Saurian - A Dinosaur Simulator

Started by Elliott, Mar 02, 2013, 02:46:58 AM

Author
Saurian - A Dinosaur Simulator (Read 31,534 times)

KNIGHT

KNIGHT

It's...

It's beautiful.

xeno-kaname

Gate

Gate

The animations are almost perfect. That T-rex had a few wonky maneuvers there but its great.

;_; getting used to feathered rex is hard.

Dovahkiin

I'm not too in love with the feathered T.Rex, but other than that...nice.

Sabby

Sabby

I would prefer a game of this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjhJSD8RU4k#

P.Funkei

P.Funkei

Quote from: Gate on Oct 13, 2013, 08:12:56 PM
The animations are almost perfect. That T-rex had a few wonky maneuvers there but its great.

;_; getting used to feathered rex is hard.
This rendering of the rex under corrected lighting might help with that ;)
Spoiler
[close]

Greedo

Greedo

Quote from: Sabby on Oct 13, 2013, 09:10:53 PM
I would prefer a game of this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjhJSD8RU4k#

That looks really good actually lol!

Sabby

Sabby

Cry-no-saucers!

KNIGHT

KNIGHT

So is Crynosaurus.. Not Crynosaurus anymore?

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1319089374/dinosaur-battlegrounds?ref=category

QuoteGame footage from a demo created by the former Crynosaurs team.
QuoteFormer

Is.. There something I'm missing?

Xenodog

Xenodog

Quote from: KNIGHT on Oct 22, 2013, 06:46:57 PM
So is Crynosaurus.. Not Crynosaurus anymore?

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1319089374/dinosaur-battlegrounds?ref=category

QuoteGame footage from a demo created by the former Crynosaurs team.
QuoteFormer

Is.. There something I'm missing?

I think just a name change?
Holy shit that it detailed though. This needs to exist.

P.Funkei

P.Funkei

This might help to clarify things a bit.
Spoiler
Dear Project Crynosaurs fans,

Over the course of the past year and a half, you've followed us as we've endeavored to fulfill our stated objective: To bring Dinosaurs to Cryengine. While we had some ups and downs, we feel we've accomplished our stated goal for the most part. During development however, its become clear that Project Crynosaurs as we originally envisioned it, combining Human and Dinosaur gameplay in an open world survival setting, would be a very tall order for us as a small, unfunded Indie team to bring to fruition. We have come to the realization that attempting to meld both styles of gameplay together would significantly delay our ability to deliver a game to you, the public, and would require compromises that would prevent us from fully realizing our vision for the Project. To that end, we have decided to create two separate game experiences as independent teams. This has been a very difficult and thought out decision for us, but ultimately it is for the best. It will allow for each development team to focus on producing a specific vision and implementing it with fewer of the compromises that face Indie developers like ourselves.

One portion of the team will continue with development of a Dinosaur based survival simulator set in the Hell Creek Formation of 66 million years ago. This team will be combining forces with Dinosaur Battleground ( http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1319089374/dinosaur-battlegrounds?ref=category ), currently seeking funding through Kickstarter, and will be moving development over to a new game engine. Future Crynosaurs updates will keep you posted on their progress as they establish their own web presence.

The other portion of our team will continue developing Crynosaurs in the spirit of the original tech demo: a first person, human based survival experience, with a focus on strategy, exploration and problem solving. Crynosaurs will continue development utilizing Cryengine, and you can continue to follow along on Facebook, Twitter, and Crynosaurs.com.

Most importantly, a big thank you to everyone who has supported our development thus far. We have had a great time working together as a group, and look forward to independently developing our respective projects.

Sincerely,

The Project Crynosaurs Development Team
[close]
The devs posted this on their Facebook page.

xeno-kaname

Quote from: P.Funkei on Oct 23, 2013, 03:15:11 AM
This might help to clarify things a bit.
Spoiler
Dear Project Crynosaurs fans,

Over the course of the past year and a half, you've followed us as we've endeavored to fulfill our stated objective: To bring Dinosaurs to Cryengine. While we had some ups and downs, we feel we've accomplished our stated goal for the most part. During development however, its become clear that Project Crynosaurs as we originally envisioned it, combining Human and Dinosaur gameplay in an open world survival setting, would be a very tall order for us as a small, unfunded Indie team to bring to fruition. We have come to the realization that attempting to meld both styles of gameplay together would significantly delay our ability to deliver a game to you, the public, and would require compromises that would prevent us from fully realizing our vision for the Project. To that end, we have decided to create two separate game experiences as independent teams. This has been a very difficult and thought out decision for us, but ultimately it is for the best. It will allow for each development team to focus on producing a specific vision and implementing it with fewer of the compromises that face Indie developers like ourselves.

One portion of the team will continue with development of a Dinosaur based survival simulator set in the Hell Creek Formation of 66 million years ago. This team will be combining forces with Dinosaur Battleground ( http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1319089374/dinosaur-battlegrounds?ref=category ), currently seeking funding through Kickstarter, and will be moving development over to a new game engine. Future Crynosaurs updates will keep you posted on their progress as they establish their own web presence.

The other portion of our team will continue developing Crynosaurs in the spirit of the original tech demo: a first person, human based survival experience, with a focus on strategy, exploration and problem solving. Crynosaurs will continue development utilizing Cryengine, and you can continue to follow along on Facebook, Twitter, and Crynosaurs.com.

Most importantly, a big thank you to everyone who has supported our development thus far. We have had a great time working together as a group, and look forward to independently developing our respective projects.

Sincerely,

The Project Crynosaurs Development Team
[close]
The devs posted this on their Facebook page.

Got scared there for a second. I want my dinosaur simulator!

P.Funkei

P.Funkei

Yeah, if this project ever fell through, I'd cry. ;_;

xeno-kaname

Quote from: P.Funkei on Oct 25, 2013, 12:40:57 AM
Yeah, if this project ever fell through, I'd cry. ;_;

I'd Cry. No 'Saurs!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed