Windows 10

Started by Darkness, Aug 05, 2015, 04:04:14 PM

Author
Windows 10 (Read 2,579 times)

Darkness

Darkness

Anybody actually upgraded to this yet? It's free for Windows 7/8 users.

Still on 7. I skipped on 8 because of the lack of start menu.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Windows 8 has the menu. :) Bit of sodding around, trying to figure out how to get it to show up, but it's there. I just reverted it to the classic shell-type thing.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Just look up classic shell for Windows 8. Easy enough to do if I remember rightly. I've not updated - I've seen nothing but bad things already. Think I'll let them work out whatever issues are out there first.

PVTDukeMorrison

PVTDukeMorrison

I'm using it right now and I can honestly say I like it a lot more than 8. You know when you press the Windows button on your keyboard and it would exit the desktop and bring you to that tablet-style menu? Well that's gone now and has been replaced by a standard start menu. Also screwing around with Cortana can be pretty fun, and the voice recognition is pretty good (Ask her how the Chief is doing).

Gate

Gate

How's the compatibility for games?

Hubbs

Hubbs

So this is out now for all new computers?

x-M-x

x-M-x

Quote from: Hubbs on Aug 07, 2015, 07:59:51 PM

More or less... (or a free upgrade)

i'm using it now... as for games no issues so far. (but a lot of privacy issues need to be noted though)

PVTDukeMorrison

PVTDukeMorrison

Quote from: Gate on Aug 07, 2015, 07:52:39 PM
So far I've only had one problem and that's that Battlefield 4 gets a little bit of a stutter every now and again. It's not that noticeable but it's there

Vermillion

Vermillion

Quote from: PVTDukeMorrison on Aug 08, 2015, 12:15:25 AM
So far I've only had one problem and that's that Battlefield 4 gets a little bit of a stutter every now and again. It's not that noticeable but it's there

Bf4!!  My fav game!!

Darkness

Darkness

Well, I've gone ahead and installed it. Working okay so far. I like the new start menu actually. Looks very slick. I miss the Aero glass of the window borders though. Can't seem to change it from grey either. Bootup time is much quicker than 7 too.

Quote from: PVTDukeMorrison on Aug 05, 2015, 07:28:10 PM
I'm using it right now and I can honestly say I like it a lot more than 8. You know when you press the Windows button on your keyboard and it would exit the desktop and bring you to that tablet-style menu? Well that's gone now and has been replaced by a standard start menu. Also screwing around with Cortana can be pretty fun, and the voice recognition is pretty good (Ask her how the Chief is doing).

Huh, I'm always sceptical of these voice things. I've used Siri and Google Now and sometimes they're accurate but more often than not, they just won't get what I'm saying.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: PVTDukeMorrison on Aug 08, 2015, 12:15:25 AM

How does Hardline play?

I should be getting my desktop up and running again next week...I may give it a go.

Vermillion

Vermillion

Hardline stutters a bit too.

Also my Realtek sound (asus Maximus vii hero) no longer goes digital 5.1.  Apparently a Win10 issue.

Lucifero

Lucifero

Quote from: x-M-x on Aug 07, 2015, 10:39:34 PM
Quote from: Hubbs on Aug 07, 2015, 07:59:51 PM

More or less... (or a free upgrade)

i'm using it now... as for games no issues so far. (but a lot of privacy issues need to be noted though)

Gate

Gate

So color me stupid but I cant find a way to upgrade...

Darkness

Darkness

If you haven't been prompted in Windows update, you can download the Windows 10 ISO here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed