What made you a fan?

Started by Vader the White, Mar 10, 2007, 10:37:25 PM

Author
What made you a fan? (Read 159,189 times)

Gilfryd

Gilfryd

I grew up watching Predator with my dad. From there I spread out and watched the other movies, around the time the first AVP came out. I like these movies but I'm not the most hardcore fan I must admit.

Tyrannosaur

Tyrannosaur

Parents. Dad in particular.

Xenomorph x

Xenomorph x

the films the books the games the collectibles! i even got a alien head costume with a pop out inner jaw

predxeno

predxeno

Quote from: Xenomorph x on Feb 03, 2011, 11:43:55 PM
the films the books the games the collectibles! i even got a alien head costume with a pop out inner jaw

Awesome!! ;D

L33T Link

L33T Link

i first saw alien wen purebreed alien pestered me to watch it, enjoyed them ever since.

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

Pestering people is the best way to get things done. :P

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Unless you're an Egyptian...

YoungbloodPred

YoungbloodPred

I was 6 years old when I saw the Alien vs Predator poster on the front door of the movie rental place. I thought predator was a robot :D I studied them ever since and am still learning new things.

Covenant81

Covenant81

Like most of the same here, my first contact with the alien was at the age of six or seven watching the first one after 11 pm under the living rooms table. Strange thing about this was the movie cured me from having problems falling asleep as a child. After this neither horror movies and games have become my fafourite ones, the alien really has become a part of my whole life.

predxeno

predxeno

Interesting how many of the AVP fans here got interested in the franchise by coming into contact with it during our childhood.l

AliceApocalypse

AliceApocalypse

Now I don't feel like such a bad mom for letting an 8 year old watch P1, P2 and AVP  :-[

predxeno

predxeno

The AVP movies were like kiddie movies and the Predator movies were more action-like than horror.  At least you didn't show them Alien yet, that could be really traumatizing for kids.  Though if they did see it, you could probably use EU to help calm their fears by giving them hair spray and say that it wards off Aliens for a little while like in Aliens Labyrinth.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: predxeno on Feb 28, 2011, 04:28:53 PM
Though if they did see it, you could probably use EU to help calm their fears by giving them hair spray and say that it wards off Aliens for a little while like in Aliens Labyrinth.

predxeno

predxeno

Hey, we're talking about calming a hypothetical kid's fears.  Don't diss the methods used to try to help them just cause you don't consider them "canon". ;)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Who said anything about canon? ;)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed