In The News

Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,412,664 times)

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Feb 01, 2018, 03:28:22 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UN0e7viLJ68

As an owner of a pet peacock, I would def not suggest taking one on a plane...
Holy shit you have a peacock? How do you handle the noise and poo?

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

I actually yell back at him (in a peacock-ish tone) when he screams and it calms him down. The poo is unfortunately a commonplace, we have to clean our back porch at least twice a week during the summer. Btw, his name is NBC :laugh:
Here is an older pic of me and NBC:

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Well at least you have a yard for it with some separation from the neighbors. A while back I had a peacock hanging around my old place. It's a neat bird but oh man that bird could poop and they are loud but also fairly smart for a bird. Kind of sucked when I had to drop him off at the city zoo.

However to even think about taking one on a plane, oh man that's stretching it too far.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Is that common in the States? A pet peacock?

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

NBC is extremely intelligent, even problem solving intelligent. He does run like a raptor too, he's hilarious! I feel obligated to post this pic after that rant:

;)

Also, some people I know know other people who have pet peacocks, but no one else's will be hand fed peanuts like I do to mine and get within literally a couple feet of him before he feels threatened. So in short, not many pet peacocks in my area :laugh: They love warmer climates so NBC puts up with our harsh winters. This is me trying to catch him to put him in the barn when it gets too cold (i.e. 0 F or less):

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

It's more common in rural areas and there isn't anything to say you can't keep one as a pet but over all Peacocks are considered a nuisance due to how loud they are. A few years ago a lady in Makaha went to trail for slugging one with a baseball bat. In Hawaii they are considered an invasive species so she was found not guilty. Although she was so annoyed with them after killing it she was going to dine on peacock soup later than night if the security guard hadn't called the cops. I can't imagine a peacock tasting good though.

http://www.staradvertiser.com/2011/01/20/hawaii-news/woman-who-killed-peacock-says-she-just-lost-it/

However get a muster of them and holy shit it gets bad and this is from someone who used to live right under the landing approach for Honolulu international airport. Yea, planes for days all night long. Still they are fun birds and they are gorgeous. They can have an attitude though. I actually miss that bird a little although I know where he lives, called him Peat 'cause I'm not creative. Was always chilling with my cat when I came home from work. He still lives at the zoo... well last I check about a year ago. Been 17 or 18 years since I took him there. Shit now I have a reason to visit the zoo.

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Every single thing you mentioned was spot on. NBC certainly thinks he is the overruling master of everything outside, the German Shepard of the bird world. He attacked my mother on the head when he thought she was invading his love nest, when in reality she was pulling weeds in the flower bed. For those who never heard a peacock(s) screaming...

Edit: My mother's best friend who raised them and gave us NBC, called his Pete and Repete btw :laugh:

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Feb 03, 2018, 11:26:46 PM
NBC is extremely intelligent, even problem solving intelligent.

Does that mean he hates the skull too?

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

He despises the skull. He will attack those that like it.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

All this talk about skull hate will lead us to one inevitable conclusion... the all powerful Xenopeacock! It's sheer terror just thinking of the possibilities of one flamboyant alien that shit's poo acid everywhere it goes!

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

The plume feathers would be all spikey and have mini-mouths all over the place, damn dat scary

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

It would be almost as destructive as the NBC network. ;)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Feb 04, 2018, 02:47:50 PM

Pft. I can take him.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 05, 2018, 08:21:07 AM
Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Feb 04, 2018, 02:47:50 PM

Pft. I can take him.
Never danced with a peacock have yea?

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Feb 03, 2018, 01:23:31 AMI actually yell back at him (in a peacock-ish tone) when he screams and it calms him down.

:laugh:

The more I learn about you the more awesome your life becomes.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed