Aliens: Unreal Engine 4 - FPS

Started by ChocolateNinja, Jan 10, 2017, 07:54:23 PM

Author
Aliens: Unreal Engine 4 - FPS (Read 8,969 times)

ChocolateNinja

ChocolateNinja

This is my Project Nocturne (it's not final game name). This is upcoming FPS COOP game based on some classic Sci Fi horror movie. For now I can't realy say how game will look at final build because I still have many things to learn.
But my targets are;
- main objective is simple - bughunt
- COOP for 4 players
- 4 marine perks;
* Rifleman - Got Pulse Rifle, Flamethrower and Pistol - he's reloading and moving faster than other perks, can throw glowstick to generate medium ammount of light for infinite time
* Technic - Can weld doors, put auto turrets, got motion tracker(can be used with pistol only) shotgun and pistol, can resupply ammo
* Medic - Healing teammates, got flares that generates large ammount of light for short time, got pulse rifle and pistol
* Trooper - got M56 Smartgun(very high fire rate no need to reload) and pistol, cant sprint, better armor than other perks
- randomly generated locations
- small side missions (turn on generator what give power online for example)
- leveling and customization system (no loot system you are just getting experience after finishing missions and then you can unlock cosmetic only)

windebieste

Nice to see you change over to the different engine.  People do argue over which platform is better - they both have their Pros and Cons. 

I have some level design experience in UE3 & UE4. If you need a hand, I can do some part time work, sign me up.   ;)

-Windebieste.

x-M-x

x-M-x

*dat shine*

Any more pics?

Corporal Hicks

Looking good, Rajen. Eager to see more!

Olde

Olde

Word to the wise. Don't display any of your work, or at least do not label it as anything Aliens related.

New works that are associated with the Alien, Predator, and AvP franchise have a tendency to get cut short extremely quickly. We've seen it happen time and time again. If you want this to be an actual project, I highly discourage any public displays such as this thread.

windebieste

Olde is right.  There's ways of getting around it.  Mind you, it requires work but it can be done.  Lots of work, that is. 

The first step is to change the title.  'Project: Xeno' is perfect.  Ditch everything that says 'ALIENS' and use that instead.   Be proud of that name.  It could very well become the backbone to a whole new Project that people will look forward to.

I'm guessing you're also using content ripped from 'ALIENS: Colonial Marines'?  That will have to go, too.  Then we can get down to the business of making your Shooter game - and not get Foxed -and still achieve your goals.   I know how to do that now.   ;)

PM me, and we can talk. 

-Windebieste.

ChocolateNinja

Im not afraid about getting 'Foxed' because I heard only about closed remake on CryEngine but what about other games/mods? There is many Alien games on old ID Tech engine (doom2) and it can be downloaded to nowdays another example is Aliens Killing Floor or Minecrat mods I saw even for ARK. I have also asked big (in my country) magazine about games. As long it is free I shouldn't have got problems they said.

I will work on this game but progress will be very slow because to do new features I need to learn it first and yes im porting some ready assets because modeling from scratch would take soo many time but other things like scripts/gfx/particles/animation/rigging and other stuff im doing by myself. For now I can't show you more new things.

@windebieste Yeah I will need help but not at this moment I need to make basic gameplay first at all.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: Rajen on Jan 11, 2017, 05:24:31 PM
As long it is free I shouldn't have got problems they said.

Yeah, that's not entirely true. It's not true at all in fact. Any fan made material for the AVP universe, or any copyrighted work, is subject to copyright law. In effect, they can sue your ass at the drop of a hat if they are so inclined. Usually they just C&D or threaten a C&D via email.

Some old Doom mods and mods for games that only a handful of people play? They're not usually going to waste their time. Using assets from officially licensed games (AVP 2010, judging by that Pulse Rifle) and using a cutting edge engine? Oh, depending on your quality of work, that could get you in trouble. Fox doesn't play around.

Either way, good luck to you, but don't delude yourself. The guys who worked on Alien Quake back in 1997 found out the hard way.

Corporal Hicks

They generally only seem to get uppity when they're working on something similar at the time.

ChocolateNinja

Alright so I upload first test of PulseRifle.

Russ840

Russ840

Cool dude. Are you going to re texture the pulse rifle ?

windebieste

Nice pulse rifle test.  Good particle effects and surface flag sounds. 

If he makes the game moddable, you'll end up with all the pulse rifle skins you could ever want.

-Windebieste.

ChocolateNinja

ChocolateNinja

windebieste

Moddable would be good.  People would like that.  'Colonial Marines' would have a strong following today if it was moddable.  We need a moddable ALIENS title.  Go hold a poll:

Do you want a Moddable ALIENS game?  Yes/No.   

I think you'll find the support would be very strong for one.

-Windebieste.

x-M-x

x-M-x

Quote from: windebieste on Jan 15, 2017, 11:20:05 AM
Moddable would be good.  People would like that.  'Colonial Marines' would have a strong following today if it was moddable.  We need a moddable ALIENS title.  Go hold a poll:

Do you want a Moddable ALIENS game?  Yes/No.   

I think you'll find the support would be very strong for one.

-Windebieste.

lol, don't think a poll is needed... make that son of a bitch MODDABLE.

NAOW! DO IT NAOW!!!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed