Neill Blomkamp Shares Pulse Rifle Prop

Started by Ultramorph, Oct 15, 2015, 06:52:37 PM

Author
Neill Blomkamp Shares Pulse Rifle Prop (Read 36,443 times)

Alien³

Alien³

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 16, 2015, 08:41:34 AM
That trait was intended as far back as Alien though. I don't think it wouldn't change anything really. Next time they wanted it to happen, they'd make it happen.

Intended since Alien, yes. Not on screen until 3.

But if they didn't reintroduce it...

I'm not saying this is a bad thing, because it has potential to show another path but the alien is something that could also gain accessories like the pulse rifle.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

For those curious, the optics is a Sight Mark which are in fact not holographic but reflex sights.

Vermillion

But would Hudson approve?

He didn't need a red dot or any sights.

Ultimate weapon for the ultimate badass

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 15, 2015, 10:44:01 PM

This is an M14.

This is an M14 Socom.

This is an M14 EBR.

They're all variants of the same platform. And I could do the same with near enough any rifle. There is absolutely nothing wrong with there being variants of the original Pulse Rifle.

And to add to that, Alien 5 will very likely take place 30 years or more after Aliens. The traditional pulse rifle will be starting to get a little bit dated by then. So it would make sense to retrofit or upgrade it to keep up with the times.

The M14 was introduced in 1964 and modified versions are still in service today. Not everyone will like the new Pulse Rifle design but at least the reason for retrofitting it is realistic.

marrerom

marrerom

Quote from: TS on Oct 15, 2015, 07:32:38 PM
Usually it's a bad sign when a director starts talking about weapons for an Alien movie...just saying.look at the Andersons and Strausse Bros...

Yes, exactly.  Any director can make a replica and put it in his movie.  Its blows my mind how hyped people are for this film considering we know NOTHING about it.  Blomkamp just throws around phrases like "genetic sibling to aliens" and shows pictures of hicks and people lose their minds.  Does no one remember the Strause Brothers doing the same thing? (i.e. "back to the roots")

Aliens was not a good movie simply because Hicks was in it.  Likewise putting Hicks in Alien 5 wont magically make it a good movie.  It could absolutely suck. I'm very worried that if Blomkamp does retcon Alien 3&4 we'll be getting a film that's of the quality of Chappie or Elysium in their place.  God that would suck.

reecebomb

Hope im wrong, but the chances that this will be a better film than Alien 3 are very slim. How i wish the Blade Runner sequel team would also do Alien V, i mean Sicario was incredible. Denis Villeneuve would nail that alien atmosphere and tense but not overblown action.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: marrerom on Oct 16, 2015, 12:33:09 PMAny director can make a replica and put it in his movie.  Its blows my mind how hyped people are for this film considering we know NOTHING about it.  Blomkamp just throws around phrases like "genetic sibling to aliens" and shows pictures of hicks and people lose their minds.  Does no one remember the Strause Brothers doing the same thing? (i.e. "back to the roots")

Aliens was not a good movie simply because Hicks was in it.  Likewise putting Hicks in Alien 5 wont magically make it a good movie.  It could absolutely suck. I'm very worried that if Blomkamp does retcon Alien 3&4 we'll be getting a film that's of the quality of Chappie or Elysium in their place.  God that would suck.

Yeah, this. Solid points.

firkax

firkax

sight facing wrong side, FIAL :)

Corporal Hicks

Sight Marks face that way. IIRC reflex sights face that direction whilst holographics are the other way around.

Canon_Barbarian

Looks like shit. Next step will be ADI aliens design or WETA designs with ADI influence.

firkax

firkax

still this look like shit, no doubt

hfeldhaus

What's with the rail system? This is what happens when you have a fan in control of the film.

Canon_Barbarian

This is what happens when you have Randy Pitchford in control of the game.

Darkness

I don't get how he's got a hold of this prop, assuming it's from the movie, when production hasn't even started on it yet.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Darkness on Oct 16, 2015, 01:43:28 PMI don't get how he's got a hold of this prop, assuming it's from the movie, when production hasn't even started on it yet.

Pre-vis? We know Blomkamp loves his weapons, he could've had one mocked up.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed