In The News

Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,414,368 times)

Cvalda

Cvalda

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Sounds less like treatment and more like encouragement.

SM

SM

Hold-his-legs-a-part.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

haha holy shit that went from ludicrously horrifying to a very practical. Who's to say that the robots aren't mini T101's programmed to exterminate pedos.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Granted, I can see why providing some kind of outlet to them that doesn't hurt anyone has its positives. It must be agonizing to be a pedophile and struggle with those urges that aren't their fault to begin with.

The human sex drive is often an awful thing.

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

Quote from: Crazy Rich on Jul 22, 2014, 08:45:30 AM
Sounds less like treatment and more like encouragement.

That reminded me...
Is a "treatment" even possible?

Quick google search led me to this quote:

http://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2013/08/what-can-be-done-about-pedophilia/279024/

QuoteWhat do we know about where pedophilia comes from?

The best current evidence suggests that pedophilia results from atypical wiring in the brain. This field of research is still very new, but it appears that there exists what could be considered a "cross-wiring" in the brain anatomy that is responsible for controlling natural social instincts or behavior. Although learning happens after birth, humans are pre-wired to recognize and respond to certain stimuli. It seems, from research conducted thus far, that stimuli that usually elicits nurturing and protective responses in most adults are instead eliciting sexual responses in pedophiles.

Can someone be cured of pedophilic desires? For example, could a pedophile through treatment go on to have either no sexual desire or a fundamentally different kind of sexual orientation?

The best treatments we have available for pedophiles help them develop the skills they need to live a healthy, offense-free life and, in some cases, to block their sex drives (if they feel it would help them). We have not yet found a way to convert pedophiles into non-pedophiles that are any more effective than the many failed attempts to convert gay men and lesbians into heterosexuals.

:/

Cvalda

Cvalda

"You think about the, perhaps 5% [of pedophiles] who actually hurt children. The remaining 95% never live out their fantasies. Think about their suffering. Sexuality is the strongest force in human beings. To be born with a forbidden sexuality must be agonizing. The pedophile who manages to get through life with the shame of his desire, while never acting on it, deserves a bloody medal."

Von Trier knows what's up. :P

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

....and now... in weird local news.

The corpse of a ukranian citizen was found underwater near my island's coastline. The man was in a diving suit and the body was being held beneath the waves by a few rocks... It was found by another scuba diver, by complete chance. Looked like it was down there for a few weeks.

Dude probably got himself trapped down there while having fun... and died a horrible, lonely death beneath the waves.  :-X

(Or maybe he was killed by a russianSPY, who the f**k knows.)

There was no report for the man's disappearance, apparently. Nodoby knew or nobody cared.  :-\

DoomRulz

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Alienseseses on Jul 22, 2014, 12:50:02 AM
I don't live in Israel, but I have connection to it. My sister was just there for a year-- she got home 2 weeks after the war started. My cousins are there now. A classmate of mine from Maale film school, which I attended two years ago, was recruited for reserve duty.

I lived in Israel for a couple of years as a child (even though my family is not Jewish). I've also re-visited the country as an adult. It's a completely different world to what most of us are used to here in the West.

Even during "peacetime" it's like living in a warzone. Army patrols everywhere. You'll often see 18 year old girls in full combat fatigues with a handbag slung over one shoulder and an Uzi or assault rifle over the other patrolling the streets or hanging out in falafel bars. Almost every adult citizen is a fully trained part-time soldier. Tanks and APC's are a common sight on public roads as are the sound of air raid sirens and the sonic booms from Israeli jets. And after a while you start figuring out things like why they don't have rubbish bins and letter/mailboxes on the streets.

Never went into the Gaza strip but there's some real shitholes in the West Bank Palestinian territories. If you're unlucky enough to get born there you're not going to get far in life.

Both the Israelis and Palestinian people have my sympathies. If Hamas can be rooted out then I'm sure there might be a chance for lasting peace. The citizens of Gaza just need to make it happen. If Israel can make peace with Egypt and Jordan then the same can happen with Gaza.

Shalom aleichem

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jul 22, 2014, 11:50:14 AM
Quote from: ShadowPred on Jul 22, 2014, 08:34:04 AM
http://news.kron4.com/news/child-sex-robots-could-be-used-to-treat-pedophiles/

http://i.gyazo.com/d1e3f38d421a54f770bae966f2fc48ae.png

I'll be curious to see what sort of results these yield. They must be doing a trial run at some point.
I doubt it. I don't think this kind of thing could ever be greenlit.

Spoonman101

Spoonman101

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jul 22, 2014, 02:05:22 PM
I don't live in Israel, but I have connection to it. My sister was just there for a year-- she got home 2 weeks after the war started. My cousins are there now. A classmate of mine from Maale film school, which I attended two years ago, was recruited for reserve duty.

I lived in Israel for a couple of years as a child (even though my family is not Jewish). I've also re-visited the country as an adult. It's a completely different world to what most of us are used to here in the West.

Even during "peacetime" it's like living in a warzone. Army patrols everywhere. You'll often see 18 year old girls in full combat fatigues with a handbag slung over one shoulder and an Uzi or assault rifle over the other patrolling the streets or hanging out in falafel bars. Almost every adult citizen is a fully trained part-time soldier. Tanks and APC's are a common sight on public roads as are the sound of air raid sirens and the sonic booms from Israeli jets. And after a while you start figuring out things like why they don't have rubbish bins and letter/mailboxes on the streets.

Never went into the Gaza strip but there's some real shitholes in the West Bank Palestinian territories. If you're unlucky enough to get born there you're not going to get far in life.

Both the Israelis and Palestinian people have my sympathies. If Hamas can be rooted out then I'm sure there might be a chance for lasting peace. The citizens of Gaza just need to make it happen. If Israel can make peace with Egypt and Jordan then the same can happen with Gaza.

Shalom aleichem
Are you Arabic by any chance, Eighth?

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

لوحة المفاتيح العرب ?

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Spoonman101 on Jul 22, 2014, 02:20:51 PM
Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jul 22, 2014, 02:05:22 PM

Shalom aleichem
Are you Arabic by any chance, Eighth?

That's "Arab".

Aspie

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed