Total Members Voted: 1202

Author
Alien or Predator? (Read 469,955 times)

Flaming Firefox

Flaming Firefox

Quote from: Silver Surfer on May 24, 2008, 05:29:47 AM
Quote from: Flaming Firefox on May 24, 2008, 05:18:26 AM
Quote from: Silver Surfer on May 24, 2008, 03:33:59 AM
QuoteThe only time when Wolf showed any type of speed was when he was jumping up the power station and that was vertical speed.

well what about when he chases down that copper that was hiding behind the bush, he cut him off pretty damn fast if you ask me...

Yeah that was pretty quick, shame you don't see him running though, so you can't say he ran that fast. He could have jumped through the trees like he did at the power station. He seems to have an awesome vert.

true you dont see it, but what you show off-screen is as important as you show on-screen, i never really remember seeing an alien run flat out without the help of digital effects

You mean what is implied off-screen is what is important as what you show on-screen. Yeah your right. Implied or not Aliens are still faster. Wolf was probably the quickest of his species as shown on screen.

Dark Passenger

Dark Passenger

QuoteImplied or not Aliens are still faster. Wolf was probably the quickest of his species as shown on screen

I just dont see how its fair that your comparing alien off-screen and digital shots to the bulky practical predator suits of avp..

Flaming Firefox

Flaming Firefox

Quote from: Silver Surfer on May 24, 2008, 05:36:26 AM
QuoteImplied or not Aliens are still faster. Wolf was probably the quickest of his species as shown on screen

I just dont see how its fair that your comparing alien off-screen and digital shots to the bulky practical predator suits of avp..

Hey I'm not the film-maker. They could have went digital showing a Pred running really fast. I don't see what isn't fair about it. I defer back to what I said about bipeds vs. quadrupeds though. All of the top runners in the animal world are quadrupeds. Humans come in at 25. Even if you say a Pred can run 5 times faster than a human(which would be generous probably), chances are an Alien can run 10 to 15 times faster from what we know about biology. 

http://www.homeworkspot.com/ask/fastestanimals.htm

Dark Passenger

Dark Passenger

Quote from: Flaming Firefox on May 24, 2008, 05:47:36 AM

Hey I'm not the film-maker. They could have went digital showing a Pred running really fast. I don't see what isn't fair about it. I defer back to what I said about bipeds vs. quadrupeds though. All of the top runners in the animal world are quadrupeds. Humans come in at 25. Even if you say a Pred can run 5 times faster than a human(which would be generous probably), chances are an Alien can run 10 to 15 times faster from what we know about biology. 

i just dont see the fair comparison of comparing digital aliens running to a practical predator running, we could as well just compare a digital predator running and compare it to a guy in an alien suit woddling away, who would seem the fastest in that comparison?

Flaming Firefox

Flaming Firefox

Quote from: Silver Surfer on May 24, 2008, 05:54:58 AM
Quote from: Flaming Firefox on May 24, 2008, 05:47:36 AM

i just dont see the fair comparison of comparing digital aliens running to a practical predator running, we could as well just compare a digital predator running and compare it to a guy in an alien suit woddling away, who would seem the fastest in that comparison?

What? My point is that if they wanted to show a Predator running that fast they easily could have. Practicality aside they could do it with CGI just like they did on the Aliens. The reason why they didn't is it probably wouldn't look good. It wouldn't be believable looking for a big bulky biped to move that fast.

DiabloGuapo

DiabloGuapo

Quote from: wolfboy22 on May 23, 2008, 01:59:22 AM
ok dude that is your opinion and I respect it but dont call preds slow ok.
Are you talking to me? I didn't call the Predators slow.

Demosthenes

Demosthenes

Alien.

The Demon

The Demon

I love both but the Predators are my favorite because they are less like animals than the Aliens are. Its also the way they love to get into danger and jump into the action roaring. Also its how idtimidating they are. They might have advance technology but thats not why I love them. I think their stuff is cool but thats not it. They don't need tech to protect themselves. They are hunters. Thats why they use tech. Saying Predators are pussy because they need their need is like saying hunters needs guns to protect themselves from deer. I bet a Predator could have a very fair fight with an Alien with nothing but its blades if that.

Flaming Firefox

Flaming Firefox

Quote from: The Wolf on May 24, 2008, 04:54:16 PM
I love both but the Predators are my favorite because they are less like animals than the Aliens are. Its also the way they love to get into danger and jump into the action roaring. Also its how idtimidating they are. They might have advance technology but thats not why I love them. I think their stuff is cool but thats not it. They don't need tech to protect themselves. They are hunters. Thats why they use tech. Saying Predators are pussy because they need their need is like saying hunters needs guns to protect themselves from deer. I bet a Predator could have a very fair fight with an Alien with nothing but its blades if that.

I guess it depends on what they are hunting. Sure a person may not need a gun to defend themselves from a deer if that is what they are hunting, but if they are hunting lions, not having a gun would be a bad thing.

I guess that is how I look at Preds vs. Aliens.

Chris P

Chris P

8)

The Demon

The Demon

Quote from: Flaming Firefox on May 24, 2008, 05:02:44 PM

I guess it depends on what they are hunting. Sure a person may not need a gun to defend themselves from a deer if that is what they are hunting, but if they are hunting lions, not having a gun would be a bad thing.

Yeah but I wouldn't compare an unarmed human against a lion to an unarmed Predator against an Alien. I think a Predator would have a very fair fight with an Alien if he were unarmed.

Flaming Firefox

Flaming Firefox

Quote from: The Wolf on May 31, 2008, 04:14:36 PM

Yeah but I wouldn't compare an unarmed human against a lion to an unarmed Predator against an Alien. I think a Predator would have a very fair fight with an Alien if he were unarmed.

I think you underestimate the strength of an Alien. Aliens are often compaired to ants. If you had an ant that was similar sized to an Alien say 250lbs it would be able to lift 12,500 lbs. That is the power of the exoskeleton. Preds don't have that. I daresay any animal that had an endoskeleton and exoskeleton and was roughly the size of a human or slightly bigger would be incredibly powerful.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

The Alien would rip an unarmed Predator to shreds.

The Demon

The Demon

Quote from: Flaming Firefox on May 31, 2008, 04:58:51 PM

I think you underestimate the strength of an Alien. Aliens are often compaired to ants. If you had an ant that was similar sized to an Alien say 250lbs it would be able to lift 12,500 lbs. That is the power of the exoskeleton. Preds don't have that. I daresay any animal that had an endoskeleton and exoskeleton and was roughly the size of a human or slightly bigger would be incredibly powerful.

I'm not saying the Alien would stand no chance, I'm saying it would be a very fair fight. The Predator would recieve several wounds like he has in the Predators movies. Getting nicked up all the time by gun fire from the minigun and Harrigan's shotgun. You see where I'm going?

Flaming Firefox

Flaming Firefox

Quote from: The Wolf on May 31, 2008, 06:57:08 PM
Quote from: Flaming Firefox on May 31, 2008, 04:58:51 PM

I'm not saying the Alien would stand no chance, I'm saying it would be a very fair fight. The Predator would recieve several wounds like he has in the Predators movies. Getting nicked up all the time by gun fire from the minigun and Harrigan's shotgun. You see where I'm going?

Not really, I don't think it would be a fair fight. Not if the Pred didn't have any weapons. The Alien should have him beat on all fronts.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed