Stasis Interrupted DLC Walkthroughs & Discussion [Spoilers]

Started by ikarop, Jul 23, 2013, 05:26:20 PM

Author
Stasis Interrupted DLC Walkthroughs & Discussion [Spoilers] (Read 82,477 times)

windebieste

oh, I get it.  20,000,000 tons of ore = highly volatile fuel dump.  Hang on,  was the nature of the Nostromo's payload EVER specified?  It could be inert and not explosive materials being transported.  Which would mean, the end destruction of the ship is solely the result of the detonation sequence. 

Anyway,  not a problem.  Bad game is Bad.   

However, here is something I really don't understand... when Lisbeth finds her parents, she finds her mother face hugged and her  father slumped over her, shot.  Think about this scene for a moment and can someone PLEASE explain how this even happens...  I can't make any sense out of it.  Why weren't they both shot by troops?  Even if she wasn't face hugged..?  why?  WHY??? GBX WHY?????

-Windebieste.

Vakarian

Lisbeth said that the soldiers had shot both of them, even though her mother was facehugged, maybe her father was trying to protect her body and ended up getting blown away, and some of the bullets hit her mother.

windebieste

so... why would the facehugger stick around, then?  Wouldn't it abandon the corpse to find a live host... it's not a zombie, after all.  It still defies explanation. 

Oh, I never this noticed before.  The press button lift operation keypad have BSG75 stenciled on them.  Has that Easter egg been noticed before?

-Windebieste

Vakarian

Vakarian

I dont think a hugger can change its host once its dumped its load down their necks, they usually die shortly after. And the huggers had been on the ship for a while presumably, seeing as the first guy you meet bursts right in front of you

SM

Babe the ox had a chestburster pop out sometime after she'd died, so maybe Lisbeth's mother was still a viable host.

windebieste

ya, that's true... but I don't think that the face hugger was attached to the ox at that point.

Also, that particular hugger has all kinds of special caveats associated with it.   It's larger... it can perform multiple impregnations... and so on and so forth...

I don't recall Lisbeth making a rational examination of her parents bodies - she was highly emotional during that dialogue - and very charged to make any outburst.   I don't remember seeing any gunshot wounds on her mother.  I must go back and check out that scene again, I think. 

Coz really, the logic of it still defies me... 

-Windebeiste.

Vrastal

I replayed the opening campaign and she has three or 4 bullet wounds on her chest. the mother.

windebieste

OK.  Thanks.  I'll happily concede on that one.

-Windebieste.

Promethean Fire

Quote from: swarm87 on Jul 25, 2013, 09:40:40 PM
Quote from: Promethean Fire on Jul 24, 2013, 12:55:18 PM
Quote from: Xenoscream on Jul 24, 2013, 09:28:57 AM
Can someone give a brief summary of what happens in each chapter? There is little to no chance of me picking this up (no time, other games and not much incentive) but I'm curious about the story, from what I can see it starts before the pain plot and picks up after it finishes, or do the A3 events occur before the main campaign?

Its not brief, but here is a rundown of the story.

Spoiler
Chapter 1 - Asylum.  Hicks and a man called Stone are being interrogated by Weyland aboard the FTL ship.  Weyland demands the "message" from Stone.  Stone refuses and is executed.  Hicks is injected by a scientist named Levy with a truth serum to try and make him talk.  It doesn't.  Weyland grills Hicks, highlighting events that have led to this point.  We flashback to the Legato research ship, dispatched after Burke confirmed XT presence on LV-426.  The Legato has obtained specimens from the derelict alien vessel, codenamed "Origin" and is experimenting on a cargo of hijacked cryosleepers (ala Alien Resurrection).  The outbound ship receives orders to return to LV-426 in order to intercept the USS Sulaco which is leaving orbit.  Xeno specimens escape and begin wreaking havoc aboard the Legato.  We join Lisbeth, a female colonist, part of the hijacked cargo, who awakens to the madness around her.  Lisbeth must stealthily search the ship as she looks desperately for her mother and father.  En route she bumps into two fellow colonists, Stone and Turk.  Stone informs Lisbeth that the Legato has docked via umbilical to another ship (Sulaco) and that he plans to cross the umbilical and send out a request for help.  He asks Lisbeth to join him.  Lisbeth insists on finding her family.  Stone and Turk leave Lisbeth as they head for the Sulaco.  After several dangerous encounters, Lisbeth eventually finds her mother who has been facehugged and her father who has been pumped full of bullet holes.  Lisbeth now seeks revenge againt the Alien and W-Y.  Stone pleads for Lisbeth to join him onboard the Sulaco.  Instead, Lisbeth heads to the engineering deck of the Legato, battling PMC's and Aliens on the way.  Lisbeth feels pain in her chest.  She realises she is host to the monsters.  She turns off the ships's cooling unit and sets the ship to self destruct taking the PMC's and the Aliens with her.

Chapter 2 - Awakening.  Stone and Turk have arrived in the Hypersleep chamber of the Sulaco.  They are pursued by W-Y PMC's and Aliens from the Legato and therefore quickly revive the only military officer they find, Corporal Hicks. Hicks is stunned to see Ripley with a facehugger wrapped to her head but before he can realise what is happening, the PMC's burst into the vault.  There is a brief exchange of gunfire which results in acid blood being spilt from the Facehugger triggering the Sulaco emergency systems.  Stone and Hicks take cover from the mercs.  Turk is grabbed and tossed aside into Hicks empty cryo chamber just as the EEV release system is activated.  Newt, Ripley, the remains of Bishop and Turk are launched into space.  Hicks and Stone escape the mercs to the security checkpoint above them and gear up for battle.  We learn that Stone is ex-military hence his handiness with a weapon.  Their plan is to send a distress signal but the Sulaco only possesses a short range transmitter.  However, the Sulaco is on course with Fury 161 which has a long range communications array.  They head for a service skiff which they will be able to escape the ship in.  En route, Stone is contacted by Lisbeth (at this point in the story she has just discovered her dead parents) She tells Stone that she plans to detonate the Legato.  Hicks and Stone must make a mad dash to the weapons deck of the Sulaco, once there Stone uses one of the Sulaco's orbital cannons to destroy the umbilical, seperating the two ships.  Hicks and Stone watch as the Legato is destroyed.  Hicks and Stone finally escape in the service skiff, they land on the surface of Fury 161, where Hicks tells them it will be a two day hike to the nearest facility.  As Hicks and Stone finally reach the penal colony they witness the ending of Alien 3 as Ripley sacrifices herself.  Hicks and Stone are then captured and taken to the W-Y FTL ship for interrogation.  The ship and the Sulaco are returned to LV-426.

Chapter 3 - Deliverance.  We are back where we started.  Stone has just been executed as Weyland grills Hicks.  The scientist, Levy listens with concern as Weyland constantly seems unconcerned with the human cost as opposed to the importance of the Alien.  Levy reaches for a pulse rifle and draws on Weyland.  Levy tells Weyland that he can no longer be a part of this madness.  He takes Hicks and they fight their way out of the FTL ship which we realise is dry docked on LV-426 next to the "Origin" site.  They need to send the message which will expose W-Y's involvement in the murder of the colonists.  They touch down on the surface and fight their way through several lab modules which are being established around the "Origin" site perimeter.  Levy and Hicks briefly seperate as Levy attempts to purge posion gas from the modules so that they can safely pass.  Coming under heavy fire from APC's, Hicks and Levy realise that the only way they can reach the communications array is to travel through the treacherous underground cave system of LV-426. 

Chapter 4 - Redemption.  Hicks and Levy make their way through the dark network of caves.  They eventually realise that they are in a hive.  The Aliens who survived the blast of the Atmosphere Processor, have nested within these tunnels, and a new Queen awaits.  Hicks and Levy disturb the Queen, who gives chase through the claustrophobic interiors of the caverns.  They lose the Queen in smaller spaces but are soon pursued by a Crusher Alien, after an intense battle, the Crusher is felled and Hicks and Levy escape the caves.  They fight their way through the main compound as chaos erupts around them, the underground Aliens are attacking the W-Y mercs.  Through the carnage, Hicks and Levy eventually make it to the communications array.  Hicks must activate the dish, whilst Levy, using sentry guns must hold off the pressing xeno attack to buy Hicks time.  They succeed.  They must then ascend to the top of the facility to send the message.  They are under constant onslaught as they try to align the dish.  They soon begin to transmit the message.  Weyland comes over the PA system and attempts to appeal to Levy.  Levy is not interested.  As the signal is 90% complete, a barrage of rockets are fired by W-Y, taking out the dish.  A squad of APC's roll up to the facility, destroying the last of the xenos.  Hicks and Levy are defeated.  They have no choice but to surrender.  Hicks asks Levy if any of the message got out.  Some of it, he replies.

We cut to Hicks's After Action report.  Or what part of it was transmitted at least.  Cut to black and a barracks door is flung open as a Marine officer shouts at the grunts that a distress signal has just been received, sent out from LV-426.  A groggy soldier awakens from his bunk and we see that it is Corporal Winter.

The End.       
[close]

nice write up but the part about hicks and stone having to walk for two days is wrong(a lot of people seem to be hearing it that way for some reason), hicks says it will take the skiff 2 days to get to fury 161, as the cut scene shows the skiff landing just outside the prison. how the 2 days it took to get there coincides with the week it took weyland to get there makes no g*damn scene unless they spend days running around the ship trying to get to the skiff.

Yeah, I wrote this up at 2am after just finishing the game, so my recollections may be groggy  ;)

alucard624

Quote from: Jarac on Jul 25, 2013, 07:48:44 PM
Quote from: Xenomorphine on Jul 25, 2013, 07:37:03 PM
Quote from: Vakarian on Jul 25, 2013, 03:06:12 PM
Was a little surprised we never got to play as Hicks at any point and instead were stuck looking at his derp face in elevators, which was probably the scariest thing in the game.

I noticed this, too... The corpse-like absence of any emotion and accidental way of how light flickers intermittently over his face during elevator rides was a bit unsettling.

Someone needs to dub this footage over with his lines from 'Blood Dragon' to make the best parody game advert, ever.

His voice acting was more passionate in Blood Dragon than anything in Colonial Marines! But with a script like that, I can't blame him.

Michael Biehn's entire voice acting performance in A:CM sounds more phoned in than Bill Murrays did in the Ghostbusters game.  At least Lance Henricksen puts a little more effort into his voice acting. 

I even asked Michael Biehn at Comic Palooza before A:CM came out if he was going to be involved in the game and he said no so it sounds like he was contacted towards the end of development to be involved.

RagingDragon

Thanks for clearing up the thing with the skiff.

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Vakarian on Jul 26, 2013, 03:05:53 AM
I dont think a hugger can change its host once its dumped its load down their necks, they usually die shortly after. And the huggers had been on the ship for a while presumably, seeing as the first guy you meet bursts right in front of you

The ones in 'Aliens' were removed "before embryo implantation," so, yeah, it's certainly possible.

Judging by how Lisbeth wakes up (and O'Neal's girlfriend during campaign), however, these ones seem to die while clamped on hosts' faces. Strange behaviour.

SM

But ultimately par for the course in this forgery of a game.

urvile

Quote from: SM on Jul 26, 2013, 11:18:21 PM
But ultimately par for the course in this forgery of a game.

Just finished the DLC and yeah... what you said. Shit, I thought we'd at least get to explore Fury 161 a bit. You spend half the damn game trying to get there, and all to see one of the worst fall-on-your-knees-screaming-no's of all time

Vakarian

Vakarian

Michael Biehn allready said he wouldn't work with GBX again. Said he would only do voice acting for studios like Ubisoft (When he did FC3 Blood Dragon) because they are actually passionate and care about their work. Saying that he was constantly stopped in the streets for autographs and people asking him about the game, where as in CM, nobody seemed to give a shit.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed