Predators
654 (49.8%)

Total Members Voted: 1202

Author
Alien or Predator? (Read 469,945 times)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Drago-Morph on Nov 13, 2010, 01:38:34 AM
Which may be their intellectual pinnacle.

And that isn't much when we've already seen it before.

FUZION PREDATOR

FUZION PREDATOR

Quote from: Ghostface on Nov 13, 2010, 03:35:37 AM
Quote from: The Ghoul on Nov 13, 2010, 01:44:36 AM
that and they turned off the power, know how to work elevators, know what some buttons do from just watching, and how fast they learn is shocking.

To be fair the xeno in A:R were not pure and contained more human DNA than usual. Heightened intelligence may have been a by product. And the elevator thing, well, ripley did push that button a lot. It may have activated both elevators. Then again thats speculation. Cutting the power was pretty smart though.

That's has nothing to do with the thread. But i really really like your berserker avatar and signature, is it the one from NECA?
'cause That's how those preds should look like

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

Quote from: DoomRulz on Nov 12, 2010, 11:18:43 PM
What intellectual pinnacle? They don't show much more intelligence than JP raptors.

Cutting of power to a specific section of a high-budget, interplanetary corporate installation is pretty impressive.

I doubt you or I could do it, for instance.

What strikes me as intelligent about the Aliens is their combination of being absolutely decisive and absolutely correct in almost all situations. They take a course of action instantly after being alerted of new information, and their behaviour almost always works in their favour. I suspect it's because they don't bother to ask questions we'd spend lots of time musing over; they already have the all the answers that are relevant to them.

FUZION PREDATOR

FUZION PREDATOR

Quote from: MadassAlex on Nov 13, 2010, 05:26:15 PM
What intellectual pinnacle? They don't show much more intelligence than JP raptors.

Cutting of power to a specific section of a high-budget, interplanetary corporate installation is pretty impressive.

What strikes me as intelligent about the Aliens is their combination of being absolutely decisive and absolutely correct in almost all situations. They take a course of action instantly after being alerted of new information, and their behaviour almost always works in their favour. I suspect it's because they don't bother to ask questions we'd spend lots of time musing over; they already have the all the answers that are relevant to them.

Don't underestimate yourself man  ;) ;D

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Dudes and dudettes...
The Alien went hiding properly in the Narcissus when Ripley activated DA BOMB.
Pretty sure it ain't a case.

Mus

Mus

Quote from: AliceApocalypse on Nov 08, 2010, 02:59:19 PM
Predator for sure. The Yautja are skilled hunters, they train themselves to be the best species of galactic warriors. 

Aliens have a fairly indestructuable body but are still parasites that depend on a host to procreate.  No host, no offspring. Sure the queen was smart enough to use an elevator in Aliens, but other than that they do not advance as a species.

Why should they advance? Would an Alien drinking tea or some such really make them more interesting? Besides, if the AVP movies are anything to go by, they already manage just fine killing the elite galactic warriors. Without training or gadgets.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Mus on Nov 13, 2010, 06:52:17 PM
Would an Alien drinking tea or some such really make them more interesting?
An Alien....
...drinking tea...
Hell yes man.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

An installation they had infested for what was presumably a very long time. It's not as if they just stumbled upon the wires at random so they knew what they were looking for.

A raptor on the other hand, I would think, hadn't seen a door handle before and just opened one up the first time it saw one, and still managed to stay one step ahead of the humans in the end before the T.Rex got them.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: DoomRulz on Nov 14, 2010, 12:28:49 AM
An installation they had infested for what was presumably a very long time.
Only a few weeks.

I wouldn't have a clue what cable did what unless I read it, or asked. Neither option was available to them.

Ghostface

Ghostface

Most of the time this requires sacrificing one or more of their own. Everytime they gained advantage in Aliens, they lost quite a few of their ranks in the process. This can be seen as swarming their enemy and taking a few losses to gain victory. Not a bad tactic, hell it worked most of the time, but its not necessarily a sign of intelligence.

Quote from: SiL on Nov 14, 2010, 02:31:09 AM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Nov 14, 2010, 12:28:49 AM
An installation they had infested for what was presumably a very long time.
Only a few weeks.

I wouldn't have a clue what cable did what unless I read it, or asked. Neither option was available to them.

Just cut them all until the power goes down. Simple.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

The Aliens only paid in casualties when testing the turrets. Otherwise, the only thing that prevented them from completely overrunning everyone was Ripley's call about them using a different way to get inside the room.

No Ripley and no motion tracker would end in completely dead 'reens.

Ghostface

Ghostface

There were alien casualties throughout the film. There were more Aliens killed than marines and they were outnumbered over 10-1.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

The Aliens took about three casualties in the hive, and only towards the end of the conflict. Before that, they took down almost ten marines entirely unscathed.

In the Ops. battle, the Aliens were forced into narrow lanes of fire for a little while, but that's really it.

Geronimo

Geronimo

I don't know which to prefer. I like them in their own ways.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

*whispers in ear*

Alien...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed