First Prometheus Bluray Details

Started by ikarop, Jul 04, 2012, 05:13:59 AM

Author
First Prometheus Bluray Details (Read 75,753 times)

psychonaut25

psychonaut25

That sounds quite nice,but what I really want to see on BluRay are extra scenes that doesn't made it in the movie.

Keyes

Keyes

Added a big update... including the list of ALTERNATE & DELETED scenes!

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=45062.0

zuzuki

zuzuki

Why the hell aren't they including all the deleted stuff in the movie? Why keep it separate? Is Ridley headstrong or arrogant and won't admit that the theatrical cut is flawed?

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: zuzuki on Aug 16, 2012, 12:31:33 AM
Why the hell aren't they including all the deleted stuff in the movie? Why keep it separate? Is Ridley headstrong or arrogant and won't admit that the theatrical cut is flawed?
Yes.

That or dementia.

Also, the inevitable double-dip a few years from now. Gotta keep milking that fan teet.

Face Jockey

Face Jockey

35 minutes more of Prometheus!!!!!

SM

SM

Quote from: zuzuki on Aug 16, 2012, 12:31:33 AM

RARRRR!!!  YOU SUCK, SUCCESSFUL PERSON!!!

SiL

SiL

HOW DARE HE BE HAPPY WITH HIS LABOURS! AAARGH!

Mr. Clemens

Mr. Clemens

I really don't think this is a double-dip situation. Of all four prior films, the only one that might be called a double-dip is Alien - because we'd already seen the deleted scenes on their own before the Director's Cut came out... and even then, they threw in some alternate takes and additional shots that we hadn't seen before. So, that's brand-new material.

Scott has the clout to call his own cut. And you can bet he watched Prometheus with everything in and said, "err... some of this has to go". I'm gonna trust his judgement (though for the record, I liked the film).

SM

SM

They were all double-dip.  They released The Alien Legacy 5 disk box set, then four years later released the 9 disk Quad box.

I forgave them 'cos the Quad box was so exhaustively awesome.

Mr. Clemens

Mr. Clemens

But the quad, in terms of the films alone, gave us things we didn't already have - Alien DC's (previously unseen) alternate takes of the deleted scenes cut into the film, the Alien3 assembly cut, the special edition of AR... that's new material. And when you're getting a new cut of the film, with footage you've never seen before, I wouldn't call that a double-dip.

So Fox can give us Prometheus's deleted scenes now, and that's cool. But if they simply re-integrate the deleted scenes we've already bought into the film for a later release, that's a double-dip... because we've seen everything. You can bet that a week after this blu-ray is released there will be a fan edit on the internet. Fox isn't going to try to sell us their version of that fan edit. But they might incorporate scenes we've never seen before, so that people might buy it. And that's not a double-dip, in my view... that's new material.

PsyKore

PsyKore

Someone will probably reinsert the deleted material into the film themselves and release a torrent of it. Would make more sense if Fox just released a proper extended version.

SM

SM

QuoteI wouldn't call that a double-dip.

I'd call 2 major box set releases in 4 years double dipping.  It's just fortunate that the second release had shit tonne of extras.

QuoteBut if they simply re-integrate the deleted scenes we've already bought into the film for a later release, that's a double-dip... because we've seen everything.

I'd agree.  But I don't believe that'd ever happen.

echobbase79

echobbase79

How long did it take for Fox to release the AvP Extended Cut? Was it a couple of years? Anyway, I'm sure a extended cut will show up within the next few years or so.

SM

SM

Apparently Fox was going to do a special edition of Alien with all the deleted stuff plonked back in and Riddles said he preferred to tweak it himself, actually making the film shorter in the process.  If such a thing were to happen to Prometheus I would assume he'd do the same thing.  It wouldn't be a "let's shove everything back in" job.

echobbase79

echobbase79

He might not even use all the deleted. I doubt he would use the extended fight since it makes the Engineer look foolish as he stated.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed