"Alice Braga Thinks 'Predators' Will Be PG-13 -- But She Doesn't Know HOW!"

Started by Keyes, Mar 12, 2010, 08:54:06 PM

Author
"Alice Braga Thinks 'Predators' Will Be PG-13 -- But She Doesn't Know HOW!" (Read 2,494 times)

Keyes

QuoteTo go along with yesterday's report, yet another Predators  star spoke out about the prequel arriving in theaters July 9. In short, Repo Men star Alice Braga thinks that the Nimrod Antel directed film will be PG-13, although she doesn't know how. "I don't know that, I think they might try to do PG-13, but I'm not sure," Braga tells participants in this past weekend's press conference. "I'm not sure, I hope not actually. You know what, I think they [might] not [be able to do it PG-13] because there are some dark scenes in it, like the other films. So I think it's going to be R. But going back to [a previous] question about editing, we never know what's going to happen. But it looks really dark and really nice. I think, I had fun.

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/19421

ace3g

she just doesn't know, its hilarious how crazy it is over at IMDB because of this one quote, lol.

OmegaZilla

I won't care if it's PG-13 or R or whatever. If it's a good movie, I'll enjoy it for what it is. And may I add, younger Predator fans won't have problems into going to the cinemas.

Nole

Sounds more like she doesn't know anything about the movie or even if she is in it.  I'd still do her though.

Pred fan 83

If it was pg 13 then this movie will suck....

AncientPred

PG-13 or R, at the end of the day just deliver a good movie. If it helps at all, TheDarkKnight got a PG-13 even with some pretty dark material.

Pred fan 83

true but predators being pg 13 would really bring down the movie alot.. like how avp the preds would stab someone and there blades would not have any blood on them.... which makes the movie look just fake when you know for a fact something like that someone would bleed alot.. to me it makes the film stupid

pmaz11

Quote from: Pred fan 83 on Mar 12, 2010, 11:06:08 PM
true but predators being pg 13 would really bring down the movie alot.. like how avp the preds would stab someone and there blades would not have any blood on them.... which makes the movie look just fake when you know for a fact something like that someone would bleed alot.. to me it makes the film stupid

Yeah, same reason a lot of other PG-13 films suck too. Anyways, it's already been confirmed that it has an R-rating so I'm not worried about there being any lack of gore and blood.

Ratchetcomand

Quote from: AncientPred on Mar 12, 2010, 10:59:41 PM
PG-13 or R, at the end of the day just deliver a good movie. If it helps at all, TheDarkKnight got a PG-13 even with some pretty dark material.

The thing is for that is that a R rating helps the movie since Predators are known for killing people in a bloody way. Batman rarely kills, and Batman is a bigger series to make money off of.

x-M-x

if it is PG-13 then everyone will know on this forum every member knows its gonna SUCK and FAIL  :o

don't kid your self guys. it probs be a (15 Rating) in UK? still terrible wish it was 18.

Sylizar

If the violence in the script didn't change, then yeah, this'll be rated R.

War Wager

Fox would make a lot more money if it were PG-13, but they learned their lesson with AvP.

We don't need to worry about the rating.

XenoVC

Um...it's been reported that the film is shooting for a R rating and will likely get it.

No idea where she would have got that " maybe PG-13" thing from?  :P

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Mar 13, 2010, 12:43:14 AM
Quote from: AncientPred on Mar 12, 2010, 10:59:41 PM
Batman rarely kills, and Batman is a bigger series to make money off of.

Batman hasn't purposlely killed in over 30 years. Ok?  ???

echobbase79

It wouldn't surprise me at ALL if Fox optioned for a PG-13 release for the theatrical and then an unrated for the dvd/blu-ray. From a business stance they could make all kinds of money. Do I agree with it? No, but I wouldn't put it pass them is all I'm saying. But hopefully, RR will have some say in regards to the rating.

And also, the PG-13 rating for AvP was the least of that films problems. It was just a bad film. End of. 

Porkus Maximus

Quote from: War Wager on Mar 13, 2010, 01:25:54 AM
Fox would make a lot more money if it were PG-13, but they learned their lesson with AvP.

We don't need to worry about the rating.

And what lesson is that?   AVP:R was nominated for two Razzies.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed