"Predator" 2009 Mini-Series

Started by vikingspawn, Mar 10, 2009, 08:01:50 PM

Author
"Predator" 2009 Mini-Series (Read 47,719 times)

happypred

happypred

does anyone know whether the new Predator is set in past, present, or future (i'm guessing the latter two are more likely)? 

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I'm guessing near future.

The One and Only

Interview with PREDATOR writer John Arcudi about the doings a transpiring in the upcoming PREDATOR mini-series.http://www.comicmonsters.com/features-1012-John_Arcudi_talks_PREDATOR.html

vikingspawn

vikingspawn

PREDATOR #2 (of 4)

John Arcudi (W), Javier Saltares (A), Andrew Elder (C), and Raymond Swanland (Cover)
On sale Aug 26
FC, 40 pages
$3.50
Miniseries

Where there is armed conflict, there is money to be made. And in the midst of a third-world civil war, the military contractors of Graham Directive Security have sold their skills to shield their corporate clients from the sectarian violence tearing a country apart. But the GDS guns-for-hire soon discover that they are in the midst of not one, but two civil wars, one of extraterrestrial origin. And while the brutality and ruthlessness of mankind is well documented, it is nothing compared to the heartless savagery exhibited by the star-spawned Predators, especially when warring clans of the alien terrors are each sworn to wipe the other from existence.

The hunt is on as Predator returns to comics with a vengeance in a lethal new series written by John Arcudi (Aliens, B.P.R.D.) and illustrated by Javier Saltares (Ghost Rider).

Celebrating the 20th anniversary of the first Dark Horse Predator series.

Featured in Free Comic Book Day!

http://www.comicscontinuum.com/

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Pulse rifle in the background.  :)

dachande89

dachande89

wow that pic is amazing

Spaghetti

Spaghetti

they need to get the guy doing the covers to do some future interior art for some alien and pred comics.

goddamn he's good

happypred

happypred

I am a bit disappointed in the art for the new A/P series, it looks like it hasn't changed since Xenogenesis, too anime-ish for my taste

I know Dark Horse is reaching out to a new generation, but I still miss the more realistic styles from the 90's comics

Mr. Domino

Mr. Domino

Idk, I'm absolutely loving what I've seen of the Aliens series. I'm on the fence about the portrayal of the Preds so far, but you have to try new things, otherwise the franchise grows stagnant. I'm reserving judgment till I actually see the finished book.

vikingspawn

The One and Only

Looks nice, other than the lack of the title character, but it's only three pages, so I wasn't really surprised.   

The covers, by Raymond Swanland, are truly a sight to behold. This man should be doing movie posters. In this day and age the studios are wee bit too into photoshopped images of the actors. Gone are the days of some truly cool images I'd see on the VHS boxes.

Mr. Domino

Mr. Domino

The first cover was merely alright, imo. It was just too different for me to really appreciate.

This second cover, however...God damn...Its a bit early to start calling it my favorite Pred painting, but...God damn...

Spaghetti

Spaghetti

Gotta say after reading the predator preview in the free comic book... the art is mediocre at best.

The cover art outshines the interior so much it seems illegal to trick people so.

vikingspawn

vikingspawn

MTV Spash page has more preview pages posted:

http://splashpage.mtv.com/2009/06/05/preview-get-your-first-look-at-predator-1-from-dark-horse-comics/#more-16016

Good to see these comics getting more online press!

The Chibi Kiriyama

The story seems okay, but I don't like Predators sporting Halo paraphernalia.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed