DH Announces Aliens: Dead Orbit (April 2017)

Started by Ultramorph, Oct 05, 2016, 07:51:53 PM

Author
DH Announces Aliens: Dead Orbit (April 2017) (Read 83,863 times)

Ultramorph

There's the Titan Books panel later today, so we may still get some novels announced. If not, there's usually announcements around October a bit later.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Yeah hopefully titan has something to announce.

Still was hoping DH would announce something Aliens with Tristan attached. Oh well maybe october then.

Ultramorph

Hoping a summary or video of the panel turns up.

Russ840

Issue 4 has been pushed to 30th august.

Corporal Hicks

Do you have a link, Russ?

Russ840

Corporal Hicks

Lol. Thanks, Russ.

Kurai

A very atmospheric issue 3. I'm still amazed at how Stokoe can tell so much with hardly any dialogue, I guess that might be a huge benefit of being both the author and the artist.

Ultramorph

That's ok, the quality has been so high I don't mind some delays.

Russ840

Another slip. New release date for issue 4 is 6 September.

http://www.darkhorse.com/Comics/30-289/Aliens-Dead-Orbit-4

I have faith thag issue 4 will be great, as were the other 3 issues, so it will be worth the wait.

Corporal Hicks

That's a shame but I can understand why he might need more time. After all, doing pretty much everything on the series can't be easy.

Russ840

Yeah. He does pretty much all of it. He has said in interviews that he is really anal about detail and story so i van also imagine that he has had to redo bits. He did thats a bit on His Godzilla series.

At the end pf the day. I trust in Stokoe to deliver and if a delay is needed then im happy

Prez

Stokoe's artwork is so beautifully ugly. It's not always anatomically correct or precise but it has such a unique style to it (whilst evoking Moebius) that it just fits the macabre Giger/Alien imagery so well.

Russ840

Not sure i would describe it quite the same way as you have Prez but i do agree with te moebius vibe.

What i love about Stokoe's work is that eveything on the page helps to serve the story telling. I know that's what is always the intent with comics but i think that is sometimes not the case. It helps because he does everything so we get an unfiltered vision from him.  A lot of time when i read comics i see great pictures and read sometimes good stories but they dont always meld very well. His work just flows as one natural piece. Even the Onomatopoeia that Stokoe puts into the panels helps set the scene and does not look out of place like a word just stamped on the page. Those words are part of the art.

I really am so happy that we have this series from him. Even though it is essential a run of the mill yarn that we have seen many times before it is just excecuted so well that i dont care.

Russ840

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed