In The News

Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,417,887 times)

Bat Chain Puller

Bat Chain Puller

ShadowPred your totem pole of random tweets and screen grabs from entertainment opinion pieces is quite impressive but only illustrates what era you came up in. Given the right real world experience, in time you'll see.

Cvalda, same thing. Your arm chair social commentary and blind, selective empathy betray more of a personal problem with your own position in the grand pecking order than it does anything else. I've loved and lost more black friends (and girlfriends) to their cultural  'stereotypes' than I care to remember.

Ask yourselves what is the root cause of all of this nonsense.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on Aug 30, 2014, 07:41:31 PM
Cvalda, same thing. Your arm chair social commentary and blind, selective empathy betray more of a personal problem with your own position in the grand pecking order than it does anything else. I've loved and lost more black friends (and girlfriends) to their cultural  'stereotypes' than I care to remember.
Your own limited personal experiences do not entitle you to have a vast cultural understanding of another class or race's issues, sorry. And apparently me pointing out your unsupported factual errors with actual sources is "arm chair social commentary" :laugh: I guess because you've spoken to a black person a few times or something, you know damn well that the cop was violently assaulted, despite it being a debunked lie. Kay.

Ask yourselves what is the root cause of all of this nonsense.
I'll take "poverty and racism" for 5,000.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

ShadowPred your totem pole of random tweets and screen grabs from entertainment opinion pieces is quite impressive but only illustrates what era you came up in.

So you're just basically ignoring the truth, refusing to even do the research yourself, and trying to make it seem as if this is something that hasn't happened before by simply calling it the era I came up in. Growing up as a minority I guess I have no idea how exactly life has been like for people like me. I may not be part of the black community, but I sure as hell can actually imagine (well you can see for yourself, but refuse to) the shit they have to put up with. I'm sure that privilege of yours is pretty sweet from someone who will never have an experience that minorities have to deal with every f**king day of their lives.

QuoteAsk yourselves what is the root cause of all of this nonsense.

Go read a history book or two. Learn that the cause of everything is that the people who you support have oppressed minorities for hundreds of years. You know very well that this shit has not stopped and has continued and WILL continue on for some time, and placing them in the situations that they are in now.

Keep on being blissfully ignorant with your perspective on things. I sure wouldn't want to know how you see things, I'm not good with tunnel vision.

Bat Chain Puller

Bat Chain Puller

You're trying to make it personal Cvalda.

I don't need to list every black friendship, every black sexual relationship, every black client I've worked for, every black family member I have, every black boss, and every black subordinate who I train at work to make what I say any more or less valid.

I lay odds that my experience is unfathomably deeper and richer than yours on the matter.

The root cause of all this is ignorance and entitlement. Brown wouldn't have stolen cigarettes if he had learned the simple lesson of not taking what doesn't belong to him as a child. But he felt he was entitled to them. So he took them. And his attitude was 'f**k anyone who gets in my way' and he paid the ultimate price and now many many lives are ruined and I have to have this conversation with you. Way to go Brown.

EDIT*
ShadowPred ... good lord.  You can't can't can't afford to be this naive. I've been around a long time and seen, lived, read, and heard from the horses mouth 'what's up' enough to form my own view of the way things are.

And don't talk to me about privilege. I was raised correctly. That's all the privilege I need to make it. And have. Work for what you want. Put in the extra hours. Go the extra mile. No trust funds here.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on Aug 30, 2014, 08:07:31 PM
The root cause of all this is ignorance and entitlement.

Yeah, I wonder by who.

Cvalda

Cvalda

You're trying to make it personal Cvalda.
You're the one trying to use your "personal experience" to bolster your flimsy argument.

And considering I've spent years and years living in majority-black areas like, say, Harlem, and still do, surrounded by black and other minority neighbors, I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that I already probably have more experience with the intersections of class and race than you, anyway.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

I have more black friends than you, so I win. Bow down.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

EDIT*
ShadowPred ... good lord.  You can't can't can't afford to be this naive. I've been around a long time and seen, lived, read, and heard from the horses mouth 'what's up' enough to form my own view of the way things are.

And don't talk to me about privilege. I was raised correctly. That's all the privilege I need to make it. And have. Work for what you want. Put in the extra hours. Go the extra mile. No trust funds here.

I'm not the one being naive here, Bat Chain. You are straight up ignoring the facts of the situation at hand, you are ignoring history for f**k's sake. Earlier when you said it's not about race, that's a bold f**king lie because you know that it totally is just take a look at this for f**k's sake:

It's f**king clear to me now that you're just eating up the bullshit that the media is spinning just as they have been for f**king decades.

Bat Chain Puller

Bat Chain Puller

Cal you're not helping. Step aside.

Cvalda. Unplug, go outside and mingle with your black neighbors.

ShadowPred. I dunno man. Range a little farther than the leash of your insecurities will allow you to go. There is a whole world of truth out there beyond the pictures someone else posted and pro-port as truth. Draw your own conclusions from real life experiences.

Sorry if I disappointed anyone. Can't spend all day online bickering with you. Life beckons.

Cvalda

Cvalda

The root cause of all this is ignorance and entitlement. Brown wouldn't have stolen cigarettes if he had learned the simple lesson of not taking what doesn't belong to him as a child. But he felt he was entitled to them. So he took them. And his attitude was 'f**k anyone who gets in my way' and he paid the ultimate price and now many many lives are ruined and I have to have this conversation with you. Way to go Brown.
And what a load of horseshit this is. :laugh: None of that is the issue -- and as if any of that is something lacking in the "gangster culture" as you put it, in comparison to your American dream work hard-and prosper fantasy, which is actually skewed to rich white people taking things that don't belong to them every day in millions and millions of dollars via Wall Street and corporate deals, ruining lives and perpetuating the cycle of poverty all the while, not giving a f**k as they do. But not a single one of them will ever get gunned down for stealing a pack of cigars. Or even go to jail, for that matter.

But yes, let's continue to be lectured by a straight white dude about how all you need to do is pull yourself up by your bootstraps like he did, povery-striken black people! After all, we all start out equal here and hard work is rewarded the same for everyone in society (except women making sixty cents to every dollar a man makes for the same job, not to even touch on the racial income inequalities that have existed at the same abysmal, parallel rates over the decades).

::)

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on Aug 30, 2014, 08:26:16 PM
ShadowPred. I dunno man. Range a little farther than the leash of your insecurities will allow you to go. There is a whole world of truth out there beyond the pictures someone else posted and pro-port as truth. Draw your own conclusions from real life experiences.

I've seen enough to draw my own conclusions, Bat Chain. The fact that the same shit is still going on, and that there is no accountability of the oppressor is what's sad here. I also don't think the tweets, the messages, etc. of people who are on the ground over there should be completely shrugged off. The police are in the wrong from what they are doing, you have the images and the videos to prove it. You just need to take an actual look with both eyes open.

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

Range a little farther than the leash of your insecurities will allow you to go. There is a whole world of truth out there beyond the pictures someone else posted and pro-port as truth. Draw your own conclusions from real life experiences.

lol "leash of your insecurities". smh.

Eva

Eva

Seriously... I like you guys, but these last pages are embarrassing to read... :-\

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: Blacklabel on Aug 30, 2014, 08:49:02 PM
Range a little farther than the leash of your insecurities will allow you to go. There is a whole world of truth out there beyond the pictures someone else posted and pro-port as truth. Draw your own conclusions from real life experiences.

http://sheroes.in/img/uploads/article/thumbnails/into-the-wild-99-lancastria.jpg

lol "leash of your insecurities". smh.

Bat Chain is either unconsciously racist, or he's just racist and doesn't care.

Quote from: Eva on Aug 30, 2014, 08:53:28 PM
Seriously... I like you guys, but these last pages are embarrassing to read... :-\

Someone has to speak up for the facts, and if there's an argument going on because of it, then I don't think it being embarrassing to those that read it should be something to be concerned about. It's not like this happens every day with us anyway.

Aspie

Aspie

this is what the thread is for, doe. dissection of what's going on around us.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed