660 (50.2%)
Predators
654 (49.8%)

Total Members Voted: 1202

Author
Alien or Predator? (Read 470,521 times)

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

I think we're being overly pedantic here.

The basic point is that Aliens block some bullets. That's pretty incredible for a man-sized adversary with no technology.

FUZION PREDATOR

FUZION PREDATOR

Quote from: MadassAlex on Oct 05, 2010, 02:27:47 PM
I think we're being overly pedantic here.

The basic point is that Aliens block some bullets. That's pretty incredible for a man-sized adversary with no technology.

8 feet! i wouldn't call that a man-size , but i understand your point.  ;)

For the alien blocking bullets , i would rather say  make "bullet slides" on him. Given the fact the some bullets seems to slide when hitting roudness xeno area (forhead, shoulder)
This things usualy happen in skittle shooting competition , when you don't prefectly hit the middle of a skittle the bullet slides on it (and sometime the skittle doesn't even fall)

But whatever it still impressing.

EDIT: i've already see a 300winchest magnum bullet (120grain projectil if i remember well) complelty get smashed (and explode) on the european wild boar shoulder (it KO him put he quickly get back on his feet at strated to run)
That's also f*cking impressive.
That what happen when you use a too light projectil with too a very hight speed load. (i never made the mistake twice)

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

Well, if I wanna be pedantic, I can also say that Aliens dodge bullets.  :P

FUZION PREDATOR

FUZION PREDATOR

Quote from: MadassAlex on Oct 05, 2010, 04:39:43 PM
Well, if I wanna be pedantic, I can also say that Aliens dodge bullets.  :P
Given the speed of these projectils i wouldn't even call them bullets , but more "micro perforative nade"
But still very impressive

EDIT: what means "pedantic"

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Pedantic=cynical/hard-ass.

Valaquen

Valaquen

PEDANTIC:
–adjective
ostentatious in one's learning.
overly concerned with minute details or formalisms, esp. in teaching.

FUZION PREDATOR

FUZION PREDATOR

Well thanks both of you  ;)

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

Valaquen's second definition is the one I was using, as he rightly pointed out.

AVP UP

AVP UP

Predators because they can rip off ur head with their bare hands. But i still love alien and predator.

AliceApocalypse

AliceApocalypse

Predator for sure. The Yautja are skilled hunters, they train themselves to be the best species of galactic warriors. 

Aliens have a fairly indestructuable body but are still parasites that depend on a host to procreate.  No host, no offspring. Sure the queen was smart enough to use an elevator in Aliens, but other than that they do not advance as a species. 

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

'Course, there's the argument that they've reached an evolutionary and intellectual pinnacle.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

What intellectual pinnacle? They don't show much more intelligence than JP raptors.

Drago-Morph

Drago-Morph

Which may be their intellectual pinnacle.

The Ghoul

The Ghoul

that and they turned off the power, know how to work elevators, know what some buttons do from just watching, and how fast they learn is shocking.

Ghostface

Ghostface

Quote from: The Ghoul on Nov 13, 2010, 01:44:36 AM
that and they turned off the power, know how to work elevators, know what some buttons do from just watching, and how fast they learn is shocking.

To be fair the xeno in A:R were not pure and contained more human DNA than usual. Heightened intelligence may have been a by product. And the elevator thing, well, ripley did push that button a lot. It may have activated both elevators. Then again thats speculation. Cutting the power was pretty smart though.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed