In The News

Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,412,625 times)

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Regardless, I think I've said enough on the subject anyway. There's a reason why I don't like to argue (laziness), but sometimes you gotta say something.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Aspie on Aug 30, 2014, 09:05:43 PM
this is what the thread is for, doe. dissection of what's going on around us.

Well actually, I started it so that we could share wacky and weird news stories. It just sort of evolved into this.

Quote from: Cvalda on Aug 30, 2014, 08:27:20 PM
except women making sixty cents to every dollar a man makes for the same job

You may wish to read the following.

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702303532704579483752909957472
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/02/01/no-women-don-t-make-less-money-than-men.html
http://www.consad.com/content/reports/Gender%20Wage%20Gap%20Final%20Report.pdf

Hubbs

Hubbs

Quote from: ShadowPred on Aug 30, 2014, 08:57:49 PM
Quote from: Blacklabel on Aug 30, 2014, 08:49:02 PM
Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on Aug 30, 2014, 08:26:16 PM
Range a little farther than the leash of your insecurities will allow you to go. There is a whole world of truth out there beyond the pictures someone else posted and pro-port as truth. Draw your own conclusions from real life experiences.

http://sheroes.in/img/uploads/article/thumbnails/into-the-wild-99-lancastria.jpg

lol "leash of your insecurities". smh.

Bat Chain is either unconsciously racist, or he's just racist and doesn't care.

Quote from: Eva on Aug 30, 2014, 08:53:28 PM
Seriously... I like you guys, but these last pages are embarrassing to read... :-\

Someone has to speak up for the facts, and if there's an argument going on because of it, then I don't think it being embarrassing to those that read it should be something to be concerned about. It's not like this happens every day with us anyway.

Yep everyone is racist...apart from you, Cal and Cvalda apparently, thank God you three are here to put us in our places with labels.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: Hubbs on Aug 31, 2014, 12:06:10 AM
Quote from: ShadowPred on Aug 30, 2014, 08:57:49 PM
Quote from: Blacklabel on Aug 30, 2014, 08:49:02 PM
Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on Aug 30, 2014, 08:26:16 PM
Range a little farther than the leash of your insecurities will allow you to go. There is a whole world of truth out there beyond the pictures someone else posted and pro-port as truth. Draw your own conclusions from real life experiences.

http://sheroes.in/img/uploads/article/thumbnails/into-the-wild-99-lancastria.jpg

lol "leash of your insecurities". smh.

Bat Chain is either unconsciously racist, or he's just racist and doesn't care.

Quote from: Eva on Aug 30, 2014, 08:53:28 PM
Seriously... I like you guys, but these last pages are embarrassing to read... :-\

Someone has to speak up for the facts, and if there's an argument going on because of it, then I don't think it being embarrassing to those that read it should be something to be concerned about. It's not like this happens every day with us anyway.

Yep everyone is racist...apart from you, Cal and Cvalda apparently, thank God you three are here to put us in our places with labels.

I don't think you mean that.

Bat Chain Puller

Bat Chain Puller

I have nothing against anyone due to the color of their skin. If you actually knew me you'd know that. Instead you read a few paragraphs and sum me up, fuming behind your screens, mad at shit beyond your command.

If I was racist I wouldn't regularly be invited to my next door neighbors house for dinner and conversation. If I was racist two out of the five romantic relationships I've had wouldn't have been with black women. If I was racist I wouldn't live where I live and work were I work.

It's okay. I know Cvalda spits and hisses at just about everyone that look at her crossways like some embittered abused cat. I don't take it personally. She can't help it. I'm cool with you too ShadowPred. Just watch it with the racist shit.

Aspie

Aspie

k guys calm down

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: Aspie on Aug 31, 2014, 12:43:04 AM
k guys calm down

I got this Aspie.

Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on Aug 31, 2014, 12:35:50 AM
I have nothing against anyone due to the color of their skin. If you actually knew me you'd know that. Instead you read a few paragraphs and sum me up, fuming behind your screens, mad at shit beyond your command.

If I was racist I wouldn't regularly be invited to my next door neighbors house for dinner and conversation. If I was racist two out of the five romantic relationships I've had wouldn't have been with black women. If I was racist I wouldn't live where I live and work were I work.

It's okay. I know Cvalda spits and hisses at just about everyone that look at her crossways like some embittered abused cat. I don't take it personally. She can't help it. I'm cool with you too ShadowPred. Just watch it with the racist shit.

Bat Chain, I wasn't straight up calling you a racist. I was mentioning racism due to that "leash" line. Unconsciously racist is what that line was (which only came to my mind due to the argument as a whole, otherwise it would never have crossed my mind) ,if you didn't mean it to be racist, and being unconsciously racist is what we all are anyway. But yeah, if you say you're cool, then I'm the same. I never take arguments outside of their place of origin anyway.

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

http://www.iflscience.com/health-and-medicine/ebola-claims-lives-five-study-co-authors-paper-published

Yeezus f**king Krishna.

QuoteA sixth co-author, Sidiki Saffa, also passed away before the paper could be published, though the cause of death was unrelated to Ebola. He was a lab tech who collected and processed Ebola patient blood samples, but he died from a stroke. However, co-workers state that the stress from the outbreak may have contributed to his death.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on Aug 30, 2014, 07:41:31 PM
Ask yourselves what is the root cause of all of this nonsense.
When this incident happened, or most police involved incidents happen, I do indeed give the benefit of doubt to the police. Perhaps where I live it isn't so bad and in most cases the police do use the correct amount of force. However since then as more information became available such as reports not being done, autopsy results and historical evidence; it is clear now that Ferguson country has a serious problem with bad cops and extremely bad policing policy.

That is the root of all this non-sense. Sure he was a thug, but at least where I come from, cops do not shoot to kill just because they can. I mean how about that other guy? The guy was clearly not in the right mind that stole the two red bulls. I saw the knife but he didn't rush the officers, but ok lets ignore that, however why did they have to shoot him while he was on the ground and then shoot him two more time when he rolled over dead? That is not right man.

As far as Brown is concerned he turned around and the officer unloaded on him. Highly likely because they are trained to kill militaristically. In most departments you shoot the largest body area, the torso. In THAT department you start at the lower torso and shoot up towards the head. I honestly think the bum rush is bullshit at this point.

You know, the dumb ass, Brown, may have very well got what he deserved but that is not how you run a civilized society. Also most of the "evidence" from the Ferguson police department so far has been utter bullshit. Explain that away?

Hubbs

Hubbs

Whatever happened does not excuse all the black folk in the area to go around wreaking havoc and destroying property as though its their given right, and they wonder why people look down on them. Playing devils advocate...had it been a white guy gunned down, would white folk be rioting? doubt it, you probably wouldn't hear anything about it.

Again I gotta refer back to Johnathan Gentry on Facebook...
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10204325511367677&set=vb.1526101682&type=2&theater

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

Quote from: Hubbs on Aug 31, 2014, 03:00:41 AM
Playing devils advocate...had it been a white guy gunned down, would white folk be rioting? doubt it, you probably wouldn't hear anything about it.

..I had no idea we, white people were being targeted by racist trigger happy cops. That sounds terrible. :'(

#SAVEWHITEPEOPLE!

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: Hubbs on Aug 31, 2014, 03:00:41 AMhad it been a white guy gunned down, would white folk be rioting? doubt it, you probably wouldn't hear anything about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OvKcXZpDMo#ws

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Kill whitey

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Whatever happened does not excuse all the black folk in the area to go around wreaking havoc and destroying property as though its their given right, and they wonder why people look down on them. Playing devils advocate...had it been a white guy gunned down, would white folk be rioting? doubt it, you probably wouldn't hear anything about it.

What do you mean all? And iirc, white folk used to lynch black folks for mere accusations all the time. Hell that kind of crap still happens today.

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

Quote from: whiterabbit on Aug 31, 2014, 04:53:29 AM

What do you mean all? And iirc, white folk used to lynch black folks for mere accusations all the time. Hell that kind of crap still happens today.

Hubbs, by his own admission, isnt a racist. He's just doing a really bad job at making us believe he isnt a racist.  :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed