Author
Poll: AvP vs AvPR (Read 685,438 times)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Jun 02, 2010, 02:27:22 PM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Jun 02, 2010, 07:07:05 AM
Quote from: SpaceMarines on Jun 02, 2010, 02:55:36 AM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Jun 02, 2010, 01:34:51 AM
Well Aliens have a penis for a head and Predators have dreads. There's a good place to start.

Except that the Predalien didn't have a penis-head, and it had dreadlocks.

It's head was still elongated. And it had a tail. So there.

Couldn't see them clearly in many shots. All I could make out is one tentacled idiot wailing on another tentacled idiot.

I saw them just fine. Take off the helmet and you will too.

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

I didn't know Wolf had acid burns on one side of his face until I got bored once and watched the DVD's special features.

Although I did notice he was missing a mandible, so the effects weren't a total loss.

Anto of the Sand

Anto of the Sand

I thought he had pock marks. :o

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

The acid burns are pretty hard to miss, unless you had your eyes closed.

Anto of the Sand

Anto of the Sand

Smartass comeback in 3, 2 ....

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

No, they were just bathed in darkness.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jun 02, 2010, 02:52:04 PM
I saw them just fine. Take off the helmet and you will too.

We can't be blamed for not having super-vision!

XenoVC

XenoVC

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jun 02, 2010, 05:19:06 PM
The acid burns are pretty hard to miss, unless you had your eyes closed.

Stop defending it for no reason.

The fact of the matter is the color correction is an abomination,completely annihilating the original lighting.

It's not normal or easy to see at all.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

For me it was. I. Don't. Get. This.

I can see the film fine. I don't know why I can see what's going and you guys can't. I can't explain it.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

You're a super-intelligent shade of the colour blue! Of course you could see it. For the rest of us mere corporeal beings, we have a little trouble with it.

MrBrokenTusks.

MrBrokenTusks.

@Doom But even you can admit it is darker than most movies?

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Sure I can. But I don't believe it's this supremely, uber, pitch black film everyone here claims it is.

PredalienXenomorph

PredalienXenomorph

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jun 02, 2010, 10:47:21 PM
Sure I can. But I don't believe it's this supremely, uber, pitch black film everyone here claims it is.
I second this. I can see everything just fine.

Yautja117

Yautja117

Agreed. There are only two or three shots in the film that I have problems viewing.

Keg

Keg

well i think some of us need to eat more carrots because most of us cant see shit. all i see, alot of the time, is the basic outlines with a few details. The scenes in the sewers should be dark yes. And it doesnt matter if you cant see much when nothing much is happening, like any exposition. But the short fight in the sewer with the Predator and the Aliens is ruined because you can hardly see the action. You can see it of course. But not very well. Its like watching a pirate dvd when no matter what you do to the contrast / brightness / colour settings, you still cant quite see as much as you should be able to. Im not going to say its completely unwatchable, but its certainly the darkest dvd ive ever seen, and its certainly waaaaaaaaay darker than it should be. Even the Strauss Brothers admitted it. Hell they even apologized for it. To deny it, baffles me.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed