660 (50.2%)
Predators
654 (49.8%)

Total Members Voted: 1202

Author
Alien or Predator? (Read 466,162 times)

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Not a good trophy. No challenge to it, no sport. Not really the same as an honour code.

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

Alien-the original creature i find the most interesting.A unpredictable wild and savage semi-intelligent life-form let loose on board a ship to fend for itself.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Jun 21, 2014, 09:00:04 PM
Not a good trophy. No challenge to it, no sport.

Exactly. No honour in killing a weak opponent.

SiL

SiL

It's not honour, it's sport. There aren't any bragging rights in saying "I totally killed this 80 year old naked dude".

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

Quote from: SiL on Jun 23, 2014, 02:08:04 PM
It's not honour, it's sport. There aren't any bragging rights in saying "I totally killed this 80 year old naked dude".
Doesn't some homeless guy get killed by the Predator in the subway-just for being in the way,in Pedator 2?

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

not that I can remember

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Elmazalman on Jun 23, 2014, 09:20:31 PM
Quote from: SiL on Jun 23, 2014, 02:08:04 PM
Doesn't some homeless guy get killed by the Predator in the subway-just for being in the way,in Pedator 2?
No. Everyone killed in the subway was armed.

SM

SM

Wasn't that the whole joke anyway?

SiL

SiL

Pretty much. Even the old grannies were packing.

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

Quote from: SiL on Jun 23, 2014, 11:08:15 PM
Pretty much. Even the old grannies were packing.
I'm sure i remember seeing Danny Glover's character chase after the Predator in the subway and from a distance he sees the Pedator kill someone.

SiL

SiL

That was Lambert.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Who was already quite dead at that point. He was just taking the head/spine for his trophy case.

Preddie was apparently impressed by The Paxton. Golf-ball ahoy!

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Well he did politely ask it for a dance.

locdasmoke

locdasmoke

Predator

Doktor Wunderbar

Doktor Wunderbar

My vote is for the Alien, partly because that's what it is - alien.  It's got no eyes, for one thing, which means that its entire perception of reality is likely to be very different from our own.  The acid blood suggests a very interesting biochemistry, the inner jaw mechanism is downright weird, and of course there's the life cycle.

There are also thematic aspects of the Alien that I appreciate.  On an individual basis, the life cycle has an element of body horror, and the species represents infection and pestilence both on an individual level and on the level of an entire infestation.  And of course, eusocial species and hive-building species are always interesting on their own.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed