Upgrade vs. Fugitive - wasted opportunity

Started by happypred, Sep 17, 2018, 02:09:47 AM

Author
Upgrade vs. Fugitive - wasted opportunity (Read 8,538 times)

Corporal Hicks

*whispers* All Predators are cheaters.  :o

echobbase79

I couldn't believe how fast the fight was over. They practically showed everything in that clip before the movie was released. I guess I understand from a story point how the Upgrade was supposed to be stronger, but it was over before it even began.

AvP has the best fight scene between two creatures as far as these movies are concerned. It was long, had some suspense, and had a surprise ending to it. At least I was surprised by it when I first saw it.

happypred

Quote from: Nathsp on Sep 25, 2018, 09:11:11 AMof course big chap looked diferent, he was facing space truckers with no armours, experience or tactics and a cat, aliens faced a group of experienced and well trained marines with explosive bullets

Yup...ppl complain that Cameron devalued the aliens, but he simply threw them against harder opposition...and the aliens still "won"

Nathsp

Quote from: happypred on Sep 27, 2018, 03:01:11 AM
Quote from: Nathsp on Sep 25, 2018, 09:11:11 AMof course big chap looked diferent, he was facing space truckers with no armours, experience or tactics and a cat, aliens faced a group of experienced and well trained marines with explosive bullets

Yup...ppl complain that Cameron devalued the aliens, but he simply threw them against harder opposition...and the aliens still "won"

Im totally agree, they had tons of weapons, and tje feeling all the movie is thay they got their ass kicked by creatures with claws, tails and tongues

skull-splitter

It was implied that it was a numbers game. 200+ families, let's say at least 500 aliens. Against ten with limited ammo.

There you go.

The Cruentus

Quote from: skull-splitter on Sep 27, 2018, 07:43:57 AM

It was implied that it was a numbers game. 200+ families, let's say at least 500 aliens. Against ten with limited ammo.

There you go.

There was only 158 colonists and not all of them were iimpregnated, some were likely just killed.

SyntaX

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 17, 2018, 08:12:15 AM
I really think there's huge potential in Predator vs Predator but they keep executing it poorly. There's too much emphasise in trying to make the new guy come across as a bad ass. I think Black and co did a better job of making his Upgrade come across better than they did in Predators but damn, give us a longer go of the conflict.

Like I've PM'ed you before. Fugitive and his co-Predators we're ment to do alot more... still trying to get more information from my friend. But he's been silent for the past week  :-[

Unfortunatly, the studio felt that 3 "normal" Predators vs 1 Super Predator wasn't good to sell the "Assassin" to the crowd. So, they cut 'em.

Nathsp

Hadleys hope, population 158... Aliens are not gremlins, so 157 aliens at maximum.. From 157 to 500 theres a lot of aliens..

happypred

Aliens really pulled off action-horror. Not sure if any other film has done it as well. I actually think the first Predator film comes admirably close (it's still leans more toward action IMO)

skull-splitter

Quote from: Nathsp on Sep 27, 2018, 02:48:46 PM
Hadleys hope, population 158... Aliens are not gremlins, so 157 aliens at maximum.. From 157 to 500 theres a lot of aliens..
It's been a loooooong time since I watched it to be honest, just thought it was a lot of families.

Even 120 aliens or just 70 would massively outnumber the marines.

happypred

I'd guess 100 to 150 xenomorphs

skull-splitter

Besides the point, they just wore the marines down in waves.

Huntsman

Quote from: happypred on Sep 28, 2018, 05:01:00 AM
Aliens really pulled off action-horror. Not sure if any other film has done it as well. I actually think the first Predator film comes admirably close (it's still leans more toward action IMO)
The first Predator film is a stone cold classic, and one of the best action films ever made. Frankly, it's the only film the franchise requires/required. The Aliens vibe is creepier. It has a lot to do with the setting. I love the jungle and it's quintessential Predator. But a dimly lit spaceship is quintessential Alien, and gives me more shivers.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed