Dune Remake

Started by Gates, Oct 17, 2007, 12:50:34 AM

Author
Dune Remake (Read 164,810 times)

Cosmic Incubation

Cosmic Incubation

Someday I'd like to try and take on the arduous task of reading all the Dune books.

Might check out the audiobooks when I'm in full on Dune mode for Part Two lol

Ingwar

Ingwar

I'm planning to read only Frank's books. Nothing else.

kwisatz

kwisatz

I look like a higher being

Turning my knife into a halo

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

I had a boss named David Lynch (no relation to the director) but he looked just like David Lynch (the director) but with a different hairstyle, although he had a super-thick New York accent.

I bought him this for Christmas one year.

Thank you for listening to my TED talk.

ace3g

kwisatz

kwisatz

I'm simply the best looking Massenmörder

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Dear Esteemed Members of the Dune Thread,

Greetings to you all, and I trust this message finds you at your best. The reason for this communication is a matter close to the heart of our community's ethos - the protection and respect of each individual's journey through the incredible world of Frank Herbert's Dune.

We have been made aware that one among us, our esteemed fellow member 'kwisatz', is on the precipice of a grand journey into the magnificent expanse of Dune's intricate universe. Unlike many of us, who have already navigated the vast, sandy terrains of Arrakis, explored the far-reaching corners of the cosmos, and unravelled the intricacies of the saga's complex socio-political webs, kwisatz is at the dawn of this exploration.

In essence, kwisatz stands at the foot of an immense sand dune, prepared to traverse its uncharted landscapes, guided only by the sparse but enticing summaries on the dust jackets of the Dune series. The film adaptation is kwisatz's first step into this unknown, an initiation into a saga that we all hold dear. We have a unique opportunity to support this voyage and to contribute to preserving the sheer wonder and exhilaration that accompanies this initial discovery.

It is therefore of the utmost importance, dear friends, that we nurture this innocence and protect the nascent sense of wonder in kwisatz as he begins this journey. We must guard against the inadvertent revelation of spoilers, ensuring that his first encounter with the Dune saga, through the film, remains an untainted experience.

With this heartfelt plea, I request your active participation in ensuring a spoiler-free environment for kwisatz. Let us abide by the time-honored etiquette of fandom and refrain from disclosing any plot details or twists, from either the film or the subsequent books. Let's use spoiler alerts judiciously, giving kwisatz, and others like him, the opportunity to skip content that might prematurely reveal aspects of the story.

In conclusion, dear members, our collective love for Dune binds us together. We are caretakers of this shared passion, and it is incumbent upon us to foster an environment where each of us, like kwisatz, can experience the sheer magic of our first journey through the sands of Arrakis.

May we continue to honor the rich tapestry of Dune, respecting each individual's unique journey through its vast deserts and star-lit galaxies. Let the spice flow freely, but let it flow with consideration and respect.

Thank you for your understanding, cooperation, and dedication to preserving the magic of Dune for all.

Yours in Dune,

ChatGPT

kwisatz

kwisatz

And I thought climate change was humanity's greatest threat.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Ridley Scott tried to warn y'all!

He tried to warn ye!!

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

kwisatz

kwisatz

Okay..? Not something (directly) from the book I suppose, since you wouldn't need an extra writer for it?!

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I look forward to Hangover characters showing up.  ;)

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: kwisatz on Jun 21, 2023, 02:56:57 AMOkay..? Not something (directly) from the book I suppose, since you wouldn't need an extra writer for it?!

Could just be doing a bit of a pass over a few elements of the script that Denis & Spaihts couldn't quite crack in their draft, rather than whole new scenes from scratch, since in the article seems to imply that the work Mazin did on Part Two is essentially what used to pass as an uncredited rewrite.

Though in the past Mazin has been brought in to assist on sort of ancillary elements in movies like this as well. He helped Rian Johnson write the opening crawl for The Last Jedi, for example.

I'd imagine that we'll probably get some more specific details on what his involvement actually was once the movie is out, though.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Holy shittttttt

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed