Hot Toys PREDATORS 1:6 figures

Started by Sabres21768, Jul 04, 2010, 01:12:29 PM

Author
Hot Toys PREDATORS 1:6 figures (Read 172,399 times)

ridetofight

ridetofight

1.) gah, i hope this movie isn't too good - i wasn't planning on buying these figures, and this preview looks really cool. the only way i can justify not buying it is if i think the movie sucks and i don't lie the character.

2.) i own 16 hot toys figures (and i work retail, i'm barely middle class, not made of money). i've had issues with two of them out of the box. hicks had a broken wrist peg, and the lost predator's left leg WOULD NOT fit together. i know they are expensive, and i know non-1/6 figures' joints are more easily hidden with the sculpt, and they look 'less like toys". i can abide those arguements. i can't understand how people have fragility issues with them, though. from the spills some of mine have taken, they are pretty durable, given the inherent fragility in such fine detail and pieces vs. material. if you respect them for what they are, they won't break.

CEP

CEP

Quote from: coolbreeze on Jul 04, 2010, 09:49:27 PM
Quote from: CEP on Jul 04, 2010, 09:36:10 PM
I cant believe people trash Hot Toys here...they ARE the best. If you think they're shit, you probably cant afford them....:/

That's a pretty ignorant statement. So people don't like HT that automatically means they can't afford them? Maybe people can't justify spending $200+ on an action figure when for $20 they can get NECA and have a figure with great detail at a smaller scale?

People who hate HT are just nuts. NECA does not hold a candle to HT. See their Terminator VS. Hot Toys' Terminator.

Tangakkai

Tangakkai

Problem is that the amount of detail on the predator neca figures is just too low for my taste. They may be more durable and "worth their money". But the coloring & scale just totally put me off. I've never had problem with my hot toys... anyway I've given up buying this kind of stuff but my hot toys collection is not the youngest and they are still in great condition.

Bakurenoh

Bakurenoh

Neca figures would be fine if i was 15 years younger than i am. But the truth is im 25 and im too old to have 6" cheap looking action figure laying around. To me the looks are so unapealing and the durability means so little as id never play with them.  But if i have a 12-13" super detailed looking what-appears-to-be-a-statue collectors piece standing around i can justify that. Even for the price.

Lar'ja Thwei

Quote from: Bakurenoh on Jul 05, 2010, 12:20:59 AM
Neca figures would be fine if i was 15 years younger than i am. But the truth is im 25 and im too old to have 6" cheap looking action figure laying around. To me the looks are so unapealing and the durability means so little as id never play with them.  But if i have a 12-13" super detailed looking what-appears-to-be-a-statue collectors piece standing around i can justify that. Even for the price.
You would never play with them..but you would play with HT's? The Neca figures do NOT look cheap.. Compared to HT/SS they will look less detailed though. I personally love HT/SS. Theres some issues here and there, but overall they are outstanding. Neca is still good though, the falconer is looking AMAZING btw. Can't wait to see HT/SS's version.

skull-splitter

I cant believe people trash Hot Toys here...they ARE the best. If you think they're shit, you probably cant afford them....:/

And you, Sir, have to be blind to deny the wonky proportions on HT preds, no matter what detail they put in their sculpts.

Billiken

Billiken

I must admit when I got the Hot Toys Predator 1 I wasn't that keen because it was very fragile. However I loved the head sculpt and how you could pose it. I wa scared putting the Predator 2 together it was fragile. F&%k that was hard work but Love the end result. I also have Billie and Dutch and they are so authentic. You won't beat them. Hot Toys for me are the best

Lar'ja Thwei

Quote from: skull-splitter on Jul 05, 2010, 07:51:34 AM

And you, Sir, have to be blind to deny the wonky proportions on HT preds, no matter what detail they put in their sculpts.
Give an example.

slipknotpredator

Hot toys predators suck!!!

Lar'ja Thwei

Give me your Elder nao.

187avp

187avp

Did anybody knows already the realease date, for the new babys???

skull-splitter

Quote from: Lar'ja Thwei on Jul 05, 2010, 03:03:50 PM
Quote from: skull-splitter on Jul 05, 2010, 07:51:34 AM

Give an example.

Get an eyecheck, really. All available photo's would count as source.

Sol

Sol

While you guys go back and fourth about whom is better (which is by the way, extremely subjective), I will be buying both the first set of NECA figures, and all the Hot Toys figures I can.

Why choose sides, when I can be Revolver Ocelot?

skull-splitter

Quote from: Sol on Jul 06, 2010, 05:08:45 PM
While you guys go back and fourth about whom is better (which is by the way, extremely subjective), I will be buying both the first set of NECA figures, and all the Hot Toys figures I can.

Why choose sides, when I can be Revolver Ocelot?

It's just that a more expensive toy doesn't make it better by default, nothing more, nothing less. As said, I'm quite happy with my P1 HT standing next to my PC here.

Sol

Sol

Where did you see me say that was the case, again?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed