Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Yeah, but at least you're not Florida.

AhabPredator

AhabPredator

Quote from: SM on Mar 19, 2019, 10:25:44 PM
Could be worse.

Could be Sydney.

Is it really that bad there?   ??? I always thought that was the Seattle, Washington of Australia.

Quote from: Local Trouble on Mar 19, 2019, 10:38:31 PM
Yeah, but at least you're not Florida.
what ya got against Florida? 😂 that's where I am.

SiL

SiL

Look up the Cronulla Riots for a look at how lovely Sydney is.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Hence my initial statement. Plus how freely most aussies i know fling around the term "abbo"

SiL

SiL

It took about three trips to Cairns before I finally nabbed a cab driver who didn't launch into an unsolicited spiel about the indigenous population.

SM

SM

Quote from: [CANCERBLACK] on Mar 20, 2019, 01:06:19 AM
Hence my initial statement. Plus how freely most aussies i know fling around the term "abbo"

You know a lot of racist arseholes it would seem.

I can't remember the last time I heard anyone use that word in a conversation.

PsyKore

PsyKore

Quote from: AhabPredator on Mar 20, 2019, 12:50:05 AM
Quote from: SM on Mar 19, 2019, 10:25:44 PM
Could be worse.

Could be Sydney.

Is it really that bad there?   ??? I always thought that was the Seattle, Washington of Australia.

No, Sydney isn't that bad. But like any place it has its fair share of idiots.

SM

SM

I was being facetious about Sydney, though their local Murdoch rag and shock jocks are generally more right wing and racist than other major cities.

SiL

SiL

Two years ago I was getting a haircut and the lady cutting my hair started going on an unsolicited rant about "abbos" because there were two people being interviewed on a news segment.

QLD, home of Pauline Hanson and Fraser Anning.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: SM on Mar 20, 2019, 01:20:10 AM
Quote from: [CANCERBLACK] on Mar 20, 2019, 01:06:19 AM

You know a lot of racist arseholes it would seem.

I can't remember the last time I heard anyone use that word in a conversation.

Unfortunately i do, although not all of them are overt initially. The guys who wear it on the sleeve i generally know as "that band playing before/after us". But it often comes out from less over the top seeming people, once they get comfortable. How much is "banter" and how much is genuine is difficult to say, but that's not really the point.

The Kurgan

The Kurgan

I don't think overt racism in the form of the classic skinhead is on the rise. At least here in Germany it's still a very small fringe group of thugs and never-do-wells, mostly a subgroup connected to the biker, bouncer, bodybuilder, hooligan or metal scene.

What is on the rise is conspiracy theories, semi racist ideas, halftruths, exaggerations and outright lies  finding the way into the middle-class and the heads of everyday people, as they are spouted by politics, social media influencers, selfstyled truth seekers, authors etc (very successfully) for political or financial gain. I have heard quite a few times from acquaintances that had absolutely nothing to do with racists or skinheads, that refugees did this or that, or the goverment is covering up this or that, just because they heard it in some youtube video or somebody was sharing it on social media or forums, when there was not a shred of truth on any of this claims.

And in parallel to homegrown islamic terrorists that radicalize themselves over the internet, people that have not much else in life can also radicalize themself when they fall down the rabbithole of the great replacement and other bullshit theories echo chambers.

People who spread this kind of rabble-rousing shit are as much to blame for the acts of people who took their ideas to heart as radical islamistic hate preachers are for islamistic terror acts.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I didn't know this kind of thing existed in Australia.

AhabPredator

AhabPredator

Is this guy from Sydney? Just curious.

https://youtu.be/odCQhAezB_Q

The Kurgan

The Kurgan

Something local and lighter:
There was a mass brawl in Berlin, about 400 teens gathered. After they came to blows, cops scattered them, one of them was nearly pulled into the crowd.
After they were scattered, some went into the subway, jumped into the track bed and threw gravel stones at each other.

The reason? Probably rivaling youtubers.

Gave me a real those damn kids old fart moment  :D

PsyKore

PsyKore

Quote from: AhabPredator on Mar 21, 2019, 08:27:39 PM
Is this guy from Sydney? Just curious.

https://youtu.be/odCQhAezB_Q

I don't know if he's from Sydney, but this video is a terrific example showing how potentially dangerous media can be by being dishonest.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed