Ridley Scott on AvP

Started by Darkness, Jul 31, 2007, 08:19:25 PM

Author
Ridley Scott on AvP (Read 19,797 times)

D2

D2

You know the truth is that both Ridley Scott and James Cameron have great relationship with FOX.  James Cameron is working on Avatar for fox.  Ridley Scott will work for them sometime in future.

Krycek

Krycek

Honestly, who cares? I would rather have two young directors who want to make a good movie for the fans over having an old grumpy director who's upset that he hasn't made a decent movie since 2001.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Romantic Alien: Cameron stated in a private interview that he liked the end product. That doesn't mean it's a fan, but it does mean that what he thought it would be like was a great deal worse and he didn't think it was bad, at all.  thewolf: They never "turned down" that project, because it was never pitched ot them. The trio of Scott, Weaver and Cameron kept saying they had all of these meetings and Cameron later said that he had started on the script, but that was all. We don't know how much of the script was done and none of them ever apparently bothered to go to Fox with it.  Anderson, reagrdless of what you personally thoguht of the film, at least got off his arse and went to the right people, because he was passionate about his idea and wanted to try it. The others either didn't or only did so very hesitantly.

Don Dorris

Don Dorris

I was under the impression that Cameron HAD discussed the project with Fox on some level as he's said that they phoned him to tell him that they had this great AvP script.

Darkness

Darkness

Yes, I think Fox had discussed it with Cameron. Fox were the ones who told Cameron to stop working on his script when they decided to go and do Anderson's AvP.

ArielAleXCo

ArielAleXCo

ok... but is there a video on james cameron been asked the same question???... or why does the guy says something like "we already got james cameron's opinion"????

gd

gd

"Honestly, who cares? I would rather have two young directors who want to make a good movie for the fans over having an old grumpy director who's upset that he hasn't made a decent movie since 2001."  this has to be the dumbest thing i read online this month. and i'm on imdb a lot.

Cellien

Cellien

@ArielAlexCO:  The 2 directors' opinions..  James Cameron: "I actually thought it was pretty good."  Ridley Scoot: "I think they know how I feel."

Cellien

Cellien

@Optimus Prime:  You're a frikkin' retard.

Psykorgasm

Psykorgasm

Haha! Go on Ridley you badass! =]

DB

DB

:D  

pretrixalated

pretrixalated

need he say more?   ;D  

YutaniDitch

YutaniDitch

Come on, guys, so Optimus made a mistake... like you've never made one...!   ::)    Ridley thinks, as Sigourney 'used' to think, that a crossover movie like AVP 'empties' the two monsters by putting together quickly a story with both of them at eachother and not much else... Ok, the FX were good, but they lost their appeal... Aliens are supposed to be in space, not here, and the Predators are better off hunting and taunting humans (like in the Deleted Scene in Predator, when he taunts Dutch) in rainforests and subways (this last one    ::)  )  So I think Ridley is right about this AVP franchise, because he is seeing it from a creative point of view, as the first director of the first movie, and we are seeing it in terms of entertainment...  Therefore, for him, the way it looks, the designs of the weapons or the mask are secondary... he is worried about how the creatures get portrayed in them...  And so should we...   ;)  

Mr. Weyland

Mr. Weyland

hopefully AVP2 will change there minds about AVP in general    :-\  

PHANTOM

PHANTOM

Hehe that was cool, Ridley plays it off with class like always.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed