Dark Horse Announces New Comic Series, Alien: The Original Screenplay!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jan 16, 2020, 08:06:38 PM

Author
Dark Horse Announces New Comic Series, Alien: The Original Screenplay! (Read 94,461 times)

Kurai

Quote from: Russ840 on Sep 03, 2020, 09:05:11 AM
Quote from: bobby brown on Sep 03, 2020, 07:37:00 AM
fun read. But the artis has to be tracing a lot from Prometheus right?

Facehugger design was a bit lacking.

What makes you think that it's traced from prometheus?

Unless I'm mistaken, I don't think they mean literally traced, but a lot of the aesthetics fit far better in the prequel trilogy's world than the main series'. Just look at the EVA suits the crew wear.

I'm kind of liking this at the moment though, the different takes on the designs and such lead me to wonder what other differences exist in this world from what we know...

What are y'all calling all the expies? The new "Facehugger" seems more like a "Headwrapper" to me.  :laugh:

Kane's other son

There appears to be A LOT of tracing involved in the art, including faces. It's a fun read, however.

Kradan

Quote from: Kane's other son on Sep 04, 2020, 11:00:31 AM
There appears to be A LOT of tracing involved in the art, including faces. It's a fun read, however.

Uh-oh

KiramidHead

Kane's other son

Tracing is not necessarily bad, if done from original sources, e.g. from photos you shot yourself. To me it always look worse than pure drawing but it's a method to save time.

426Buddy

I think the word tracing is getting thrown around a little fast and loose since the news about Greg Land stealing from Tristan has come out. I haven't noticed any tracing in the first issue, does anyone have any specific examples?

Kradan

I'm sure if you try hard enough you'll find examples of tracing in any artist's artwork. The problem is that Land seemingly cannot do artwork without tracing

426Buddy

Quote from: Kradan on Sep 05, 2020, 03:59:41 PM
I'm sure if you try hard enough you'll find examples of tracing in any artist's artwork. The problem is that Land seemingly cannot do artwork without tracing

Yeah I agree

But Greg Land has nothing to do with this series and I see no obvious examples of tracing in the art in the first issue. Just not sure why its being brought up as a thing in this thread other than its a hot topic.

Kradan

Well, you've answered it  ;D

Russ840

Quote from: 426Buddy on Sep 05, 2020, 03:34:45 PM
I think the word tracing is getting thrown around a little fast and loose since the news about Greg Land stealing from Tristan has come out. I haven't noticed any tracing in the first issue, does anyone have any specific examples?

That's why I questioned it. All seems good to me.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

That colour work is some of my favourite. I just love some of those silhouette shots when they're approaching the pyramid. Definitely more prequel influence. Looks like they use the Engineer alphabet in the pyramid and the auto-doc looks like the table when they're checking out the Engineer skull in Prometheus.

Prez

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 07, 2020, 02:13:09 PM
That colour work is some of my favourite. I just love some of those silhouette shots when they're approaching the pyramid. Definitely more prequel influence. Looks like they use the Engineer alphabet in the pyramid and the auto-dock looks like the table when they're checking out the Engineer skull in Prometheus.

Spoiler
Seems these guys have the same Prometheus crew mindset of no idea about quarantine or hazchem clothing/procedures when bringing foreign lifeforms onboard. Those first couple of panels made me chuckle a little ... just grabbing the head with her hands  ;D
[close]

Kradan

Spoiler
Well, Ridley certainly used some of O'Bannon's scrapped ideas for Prometheus
[close]

Prez

Quote from: Kradan on Sep 08, 2020, 05:55:14 AM
Spoiler
Well, Ridley certainly used some of O'Bannon's scrapped ideas for Prometheus
[close]

;D

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Prez on Sep 08, 2020, 02:56:30 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 07, 2020, 02:13:09 PM
That colour work is some of my favourite. I just love some of those silhouette shots when they're approaching the pyramid. Definitely more prequel influence. Looks like they use the Engineer alphabet in the pyramid and the auto-dock looks like the table when they're checking out the Engineer skull in Prometheus.

Spoiler
Seems these guys have the same Prometheus crew mindset of no idea about quarantine or hazchem clothing/procedures when bringing foreign lifeforms onboard. Those first couple of panels made me chuckle a little ... just grabbing the head with her hands  ;D
[close]

Honestly, I don't even think I'll be able to question that kind of snap decision making in light of this year...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed