Started by aliensetta, May 11, 2007, 07:48:52 PM

Do you like country music?

Yes
No
Author
Country Music? (Read 12,077 times)

SPEC. AGENT KEYES

SPEC. AGENT KEYES

METAL???? what the f**k??? anyways there's only three of their songs that I like, but sorry if people think I like them cause I don't. I also agree that they are absolute shit and yes I really f**kin' hate country!!! ;D

The Demon

The Demon

Quote from: arachnophilia on Sep 19, 2007, 10:37:07 PM
Quote from: The Wolf on Sep 19, 2007, 09:00:28 PM
Defanetly no. There's no aspect at all that I respect about country. I absolutely hate it.

in my experience, people who say that about any broad sweeping genre simply haven't have enough experience with said genre. there's good and bad in anything.

The only music I ever hear is Country, unless I have my way or listen to my Mp3 player. I defanetly have experience and I still hate country.

And about Nickleback being "Alternative" ..Their music is mainly focused on the lyrics. Very poppy lyrics, easy to understand and get stuck in your head.. Which explains why alot of people like them and thats what makes it mainstream. I don't find any good in the instrumentals of Nickleback. Its crap. Like I said before, its lyric focused.

SM

SM

Nickelback - what I've (unfortunately) heard of them - are rock.

Though I will say the song that lead singer Paddle Pop Lion guy did for Spider-man was kinda catchy.

arachnophilia

arachnophilia

Quote from: The Wolf on Sep 20, 2007, 01:36:30 AM
The only music I ever hear is Country, unless I have my way or listen to my Mp3 player. I defanetly have experience and I still hate country

we'd listen to really awful rap radio on the schoolbus every morning on the way to my high school. i grew to really, really hate rap.

right now, i have jay-z's black album on in the background. opinions change.

The Demon

The Demon

Quote from: arachnophilia on Sep 20, 2007, 01:53:33 AM
Quote from: The Wolf on Sep 20, 2007, 01:36:30 AM
The only music I ever hear is Country, unless I have my way or listen to my Mp3 player. I defanetly have experience and I still hate country

we'd listen to really awful rap radio on the schoolbus every morning on the way to my high school. i grew to really, really hate rap.

right now, i have jay-z's black album on in the background. opinions change.

I grew up through both rap and country. Its a weird combination but where I live everyone listens to country like on the bus for example and all the kids listen to rap. I heard alot of grunge when I was real little and thats what I've been listening to for years now. Like Nirvana. (Best band ever) That will never change. I have a strong opinion.. trust it won't change. I know what I'm talking about. Even when I saw this topic I just wanted to rant.

About Nickleback again, you can call them whatever they are labled. Its always poppy. I thought all their songs are like that. Does anyone know of any of thier songs where its got good instrumentals and not just catchy lyrics?

Darth_Spud

Darth_Spud

While I don't necessarily like Country Music (I listen to mostly metal) I will mention Tom Russell's song El Paso. Now for those of you that immediately dismiss songs based on genre (I used too) I would advise you to listen to this song - the lyrics are a masterpiece alone. Every time I here this song it reminds me of my dad singing it with his best mate - to quote my father "its a mans love song"

Out in the West Texas town of El Paso
I fell in love with a Mexican girl
Nighttime would find me in Rosa's Cantina
Music would play and Felina would whirl

Blacker than night where the eyes of Felina
Wicked and evil while casting a spell
My love was strong for this Mexican maiden
I was in love, but in vain I could tell

One night a wild young cowboy came in
Wild as the West Texas wind
Dashing and daring, a drink he was sharing
With wicked Felina, the girl that I loved

So in anger I challenged his right for the love of this maiden
Down went his hand for the gun that he wore
My challenge was answered, in less than a heartbeat
The handsome young stranger lay dead on the floor

Just for a moment I stood there in silence
Shocked by the foul evil deed I had done
Many thoughts ran through my mind as I stood there
I had but one chance and that was to run

Out through the back door of Rose's I ran
Out where the horses were tied
I caught a good one, it looked like it could run
Up on his back and away I did ride

Just as fast as I could from the West Texas town of El Paso
Out thru the badlands of New Mexico

Back in El Paso, my life would be worthless
Everything's gone in life nothing is left
It's been so long since I've seen the young maiden
My love is stronger than my fear of death

I saddled up and away I did go
Riding alone in the dark
Maybe tomorrow a bullet may find me
Tonight nothing's worse than this pain in my heart
And at last here I am on the hill overlooking El Paso
I can see Rose's Cantina below
My love is strong and it pushes me onward
Down off the hill to Felina I go

Off to my right I see five mounted cowboys
Off to my left ride a dozen or more
shouting and shooting, I can't let them catch me
I've got to make it to Rose's back door

Something is dreadfully wrong for, I feel
A deep burning pain in my side

Something is dreadfully wrong, for I feel
A deep burning pain in my side
Although I am trying to stay in the saddle
I'm getting weary, unable to ride
It's getting harder to stay in the saddle
I'm getting weary, unable to ride

But my love for Felina is strong and I rise where I've fallen
Though I am weary, I can't stop to rest
I see the white puff of smoke from the rifle
I feel the bullet go deep in my chest

From out of nowhere, Felina has found me
Kissing my cheek as she kneels by my side
Cradled by two loving arms that I'll die for
One little kiss and Felina goodbye

arachnophilia

arachnophilia

Quote from: The Wolf on Sep 20, 2007, 10:26:53 AM
I grew up through both rap and country. Its a weird combination but where I live everyone listens to country like on the bus for example and all the kids listen to rap. I heard alot of grunge when I was real little and thats what I've been listening to for years now. Like Nirvana. (Best band ever) That will never change. I have a strong opinion.. trust it won't change. I know what I'm talking about. Even when I saw this topic I just wanted to rant.

all i'm saying is that i used to feel the same way. in fact, i still want to strangle my coworker who keeps putting the radio on the country station.

Quote from: The Wolf on Sep 20, 2007, 10:26:53 AMAbout Nickleback again, you can call them whatever they are labled. Its always poppy. I thought all their songs are like that. Does anyone know of any of thier songs where its got good instrumentals and not just catchy lyrics?

"pop" is a spectrum, not a genre. you can be more pop, or less pop. nickelback... i dunno that i'd say they're pop. they just suck.

Master Chief

Master Chief

Quote from: SM on Sep 20, 2007, 01:45:08 AM
Though I will say the song that lead singer Paddle Pop Lion guy did for Spider-man was kinda catchy.

:D Paddle Pop Lion guy...That was a good song.  It was him and the lead singer of Saliva (don't know his name).  It went well with the movie.

Cellien

Cellien

Quote from: Darth_Spud on Sep 20, 2007, 11:27:08 AM
While I don't necessarily like Country Music (I listen to mostly metal) I will mention Tom Russell's song El Paso. Now for those of you that immediately dismiss songs based on genre (I used too) I would advise you to listen to this song - the lyrics are a masterpiece alone. Every time I here this song it reminds me of my dad singing it with his best mate - to quote my father "its a mans love song"

Looked for the song on Youtube, couldn't find it.. just this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYbC6eQAb_0

:)

The Demon

The Demon

Quote from: arachnophilia on Sep 20, 2007, 06:38:13 PM
Quote from: The Wolf on Sep 20, 2007, 10:26:53 AM

all i'm saying is that i used to feel the same way. in fact, i still want to strangle my coworker who keeps putting the radio on the country station.

Quote from: The Wolf on Sep 20, 2007, 10:26:53 AMAbout Nickleback again, you can call them whatever they are labled. Its always poppy. I thought all their songs are like that. Does anyone know of any of thier songs where its got good instrumentals and not just catchy lyrics?

"pop" is a spectrum, not a genre. you can be more pop, or less pop. nickelback... i dunno that i'd say they're pop. they just suck.

Great point but if you put it that way, I'd say they are more pop. Poppy alternative.

arachnophilia

arachnophilia

Quote from: The Wolf on Sep 20, 2007, 07:30:06 PM
Great point but if you put it that way, I'd say they are more pop. Poppy alternative.

i'm under the impression that in order to be "pop," you have to be popular. which means people have to like you.

Darth_Spud

Darth_Spud

Sorry got my sh!t screwed up the song is by Marty Robbins dude  ;D

The Demon

The Demon

Quote from: arachnophilia on Sep 20, 2007, 07:53:13 PM

i'm under the impression that in order to be "pop," you have to be popular. which means people have to like you.

No. Pop I meant catchy. For example their rock star song. People don't listen to it because its "rock". They listen to it because its catchy and they "want to be a rock star"

But anyway, I don't think my opinion will ever change. Theres nothing that will ever get me into country. I have it sorted when it comes to music. I'm into rock/grunge/metal. Grunge being a 90's rock. Very poppy but very metalic.Classic example: Nirvana. My favorite band. I love them because its perfect band for me. I love every aspect of them. Other people might hate them or have negative opinions about them but that just goes to show that inviduals have different prefences for music. Thats why there are genres but many people listen to poppy songs and bands like Nickleback. I say that, again, because they are catchy. I don't see how they have any thing going for them except catchy lryics. I think they are alot like Puddle of Mud. Whatever happened to them anyways.

Night Killer

Night Killer

I mainly like rock and metal but I occasionaly listen to country.  There aren't too many good songs out there but I will torerate.  My friend loves country and he never turns the channel on the radio.

arachnophilia

arachnophilia

Quote from: The Wolf on Sep 20, 2007, 09:43:50 PM
Quote from: arachnophilia on Sep 20, 2007, 07:53:13 PM

No. Pop I meant catchy. For example their rock star song. People don't listen to it because its "rock". They listen to it because its catchy and they "want to be a rock star"

dude, that was a joke. i know what you mean.

Quote from: The Wolf on Sep 20, 2007, 09:43:50 PMBut anyway, I don't think my opinion will ever change. Theres nothing that will ever get me into country. I have it sorted when it comes to music. I'm into rock/grunge/metal. Grunge being a 90's rock. Very poppy but very metalic.Classic example: Nirvana. My favorite band. I love them because its perfect band for me. I love every aspect of them. Other people might hate them or have negative opinions about them but that just goes to show that inviduals have different prefences for music.

ok, well, here's the question then. do you hear the country influence in nirvana's music?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed