In The News

Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,414,313 times)

Shinawi

Shinawi

Quote from: whiterabbit on Aug 23, 2015, 08:00:48 AM
The US can't stay neutral. Hell, technically the Korean "War" never ended but even calling it a war is misleading to a point. Also there's that pledge to South Korea to come to there defense in exchange for stability and to prevent any gross escalation in armament. Such as South Korea developing nuclear arms. It's similar to the pledge we have with Japanese and hell, Taiwan for that matter. We're in it up to our eyes lids and will help defend South Korea without question. Whether those punk South Korea brats want us to or not. :P
Remember that the United States divided Korea. The US at that time was concerned that Stalin's military would communize all of Korea before the U.S. army could reach there. So a border was established that would stop the Soviet advance, which Stalin agreed with. Later on, the U.S. army left Korea, leaving advisors to train the South Koreans. When the North Koreans (who were heavily armed and supplied by Stalin) invaded, Truman thought that this was the start of Stalin's global domination attempt. This was why he sent the US military to Korea. Before the Armistice was signed, the US promised South Korea that some of the American soldiers would remain there.

Also there's that pledge to South Korea to come to there defense in exchange for stability and to prevent any gross escalation in armament. Such as South Korea developing nuclear arms. It's similar to the pledge we have with Japanese and hell, Taiwan for that matter. We're in it up to our eyes lids and will help defend South Korea without question. Whether those punk South Korea brats want us to or not. :P
Look who's constantly threatening South Korea with nuclear weapons. I don't know why you have this hate for our close allies.

Gate

Gate

Quote from: Shinawi on Aug 25, 2015, 02:04:36 AM
The US can't stay neutral. Hell, technically the Korean "War" never ended but even calling it a war is misleading to a point. Also there's that pledge to South Korea to come to there defense in exchange for stability and to prevent any gross escalation in armament. Such as South Korea developing nuclear arms. It's similar to the pledge we have with Japanese and hell, Taiwan for that matter. We're in it up to our eyes lids and will help defend South Korea without question. Whether those punk South Korea brats want us to or not. :P
Remember that the United States divided Korea. The US at that time was concerned that Stalin's military would communize all of Korea before the U.S. army could reach there. So a border was established that would stop the Soviet advance, which Stalin agreed with. Later on, the U.S. army left Korea, leaving advisors to train the South Koreans. When the North Koreans (who were heavily armed and supplied by Stalin) invaded, Truman thought that this was the start of Stalin's global domination attempt. This was why he sent the US military to Korea. Before the Armistice was signed, the US promised South Korea that some of the American soldiers would remain there.

Also there's that pledge to South Korea to come to there defense in exchange for stability and to prevent any gross escalation in armament. Such as South Korea developing nuclear arms. It's similar to the pledge we have with Japanese and hell, Taiwan for that matter. We're in it up to our eyes lids and will help defend South Korea without question. Whether those punk South Korea brats want us to or not. :P
Look who's constantly threatening South Korea with nuclear weapons. I don't know why you have this hate for our close allies.

Hey, look at it from a globalized perspective: The Cold War is over. Annexations (unless you're Putin) aren't exactly profitable these days with so many literate ethnic populations. Think about this, would North Korea be able to assimilate South Korea, or would it be easier in reverse?

Shinawi

Shinawi

Quote from: Gate on Aug 25, 2015, 02:48:48 AM
Quote from: Shinawi on Aug 25, 2015, 02:04:36 AM

Hey, look at it from a globalized perspective: The Cold War is over. Annexations (unless you're Putin) aren't exactly profitable these days with so many literate ethnic populations. Think about this, would North Korea be able to assimilate South Korea, or would it be easier in reverse?
That doesn't change the fact that the balance of powers would become unstable in the Far East if the U.S. army left there. Japan is not getting along with China. North Korea still does border attacks on South Korea. The Cold War is over for you if you only think of Europe, but it's still unfinished business in the Far East. Also, the situation in Ukraine in Europe is a serious issue not to be ignored.

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Aug 23, 2015, 07:14:28 PM
With South Korea, they have no choice to help but stuff like ISIS we are better off not fighting against. I think it was better when America would stay out of other countries problems. When the Ottoman Empire was doing horrible things to Armenia or when Germany attack Poland, the US never bother with it. Why risk so much money and other soldiers lives for a war or fighting other people's battles that may not solve anything. We should let other countries solve their own problems and make their own decisions.

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Aug 22, 2015, 10:28:37 PM
It's probably just domestic posturing. North Korea wouldn't survive very long against even the South, let alone the combined might of any US forces called in.

Even if a second war with North Korea happens, we don't know how long it will gone for. Given how much time America spend in the last war in Iraq, it could take a decade. It always impossible to tell how long a conflict would last.
I think each war is a different case.

I was actually one of the few in my classroom who disagreed with sending our soldiers to Iraq. The only other who agreed with me in that room was my professor, being old enough to remember the Vietnam War. I read a lot of war books and watched war documentaries. My high school friends used to ridicule me for watching those, but my interest in that subject made me realize the problems and the unpredictability of wars. Even a radio host (Howard Stern) was calling for wars with various countries. People at that time were concerned and angry about the 9-11 attacks. Mainly, the people who've traveled abroad and/or a lot of the people who remember the Vietnam War disagreed with sending soldiers to Iraq. I've traveled abroad numerous times so I don't look at the world in black and white. Although Saddam was a tyrant, Iraq wasn't at war with us, so I didn't feel the need to extend the war to there. Unfortunately, my classmates misunderstood and accused me of being anti-American.

Ironically, Dick Cheney partly influenced my political views on Iraq in 1994 when I was growing up.

It puzzled me that he supported Bush jr. on the invasion later on. And then Bush's Axis of Evil statement gave me the feeling that we were headed the wrong direction. Without finishing the business in Afghanistan, he suddenly wanted to extend the war to the other countries that had no intention of invading us. And I clearly remember his original Axis of Evil list that included China and Belarus. Many people don't know or don't remember this because he quickly shortened the list without explanation a few days later.

WWII was different. It would've been easier for the Allies if they tried to prevent Hitler from expanding his territory early on. At that time, the German army wasn't as strong as the army would become later on. To be fair, the Allies didn't expect Stalin to invade Poland, but Stalin would've stayed back if the Allies opposed Hitler's greed for Poland more strongly. Hitler said that it was just to take back Danzig, but everyone knew that it meant the rest of Poland also. Later, WWII came to the US in the Pacific. The US didn't ask for it.

Quote from: Gate on Aug 25, 2015, 02:48:48 AM
The point of my earlier post was in reaction to WR's apparent hatred for the Koreans. He makes it look as if the South Koreans are the cause for this trouble. I was trying to explain the Koreans' side of the story.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Wait when did I hate Koreans? Oh that point about the youth of South Korea being in total denial about just how bad the North is to it's own people. I remember a while back when South Korean college students were protesting the United States and saying really bad things and then out of no where all of the old timers from South Korea came out to the rally and literally put those kids over their knees and spanked them silly.

Oh and if you're from South Korea, you're welcome and thanks for all of those phones and electronics.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: PVTDukeMorrison on Aug 25, 2015, 01:31:05 AM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Aug 25, 2015, 01:27:17 AM
Quote from: PVTDukeMorrison on Aug 24, 2015, 07:53:52 PM
So you went shooting and now you don't want to shoot guns anymore? That's weird, almost everyone I've taken shooting for their first time loved it, I even turned my one insanely liberal friend from wanting all guns banned to now being an RPAL owner with a fetish for classic German firearms, guy has 6 lugers.

Oh no, I want to shoot again. I loved the experience. But I want to shoot inanimate objects. I can't ever imagine turning one on another human being. That's what I meant.
Oh okay, yeah it really is great. Word of advice, buy tannerite. Lot's of it.

As long as they're available in Canada. Our gun laws suck.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

And now for something light hearted - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-34039927

Gave me a right good chuckle when I heard this this morning!

D. Compton Ambrose

D. Compton Ambrose

Quote from: DoomRulz on Aug 25, 2015, 11:28:47 AM
Quote from: PVTDukeMorrison on Aug 25, 2015, 01:31:05 AM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Aug 25, 2015, 01:27:17 AM
Quote from: PVTDukeMorrison on Aug 24, 2015, 07:53:52 PM
So you went shooting and now you don't want to shoot guns anymore? That's weird, almost everyone I've taken shooting for their first time loved it, I even turned my one insanely liberal friend from wanting all guns banned to now being an RPAL owner with a fetish for classic German firearms, guy has 6 lugers.

Oh no, I want to shoot again. I loved the experience. But I want to shoot inanimate objects. I can't ever imagine turning one on another human being. That's what I meant.
Oh okay, yeah it really is great. Word of advice, buy tannerite. Lot's of it.

As long as they're available in Canada. Our gun laws suck.
I have some nitroglycerine...heart-attack medication at my house back in TN. :P

@Cpl Hicks, my favorite on that page is

Quote"Let me tell you a little about myself. It's a reflexive pronoun that means 'me'" - Ally Houston

XDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXD

Shinawi

Shinawi

Quote from: whiterabbit on Aug 25, 2015, 06:34:18 AM
Wait when did I hate Koreans? Oh that point about the youth of South Korea being in total denial about just how bad the North is to it's own people. I remember a while back when South Korean college students were protesting the United States and saying really bad things and then out of no where all of the old timers from South Korea came out to the rally and literally put those kids over their knees and spanked them silly.
Quote from: whiterabbit on Aug 23, 2015, 08:00:48 AMWhether those punk South Korea brats want us to or not. :P
I'm an American like you. I just traveled more and know people from that region more than you do. Those protests don't happen these days and haven't happened for several years. The protests were anti-war against Bush who wanted to start something in Korea at that time. The Koreans who are anti-American don't represent the majority of the Koreans. If some Americans shot and burned down some Korean businesses, does that mean that they represent all of us?

Quote from: whiterabbit on Aug 25, 2015, 06:34:18 AM
Oh and if you're from South Korea, you're welcome and thanks for all of those phones and electronics.
This makes you sound really ignorant and obnoxious. Do you realize how much South Korea buys from the US?
You might be wondering why I'm defending the Koreans. I've seen some Americans harass people from overseas with their offensive comments and it bothers and embarrasses me when I see that. Your comments reminded me of what those people said.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Yea it doesn't really matter.  ::)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Let's keep it civil guys. Thanks.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/mcdonalds-servers-porcelain-doll-look-has-diners-lovin-it_55db66cde4b08cd3359cd3a7

QuoteThe infatuated customers who visit a Taiwan McDonald's have a happy meal no matter what they order as long as a certain server is there.

Wei Han Xu, aka McDonald's Goddess and Weiwei, has become a viral sensation after a customer took pictures of the big-eyed beauty at work and posted them on his blog.

This is a bit freaky.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I'd be freaked out as f**k if someone started taking photos of me to post online.

http://www.destructoid.com/google-take-on-twitch-today-with-youtube-gaming-307916.phtml?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

QuoteGaming is kind of a huge deal on YouTube -- it's second only to music in terms of subscribers. The most subscribed channel on all of YouTube is PewDiePie, and he has been since December 2013. Elsewhere in the top 20 is VanossGaming, Machinima, and SkyDoesMinecraft. Gaming on YouTube is big, but it's taken until 2015 for Google to finally do something with that knowledge.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 26, 2015, 12:01:00 PM
I'd be freaked out as f**k if someone started taking photos of me to post online.

Indeed. But her look as well. I thought she was an animatronic doll at first. I mean, f**k. That skin tone...

D. Compton Ambrose

D. Compton Ambrose

Quote from: DoomRulz on Aug 26, 2015, 03:38:43 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 26, 2015, 12:01:00 PM

Indeed. But her look as well. I thought she was an animatronic doll at first. I mean, f**k. That skin tone...

Because humans.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

You don't doll yourself up unless you want the attention. That or this is McDonald's idea of boosting slumping sales.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed