More Casting: ROOM breakout Jacob Tremblay to star in Shane Black's The Predato

Started by ace3g, Jan 25, 2017, 05:30:11 PM

Author
More Casting: ROOM breakout Jacob Tremblay to star in Shane Black's The Predato (Read 45,624 times)

Daz1999

How is it not canon?

acrediblesource

OMG they casted a creepy looking ventriloquist's puppet.

KillCrites

I'm excited to see what they do with this. I think this is going to be a very fun movie.  :laugh:

genocyber

Aaaaaaand the movie is f**ked.

acrediblesource

Arnold is laughing his ass off. Unless it's a comedy horror sci-fi, which means it will be a success!

nanison

nanison

Good news, I was wondering what the new angle was going to be and it's something I never thought about.
I like the fact that this will finally portray the predator as an intelligent species and not just a killing machine monster (we have aliens for that). After all those creatures build space ships which humans beings can't yet. So naturally they have a language, morality, intelligence etc

Looks interesting and original. There's more to them than killing and skinning creatures...

Be serious really who wanted yet another round of a predator killing of a bunch of tough guys? And yet people are talking about a lack of creativity in sequels/reboots.

BishopShouldGo

Quote from: nanison on Jan 26, 2017, 12:13:22 AM
Good news, I was wondering what the new angle was going to be and it's something I never thought about.
I like the fact that this will finally portray the predator as an intelligent species and not just a killing machine monster (we have aliens for that). After all those creatures build space ships which humans beings can't yet. So naturally they have a language, morality, intelligence etc

Looks interesting and original. There's more to them than killing and skinning creatures...

Be serious really who wanted yet another round of a predator killing of a bunch of tough guys? And yet people are talking about a lack of creativity in sequels/reboots.

This guy's one of the good ones.

Predator_Spirit

Most of the fans who endured a lot of pointless predator crap since what, 27 years.

genocyber

Quote from: nanison on Jan 26, 2017, 12:13:22 AMBe serious really who wanted yet another round of a predator killing of a bunch of tough guys? And yet people are talking about a lack of creativity in sequels/reboots.
I did! This is starting to shape up into AVP-R territory.
-suburbs
-predator hunting in a town
-ex marine soldier
-kids and family
-literal who? casting

nanison

nanison

Quote from: Predator_Spirit on Jan 26, 2017, 12:21:31 AM

Most of the fans who endured a lot of pointless predator crap since what, 27 years.

So you didn't like predator 2? I personally love it equal to the original. All the other films were well below my expectations.

Quote from: genocyber on Jan 26, 2017, 12:26:12 AM
Quote from: nanison on Jan 26, 2017, 12:13:22 AMBe serious really who wanted yet another round of a predator killing of a bunch of tough guys? And yet people are talking about a lack of creativity in sequels/reboots.
I did! This is starting to shape up into AVP-R territory.
-suburbs
-predator hunting in a town
-ex marine soldier
-kids and family
-literal who? casting

But this time there is a budget and some talented men behind the camera.
Nothing wrong with the casting, the predator is the star anyway...

The Wolverine Predator

Quote from: Master on Jan 25, 2017, 06:59:06 PM
Quote from: skhellter on Jan 25, 2017, 06:29:01 PM
Quote from: RakaiThwei on Jan 25, 2017, 06:20:47 PM
Not sure I like the idea of the kid learning Predator language. I mean isn't it usually consisting with grunts and clicks anyway?

Having a child prodigy/autistic kid understand some of the patterns/words is fine, imo.

Not really realistic, mind you.. as people with autism often struggle with learning other languages, etc.
but it's a predator film and realism isnt really the name of the game so whatever.

He may have Asperger syndrome. Very similar to autism but without mental disability nor language problems. People with Asperger syndrome tend to be obsessively interested in one particular subject, like languages.
Kinda like Affleck in The Accountant?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BishopShouldGo

And the "who's" were just in or are about to be in major projects, with significant roles. Logan, Moonlight, People vs OJ, Room, Black Panther, etc. The AvP-R cast wasn't like that.

nanison

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Jan 26, 2017, 12:45:48 AM
And the "who's" were just in or are about to be in major projects, with significant roles. Logan, Moonlight, People vs OJ, Room, Black Panther, etc. The AvP-R cast wasn't like that.

Fact. Plus the kid was awesome in Room, one of my fave movies of 2015

Keith

All of the sudden, Predators looks so much better.

echobbase79

Not a frame of film has been shot yet. At least give it that until the comparisons to AvP-R start.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed