive for incubation.

Kane's Son killed three out of four victims outright.  Was Kane's intelligence similar to that of a dog?

Ummm.. No, we never see this.
We see them being violently injured yes but it's never made a fact of that anyone was killed other than Kane himself.
You can certainly interpret them as being dead, but it's never made a fact of.

Master

Master

Parker and Lambert are definitely dead, Brett looked quite dead to me too.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Quote from: Master on Feb 18, 2014, 07:12:34 AM
Maybe bigger, with a different legs based on new game.

I would love this or a version with the full black smooth back of the head.

Quote from: Master on Feb 18, 2014, 07:18:30 AM
Parker and Lambert are definitely dead, Brett looked quite dead to me too.

Nothing says definitely other than your perception, and you do know that your left a right sides of your brain both need to function to make a fully working human organism? Well, if one is disabled and the other isn't you will likely go into a catatonic state but not dead.

drsmuts

drsmuts

Thats quite a leap! Parker had his brains smashed out all over the floor!  ;)

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Quote from: drsmuts on Feb 18, 2014, 04:56:44 PM
Thats quite a leap! Parker had his brains smashed out all over the floor!  ;)

Un No, he had a hole punched in it, his brains didn't splatter all over the walls.

And as I already said, right and left heimisphere 9.5/10 times it works.
And even if it doesn't it's still legitimate, intelligent and non-violent compared to the Runner.

Blerbins

Blerbins

A few possible updates about the Alien and Aliens series in this link. I guess we will see if this is true.

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/neca-unveils-hot-new-product-line-ups-at-new-york-toy-fair-246004381.html

Spoiler
As part of the 35th anniversary celebration of the ground-breaking movie ALIEN, NECA will release the first-ever action figures of main character Ellen Ripley that feature the likeness and approval of actress Sigourney Weaver, who was nominated for an OscarĀ® and Golden GlobeĀ® for ALIENS in 1987. Initial plans include a figure of Ripley in her Nostromo jumpsuit from the original 1979 film, to be followed later by a Ripley figure based on the 1986 movie ALIENS, directed by James Cameron. Prototypes will debut later this summer at San Diego Comic-Con.
The celebration will continue through the year, with a special 35th Anniversary figure appearing in each series of Alien 7" action figures. Visitors to the booth got a rare peek at Series 3, scheduled for July; Series 4 is slated for autumn.
NECA also revealed a spectacular summer treat for fans: two Deluxe 35th Anniversary releases, both completely in scale with the main action figure line. The massive Alien Queen Ultra Deluxe Boxed Action Figure will arrive in July, shortly before the release of the iconic Power Loader exoskeleton, which is famously used by Lt. Ripley to battle the Alien Queen in one of the most thrilling scenes in the 1987 movie.
[close]

On a side note, I asked about the loader and it's supposed to have quite a bit of articulation and they are trying to get an led up top for the yellow light. Could be pretty awesome. I'm going to be in debt this year lol.

Yep they got her!

https://twitter.com/NECA_TOYS/status/435866862203990016/photo/1

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

OH MY GODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed