660 (50.2%)
Predators
654 (49.8%)

Total Members Voted: 1202

Author
Alien or Predator? (Read 469,817 times)

AliceApocalypse

AliceApocalypse

You mean, the Alien made from a human host?  Except for the A3 of course. 

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

All of them are varying levels of more "Alien."

Mr. Sin

Mr. Sin

I find the alien more interesting, personally, simply due to its impact on modern cinema. My reverence for the films has little to do with the characters and more to do with the exposure it brought to certain genres of film. Lamenting on the actual characters biology, or actions etc outside of story narrative function seems quite irrelevant. To me, that is.

I find it fascinating how some individuals actually spend a great deal of time postulating over aspects legitimately left to those writers sanctioned by Fox. I don't understand the recreational value, but then again, that's is clearly just myself.

To be fair, some interesting points, however irrelevant to the development of the companies intellectual property, are somewhat intriguing.

kazemiya

kazemiya

Alien!! always Alien... ;D LoL... as a warrior ,I like Alien, especially Smooth dome xenomorph warrior or Drone...
I like Predator too anyway... But talking about hostile creature ,I feel Alien gotfar more impact on me...
the only thing I don like from predator is their lack of armor... I prefer them to use slightly full-armor like, hmmm... perhaps similar to  middle earth jousting knight. Somehow their appearance and lack of armor always remind me more of barbarian rather than a warrior.   
but I like their face, dreadlock, shuriken very much...
at first I always think alien rely on their sheer number, but after I saw AVP1, I begin to view alien differently. They are a powerful and deadly fast warrior. A clever xenomorph is apparently very dangerous to fight one on one combat, even a normal size xenomorph in AVP1 able to throw and pinned down large predator Celtic. No wonder yautja treat them as their primary nemesis for their hunt.
So I go w/ alien. especially on AVP1, while in AVP2 somehow they appear more stupid. They are charging forward without considering enemy's weapons. And alien in avp2 tend to rely on their secondary jaw and claw rather than their deadly tail. Somehow Alien in AVP2 have a rigged head. 

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Kaze, you shouldn't base your opinion on them through the AVP films, they're pretty shit honestly and don't represent either creature well.

Look at the Alien Trilogy for real Xenomorphs and "Predator" & "Predator 2" for real predators.

Tough little S.O.B.

Tough little S.O.B.

Aliens are a far much more original concept, and also have 3 great movies behind them.

Predators are cool,but not that original (they are, but not as much as the Alien) and they only have one good movie representing them.

juggernot94

juggernot94

Alien for for me

-They use numbers to their advantage
-They are sly and quiet
-They are extremely fast and deadly
-They have acid for blood
-They have a damn 2nd mouth?? Who wouldn't want a mini mouth lol

Albino Xenomorph

Albino Xenomorph

I picked the Aliens because:

• They use the darkness to their advantage
• They are more stealthy than Predators
• They have many different species
• They can scare their prey so bad they're paralyzed with fear

and those are the reasons I chose the Aliens over the Predators, thanks for reading!  ;D

Randomizer

Randomizer

I choose the Predators because :
        -> They have a big variety of weapons and equipment to choose from .
        -> Some Predators look really badass with their helmets.
        -> I like being stealthy just for a while so I can't stand with the Alien forever .
        -> They are a organized species and probably clever than the Aliens ( Predators can build ships , Aliens can't )
        -> They are brave and they don't run ( if an Alien is badly injured , most of the time they will run ) and they have honor .

Also , one thing that I like about the aliens is the design .  ;D

SM

SM

I like my honour with a side dish of cloaking device and computer guided lasers.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

The predator doesn't have THAT much honor.

It'd be like Mike Tyson coming after a regular non conditioned human with camouflage and a hunting rifle. 

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: SM on Jun 20, 2014, 09:46:51 PM
I like my honour with a side dish of cloaking device and computer guided lasers.

They can be honourable. Scar let Weyland go after realizing he was asthmatic and Pussyface let Leona go after discovering she was pregnant.

blood.

blood.

Quote from: Kimarhi on Jun 20, 2014, 09:54:22 PM
The predator doesn't have THAT much honor.

It'd be like Mike Tyson coming after a regular non conditioned human with camouflage and a hunting rifle. 

When does this movie come out?!?

I can just imagine one of those redneck groups of overweight overarmed neighbourhood watch guys playing army dressups getting picked off.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jun 21, 2014, 05:27:32 AM
Quote from: SM on Jun 20, 2014, 09:46:51 PM

They can be honourable. Scar let Weyland go after realizing he was asthmatic and Pussyface let Leona go after discovering she was pregnant.

I think most big game hunters today would be hesitant to kill something that was old, sick, or pregnant. Not exactly "honour", though.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Why would they?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed