NECA Aliens

Started by DerelictShip, Jul 07, 2013, 12:50:59 AM

Author
NECA Aliens (Read 853,820 times)

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

The old hot water trick should do it for a sticky inner jaw.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

On mine it's not being sticky that stops it closing, but simply because it's got not much in the way of clearance, unless you get it all the way up and back as far as it will go. But then once you get the trick to it you are good to go.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I went to check out a relatively local nerd shop and still no signs of the later NECA figures on my side of the fond.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

FUN FACT: the "sacs" on the sides of the Fireteam Spitter Alien's head glow in the dark, as do some of the sacs on the Burster Alien.

They don't glow particularly well (the Spitter glows better than the Burster, though), but they're definitely painted with glow-in-the-dark paint.

Mike’s Monsters

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: Xenomrph on Sep 02, 2022, 06:17:21 AMFUN FACT: the "sacs" on the sides of the Fireteam Spitter Alien's head glow in the dark, as do some of the sacs on the Burster Alien.

They don't glow particularly well (the Spitter glows better than the Burster, though), but they're definitely painted with glow-in-the-dark paint.

Interesting! Wish they'd done just full glow on these. Didn't realize the Burster had any GITD material or paint on it.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Sep 02, 2022, 04:30:52 PM
Quote from: Xenomrph on Sep 02, 2022, 06:17:21 AMFUN FACT: the "sacs" on the sides of the Fireteam Spitter Alien's head glow in the dark, as do some of the sacs on the Burster Alien.

Interesting! Wish they'd done just full glow on these. Didn't realize the Burster had any GITD material or paint on it.
It glows really poorly, but it is there.

immortalundead

immortalundead

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Aug 20, 2022, 05:28:25 PMIt can, because unlike most of NECA's Aliens, it's good!

https://i.imgur.com/gPkv48k.jpeg

I was looking at your photos, and comparing to other images I've seen of the figure, and it seems a bit off to me. The head had some buildup on the front of the dome and the sides seem to be less pronounced, like the details are worn down. Don't wanna be a downer, but you might have a bootleg figure. Compare it this image here
https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/201839

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

My own doing actually. I applied water texture paint to the front because I wanted it to have a slightly meaner look. I actually wanna do this as a blood splattered version from the reveal scene with Boggs and Rains. But have not done any further modifications until I pick another one up later, if I ran it under hot water it would come right away, but I kinda like it personally, apologies if anyone found it misleading, I did say I would be doing that earlier in the thread.

Mike’s Monsters

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: immortalundead on Sep 03, 2022, 02:13:09 AM
Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Aug 20, 2022, 05:28:25 PMIt can, because unlike most of NECA's Aliens, it's good!

https://i.imgur.com/gPkv48k.jpeg

I was looking at your photos, and comparing to other images I've seen of the figure, and it seems a bit off to me. The head had some buildup on the front of the dome and the sides seem to be less pronounced, like the details are worn down. Don't wanna be a downer, but you might have a bootleg figure. Compare it this image here
https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/201839

Nope, you're seeing the real thing. That's how the actual production looked in real life. Mine isn't as perfect and clean as the production images on BBTS either, and I got mine at Target where they're officially sold.

Tip, NECA figures never look as good as the production photos. Most things ever do really. NECA always looks much better in advertising and production photos, and can be slightly off once you see it in hand.

-Edit

Ah! I hadn't read Blue's response before posting this. But I'll leave mine as a general FYI on NECA figures for others.

immortalundead

immortalundead

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Sep 03, 2022, 05:12:54 AMMy own doing actually. I applied water texture paint to the front because I wanted it to have a slightly meaner look. I actually wanna do this as a blood splattered version from the reveal scene with Boggs and Rains. But have not done any further modifications until I pick another one up later, if I ran it under hot water it would come right away, but I kinda like it personally, apologies if anyone found it misleading, I did say I would be doing that earlier in the thread.

Thanks for clarifying, I didn't realize it was modified.

Ill agree with Mike's monsters, I used to collect all the Neca figs since the from Predators onwards, most where hit or miss, but I do have the first version of the elder which has amazing detail and paint application.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Will have more pics soon.

Xiggz456

Xiggz456

Caved and bought the FTE Runner to complete the collection.

Also found the Ash 40th Anniversary figure so I couldn't help but buy that also!

thexenomorph

thexenomorph

Any chance we might ever get figures of the AVP humans? (From the first, of course haha).

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

No chance

Gridseeker

Gridseeker

The human characters from both AvP are so lameless that I don't remember their name xD But for me, Harrigan, Royce and Naru are the ones who deserve to have a figure.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed